IGNORED

Breakout/Pinball

moycon

The first game system I ever had was a combination Breakout and Pinball. A few years back I bought one that looked like the one I had, the console had buttons on the side you pushed for the "flippers" (very cool) Unfortunately it wasn't what I remembered if it was in fact the same unit. The "flippers" wern't flippers at all...They were just two lines that would appear at the bottom of the screen and cover the hole that was there for a second. Not much like pinball at all. Is this how these units were and its just been so long I dont remember?? or were their units made that had actual flippers...More like VIDEO PINBALL for the 2600 i guess?

No No No I dont got jack. I wore that sucker out in '78...I didnt mind tho cuz once it was toast it was Atari 2600 from than on!!! But in all fairness. It might have been what you said...I dont remember Did this atari you mention just have the two lines that appeared at the bottom of the screen insted of flippers that moved up and down?

Yes sir, *sigh* thats not how I remember the game....Oh well, that was like 20 years ago!!!! I guess all those years of Atari 2600 video pinball spoiled me! Still....Cool concept with the flipper buttons on the side on the console and all. Someone ought to develop a modern system like that...Have like 5 different playfields with a console like that one!!!! Cool! Hu?