IGNORED

Your Favorite and Least

Inky

I know what that is like Eric_Ruck. I lent my godson my Atari Lynx to play with at a party and all the kids wanted to have one after they saw the graphics and the games (I have about 13 games and a carrying case to keep them safe).

The kids starting bugging their parents to get them one and I told their parents that they can still obtain them on ebay since Atari is no longer around and you can't buy the Lynx in stores. Just goes to show that fun games are fun games, regardless of the technology that produces them.

my favorite Arcade game of all time is Paperboy very cool and unique game. Rootbeer tapper, Virtua Racing and Virtual Fighter, Pac man and any gun game. I don't have a least favorite although baseball games suck in the arcade because you can only play one in most of them. Lame.

no matter how advanced video game consoles get, there will always be a place for arcade machines, its just that feeling you get from looking at a big screen, pumping in quarters (or dollars sometimes here in canada) and the big buttons and big joystick and actually being in a place where other video game players can go and chat and meet is just something that you cant replace with a console thats connected to the internet.

• 1 month later...

Whoa nice Atari 7800 stuff on that web site you have there Cousin Vinnie, i especially like the comments on the pages you dont have ready yet

The high score page gives me something to shoot for as i havent kept a full record of my scores, but i have a few

Wew tough decisions. Lets break it down.

Retro-Galaga....best game ever made.

My Teens-That offroad truck game with nitrous(help on this one please)

Present Day-Golden Tee...this game takes more money from me than my mortgage.

As far as worse coin op ever....I would have to go with centipede. I know I will get flamed for this but man that game just pisses me off. I dont know why but I hate it.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Malix ]

My fav is Ms. Pac-Man. I went on some incredibly boring school conventions to Louisville , and the only thing that saved me from attempting to hitchhike somewhere more interesting was the hotel lobby's Ms. Pac-Man.

Least favorite? Any of the "Deer Hunter" or whatever games that cost like 3 dollars to play, and only serve to suck money from the wallets of naive parents.

quote:

Originally posted by eric_ruck:

I love best/worst lists. Anyway, if you're going to bring 300 lbs of fun home in the form of a coin-op, for my space and money it has to be a color vector game. While I would love a Space Duel or Major Havoc, I would have to go with the one I already own, Black Widow.

I agree with you 100%, although I don't think I've ever played a Major Havoc in the wild (the arcades around me when I grew up generally had a pretty poor selection). Black Widow is one of my favorite color vector games from Atari. Space Duel is also loads of fun, and I have a Gravitar machine that I can stick a Space Duel board in, and it has been modified to use a Genesis controller for two player games. I also have a Space Duel control board that I can swap out if I want to leave Space Duel running for a while.

Many years ago I had a Tempest machine, but sadly I sold it before moving back from Rochester somewhere around 1991. I sold it to the same person I had bought it from for $300. Still kicking myself over that one, but I really couldn't afford to lug this huge, heavy arcade cabinet back to Connecticut with me. Ahhh, well, someday I'll get another one.

..Al

It's hard to say... there's a lot of coin-op that I loved....

Crystal Castles, a wonderful game. I remember when, in the xmas of 1984, I spent all my holiday days at the pub playing with Bentley Bear, then at home with the VCS-home version.

PacMan, nothing else to say!

Pole Position, Mr. DO!, Mystic Marathon (great!), F1-Dream.... and many other

• 8 months later...

My favorite arcade game of all time would have to be Galaga. My dad loves this game and so do I. My least favorite arcade game would be Cliff Hanger. I saw this game on Starcade. I was under the impression that it was going to be some sort of game where you climbed up mountains and fought all sorts of enemies. Instead it was a laser disc game with terrible animation. I mainly hate this game because the animation in the game is anime and I have hated anime my whole life.

My favorite: Donkey Kong (The first video game I remember playing)

Honorable mention: Defender, Joust, Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Stargate, Asteroids, Dig Dug, Centipede.

I could go on and on. Early '80's arcade games are my absolute favorites.

Worst game: Mortal Combat (all of them). I hate these damn games :x . The only reason these games were popular was because of all the gore.

Hmmm, hard to say about these really, like a lot of people have said, there's so many...

Major Havoc was pretty original and cool, not to mention Xybots. I liked Tempest a lot as well. Blasteroids was a nice spin on Asteroids. Along with playing it for years--I've got Gauntlet 4 for my Genesis that I still whip out occasionally--I've always called Gauntlet "Atari's revenge on Intellivision" since it was like Swords and Serpents, being top-viewed and having an adventure theme to it, but way better, especially with having up to four players on it (but that's unfair to try to rag on Intellivison on that point, since it could only have two players at a time anyway...it was a very classic console, don't get me wrong!). Atari had a lot of unique ones, that's for sure!

Ones I didn't like? I can't really think of any; probably the Atari game I liked the least--but I still played a bit of--was Pack Rat. I never could get very far in that game.

As for my fav I'd have to go very recent and say the Star Wars Special Edition trilogy machine(sit down version)

As for least fav I'd say Mortal Combat, I was a respectable player in fighters (Tekken, VF, SF) but for some reason I couldn't fair anywhere near as well on Mortal Kombat. :sad:

Favorite? That's a tough one... there were plenty of machines that I loved and fed tons of quarters into. For the purposes of this discussion, I'll say Joust. Right now, it's #1 on my list of games I'd like to own, with Pac-Man a close second. Dammit, I'm just a Joust junkie! :P

Interestingly, some of my favorite games are ones which are rather obscure. A couple of good examples are Psycho Soldier and Beastie Feastie. I played both of these [very] regularly at two different Wal-Marts in Missouri back in the 80s. Also, I recently acquired a Son Son board set from eBay; I'm going to build a wiring adapter (so I don't have to modify anything) and plug it into my Ghosts 'N Goblins cabinet. ;)

HEAVY***6***er

Dammit, I'm just a Joust junkie!  :P

Unless you've got it emulated, or already own the game I'm about to mention, if you've got a Genesis, SNES or Playstation, they've got it perfectly translated (well, on the Genesis version, at least...I don't think they could screw it up on the other two consoles) on Williams' Arcade's Greatest Hits, along with the other perfect conversions (including bugs!) of Defender, Stargate, Robotron: 2084 and Sinistar, and the PS also has Bubbles and a virtual museum with interviews of the game designers.