IGNORED

Atari C-380 video pinball 7in1 systems

Gunstar

Not too long ago, I purchased a C-380 at a Goodwill for a few bucks, like new in the box.

It is the tan case type. I recently won an E-bay auction for two other C-380's; a black&woodgrain

Sears Tele-games model and a black&woodgrain Atari model. Does anyone know which version is the most rare/common? I'll probably keep the Tele-games model, but I will probably sell one of the Atari models. All are in like-new condition, but only the tan model has the box.

I think the woodgrains are rarer, but this is just what i have gathered off ebay. I always see the tan ones for sale, but maybe that is just becuase the woodgrain modles look mmore retro and atariish? If you wanna sell one of em you can email me or something, cuz i have been looking for one for a while. I think the atari model was manufactured more than the tele-games, so hold on to the telegames.

Sure. The plan is to sell one of the Atari's, I just have to decide which one. Of course, I'm still waiting on delivery of the other two, supposedly in like-new condition, but I'll see...

• 1 month later...

Yes, the video pinball systems arrived, and in good condition. They are slightly different from the tan one I already had; missing one of the rebound games and having an extra breakout variation instead. They are known by different names between the Sears console and Atari ones, such as "Breakaway" on the Sears machine instead of "Breakout." I also recieved two pong paddles from one of the Sears clones of the Pong machine by Atari. They are detachable, like regular controllers, but use mini (din) plugs like headphones instead of the standard 9 pin plugs. Anyone interested in these or any of the Pong machines? I'm not yet sur which machine(s) I will keep yet, but I'm definately selling at lest one and I don't have a use for the Pong paddle controllers, except maybe to salvage for paddle parts for other systems...

I have one of those sears clones with the detacable controllers.. i think they are pretty cool, the fact your not glued to the base unit really makes for some intense games (you know that excuse "you bumped the machine"? never again). Im interested in the pinball machine still, when you figure out what one you are willing to sell, email me at trenton_r@lycos.com (havent updated my profile yet, it still has my old email). I also need one controller if they use the same size jack as mine, as i have one with a dirty pot that jumps around like its on crack.

If your paddles use the headphone type of plug (actually smaller than a headphone plug, I'm just using that for discriptive purposes), I'm sure it will work; I doubt they made multiple sizes, they just eventually switched to the 9 pin type of plugs that were used for everything Atari except the 5200 and Jaguar. But I'd just as soon sell both paddles, as I have no use for them myself (and don't know if I ever will). I think I'll probably sell you the Sears model, I'll contact your e-mail soon to discuss it. If you want I'll just include the two paddle controllers for a nominal fee on top of what we decide on for the price of the C-380.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay, i always forget this forum is here. Yes, they use the smaller than headphone sized jacks, about umm.. well small, very small. I changed my primary email to trenton_r@lycos.com due to the hotmail one getting over 500 spams a day and it was deleting real emails. If you are still interesed in selling contact me there.. ill gladly take both paddles, as cleaning pots is no fun at all

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

sorry for the delay, i always forget this forum is here. Yes, they use the smaller than headphone sized jacks, about umm.. well small, very small. I changed my primary email to trenton_r@lycos.com due to the hotmail one getting over 500 spams a day and it was deleting real emails. If you are still interesed in selling contact me there.. ill gladly take both paddles, as cleaning pots is no fun at all

No prob., but I've no way of testing these paddles anyway, so they may be no better than wht you got, and may need to be cleaned anyway.