IGNORED

1978 Atari Pong Tournament Table on eBay - Ends today!

Albert

I really weish i would have found this sooner so i could round some money up and bid on this sucker.. wow what i wouldnt give for that..

Sidenote.. must destroy the evil cyber patrol filter they installed up at the hell (work). It blocks everything even the rerouting proxies, and that made me mad because thats how i got around the last surfing filter they had.. alas they blocked atariage.com an theonion.com.. the only sites that help me keep my sanity during the day

P.S. PLEASE NOTE IT HAS BEEN RELISTED THERE IS A BUY IT NOW FOR 400 DOLLARS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?V...item=1069136072

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: liquid_sky ]

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

P.S. PLEASE NOTE IT HAS BEEN RELISTED THERE IS A BUY IT NOW FOR 400 DOLLARS.

Ahhh, cool, I'll have to stick that sucker up on the front page.

As for CyperPatrol, I just checked and indeed they do have "www.atariage.com" in their list, categorized under "games". I'd be pissed if I worked somewhere that attempted to filter my Internet browsing. Guess they better make sure you don't bring any non-approved Magazines or Books into work, either. Or god forbid you have a laptop with materials they don't approve, like, Games! Oh No, doesn't Windows ship with Solitaire, Freecell and Minesweeper?

..Al

I forgot to thank you for posting this for me Albert.

Yeah I think the filter is stupid anyway.. its not like anyone wants to do business with us in the first place! High priced horrible computer repair shop.. our bench fee is 55 dollars.. isnt that a rip-off?

Needless to say i wont be staying here much longer, I hate the feeling of screwing everyone over.

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

LOL Albert, at the last place i worked they busted 5 people for playing those windows games during work time, then they got rid of the games altogether

I've been working in the game industry for several years and that wouldn't go over too well for us. During normal hours people don't play too many games, although I certainly have fired up other PS2 titles to do, uhmmm, "research". Heck, even before jumping into the game industry, we played a ton of games at previous jobs. I think the advent of Doom is what really set it off, since almost no one could afford to setup a network at home back then. I remember playing a lot of Warcraft at work. This was usually after hours, but we'd often blow our lunch hour++ on games. With headphones.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

Yeah I think the filter is stupid anyway.. its not like anyone wants to do business with us in the first place! High priced horrible computer repair shop.. our bench fee is 55 dollars.. isnt that a rip-off?

I don't know, I've never yet brought a computer somewhere to get it repaired, as I build and maintain all my machines myself. Well, not including the G4 Tower that needed its motherboard replaced, but that was under warranty (thank goodness, or I probably would have had to pay through the nose to get a new one). So I assume this $55 bench fee is just to take a look at the machine before any work is done? I think I need to start my own computer repair shop.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by CosmicJoke:

To get back on topic, yeah that is a cool Pong unit. If it were in driving distance of me and I had $400 to spare, I would probably convince myself I needed it

You're right, I'm setting a bad example. I just took a look at the KLOV entry for this game, and they don't even have a picture of the cabinet. So I'm guessing it's a pretty uncommon game. I've never seen one, but that doesn't make it rare, given I didn't have access to great arcades when I grew up.

Yeah, if it was in Texas I'd consider buying it also.

..Al

Yeah, the shipping has to be more than i could handle, let alone the price . I am a big fan of the pong era games, i dont know why they appeal to me so much.

and to the off topic so we can keep on topic in this topic.. The bench fee is sort of like labor, but we ALSO charge labor . Say you needed a new power supply put in your computer. The Bench Fee will be 55 dollars, labor will be around 20.. say you need a mouse driver installed on your computer.. same bench fee. Its more or less like a babysitting feee for your tower, because we are always at least a day behind on the repairs.

Odd you mention the own repair shop.. after I get some certifications, mainly NT and Cisco, Ive always wanted to start one up.

Well, I think this Pong version came out towards the end of Pong's popularity, didn't it? That could probably explain why its uncommon, less sold, less available to preserve. I can't recall ever seeing it anywhere either. Although, the late '70s was a long time ago and my memory isn't as good as it could be