IGNORED

Atari Shodown: Week VII - Atari Lynx

Rhindle The Red

Atari Shodown: Week VII - Atari Lynx  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite of the following Atari Lynx titles?

• Blue Lightning
    • California Games
    • Checkered Flag
    • Chip's Challenge
    • Desert Strike
    • Joust
    • Klax
    • Kung Food
    • Road Blasters
    • S.T.U.N. Runner
    • Xenophobe

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

my vote easily goes to Xenophobe, superior to even the arcade game it's based on, with a hint of 'Aliens' too. It's fun alone or with others comlynxed. And use headphones for the true stereo audio experience the tiny built-in speaker doesn't offer.

:cool:

To me... Stun Runner. Now that is a fun game that sold me on the Lynx. However, I strangely play Rampage or Shanghai, or even Chip's Challenge more, but Stun Runner showed to me the power of the Lynx.

Klax is the main reason my Lynx is used and is what finally dragged my wife kicking and screaming into gaming addiction. She now has a DS with heaps of games but still turns on the Lynx for a Klax fix every now and then. A great game.

I'm going to have to add STUN Runner to the collection though, judging by the voting so far.

I played Stun Runner too, yes the scaling polygons are a nice 3D touch that gameboy and the consoles (at that time) could not do, but I feel the controls really flawed the game and forces me to take points off (I've played the coin-op hundreds of times)

I orginally suggested Xenophobe because I absolutely love this game but selected Klax because that's where my mind is at currently. My favorite Lynx game is one of those that changes every few weeks :P

...nobody in their right mind would think it is one of the best games for the Lynx.

i do, even tho i havent opened it up yet and its the only game that came with my lynx

and is probably why its on the list because almost eveey lynx sold now had that game with it :D

Had to go with Klax. I love California Games for a quick fix, Chip's Challenge for the puzzles, and S.T.U.N. Runner for its impressive visuals, but Klax wins me over with its game play, music, digitized voices, and wacky sound effects. Pure Lynx goodness!

I had to pick Chips Challenge. I'm a sucker for puzzle games, and it was the reason I bought a Lynx. with over 140 levels of fun, I proved that Tetris for the B/W Game Boy was crap...

Not really. I really liked Tetris and also bought a Game Boy.