IGNORED

Phantom II / Pirate

s0c7

I just played this on my GP2X and will now play it on the original 2600 with the CC1

but it is so good I will probably buy the cart

Whether you buy it or not, I appreciate the kind words. Everybody has been really supportive of this release and it makes me want to continue developing for the 2600 (while hopefully improving my skills at it).

I do encourage everybody to "try before you buy". The bin posted in this thread is what you get on the cart.

• Like 1

I just played this on my GP2X and will now play it on the original 2600 with the CC1

but it is so good I will probably buy the cart

Whether you buy it or not, I appreciate the kind words. Everybody has been really supportive of this release and it makes me want to continue developing for the 2600 (while hopefully improving my skills at it).

I do encourage everybody to "try before you buy". The bin posted in this thread is what you get on the cart.

3 games in one....GOOD games at that.....is MORE than enough reason, in my book, to buy this masterpiece........waitin till i get money after x-mas to get it......... :D :D

I'm not crazy about Pirate, but the way it is put together is damn cool and inventive. Phantom II is really fun me though, and looks really good. The Easter Egg is great too, I hadn't ever played it in it's previous incarnation, but now that I've tried it I love it. You did great things with this cart, and you're definately giving people a lot of value for their money, cramming three good games onto it. Very nice work!

Since people are playing the Easter Egg (and it's not terribly hard to find), I guess I better explain it. You are the wizard Fonzalf (there you go sandmountainslim ;) ). You are trying to collect the 5 pieces of an enchanted staff, which when put back together will make you supremely powerful (or whatever). Anyway, the pieces of the staff are in a small temple guarded by a beholder. Each piece is in a different room. Each room has a series of switches in the wall that must be pressed in the correct order to open the wall to the area where the staff piece is. Get a switch out of order and they all return to their original state. The first 3 rooms have 4 switches, the final 2 have 6. The beholder enters the room on the 1st wrong switch and chases you around as you try to complete the task (he gets faster each screen). To flip a switch, hit fire when you are relatively close to the wall and in the vertical field of the switch (the holes in the wall). After the wall opens, grab the piece of the staff and you will automatically teleport yourself to the next room. Get all 5 and you win. If the beholder touches you, you die.

• Like 1

Since people are playing the Easter Egg (and it's not terribly hard to find), I guess I better explain it. You are the wizard Fonzalf (there you go sandmountainslim ;) ).

:D

Can't wait for my cart to arrive.

Knowing myself I will NEVER find the EE, however.

WP

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine today!

I enjoy Phantom but Pirate has me HOOKED, what a game!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. That's the whole point of 3 games/3 different genres. Hopefully something for everybody. :)

You have created one of the most entertaining cartridges ever made ;) A multi-cart posing as a simple arcade port.

Great job man, I appreciate the work you put into it.

WP

• 2 months later...

i have no clue what the clue was in the manual. i checked the text word for word to find what exactly was omitted from the downloadable instructions document.

but thanks to post #18 found on the thread below, i was able to figure it out.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100175

game three ROCKS!!!

Edited by bomberpunk

i have no clue what the clue was in the manual. i checked the text word for word to find what exactly was omitted from the downloadable instructions document.

but thanks to post #18 found on the thread below, i was able to figure it out.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100175

game three ROCKS!!!

Glad to hear the cart arrived safely and that you're enjoying it! :D

..Al

I never said it was in the manual. :)

i can't be this stupid. the fact that i know how to access the game but still cannot see the clue is getting on my nerves.

i have an idea what the clue is, but i didn't find it obvious and it's in more than one place, which actually should have made it obvious. so maybe that's actually the clue. but again i might just be stupid.

i can't be this stupid. the fact that i know how to access the game but still cannot see the clue is getting on my nerves.

i have an idea what the clue is, but i didn't find it obvious and it's in more than one place, which actually should have made it obvious. so maybe that's actually the clue. but again i might just be stupid.

Heads-up... ;)

• Like 1

OK. I just looked at my printed manual and it printed out fairly unreadable. Nathan & I have the advantage of looking at the digital copy. If you look at the HUD on the back cover you may be able to make out in the 3 boxes PRESS FIRE 3X.

Edited by s0c7
  • Like 1

OK. I just looked at my printed manual and it printed out fairly unreadable. Nathan & I have the advantage of looking at the digital copy. If you look at the HUD on the back cover you may be able to make out in the 3 boxes PRESS FIRE 3X.

I just looked at the manual--yeah, that's pretty much impossible to see. I wasn't even aware that was hiding on there. :)

..Al