IGNORED

Prototypes that were shown but never surfaced?

Foxsolo2000

Was the voice controlled Battlezone ever seen or was it just a rumour? ;)

Just a rumor as far as I know. Also, I've never heard of Battlezone 2. Perhaps you're thinking of the second version of Battlezone that was supposedly being developed that got scrapped?

Tempest

Was the voice controlled Battlezone ever seen or was it just a rumour? ;)

Just a rumor as far as I know. Also, I've never heard of Battlezone 2. Perhaps you're thinking of the second version of Battlezone that was supposedly being developed that got scrapped?

Tempest

It is perhaps a succinct possibility for Atari were infamous for their vapourware but I do remember reading in a UK Atari fan club news letter about games that were coming soon and along with Dumbo and Good luck Charlie Brown, Battlezone 2 was mentioned in name only. On line I have seen it listed but there is no information available but then a lot of rumoured games such as 9 to 5 and the Fall Guy were on the same lists and they were never released either. Rom got me thinking that Atari could have been thinking of releasing one of the other versions or even the voice operated one before thinking twice about the whole project. It is as good a theory as any other I have heard;)

From the descriptions I've read, Fall Guy was just going to be a hack of Squish 'em (which is why the plot makes almost no sense). Most of the movie based titles from TCF were just repacking or slight hacks of Sirius games. I wouldn't be surprised if it exists somewhere.

Tempest

From the descriptions I've read, Fall Guy was just going to be a hack of Squish 'em (which is why the plot makes almost no sense). Most of the movie based titles from TCF were just repacking or slight hacks of Sirius games. I wouldn't be surprised if it exists somewhere.

Tempest

I guess you are right for even MacDonalds was shown to exist in some kind of limited form. Back to the Battlezone question, a vectorscan version was not possible on the 2600 and no doubt the game would have resembled Tempest which is probably why it was dropped but what was the third version liek that was being worked on? Does anyone know how it might have turned out? ;)

How about Turbo? It was shown, wasn't it?

Now, I can not believe they managed to do Robotron for the VCS. I would love to see that... Was it shown at any expo?

Eduardo

Yep, in fact my ex-co-worker, David Akers saw it and said it was the most insane flicker-fest ever.

Yep, in fact my ex-co-worker, David Akers saw it and said it was the most insane flicker-fest ever.

LOL

Well, although I think Thomas did a great job with his version of Turbo, I really hope that the original version will surface one day.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

LOL

Well, although I think Thomas did a great job with his version of Turbo, I really hope that the original version will surface one day.

8)

My comment was in regards to Robotron.

LOL

8)

He made a version of Turbo? Any link to it? I'd love to be able to play the game again besides MAME...

I'm pretty sure that Turbo exists, but it's hard to say. I've heard a first hard account on why it was cancelled, but I'm not sure the source was trustworhty. It exists for the Intellivision for god sakes, you'd think that the 2600 version would have been done before that one.

Tempest

I am with Tempest on this one for Atari had the rights to release it as a red label along with Zaxxon so it had to be finished or near enough to be considered in the first place. I remember in the winter edition of TV Gamer in the Uk they were talking about Turbo and how it was going to challenge Pole Position and Enduro. They even confirmed that it would use a joystick and not any paddle or driver controller. I would love to know what happened to it. ;)

Tempest

I got a copy of 'Fall Guy' rom for the Colecovision on floppy disk here somewhere....

Tempest

I got a copy of 'Fall Guy' rom for the Colecovision on floppy disk here somewhere....

Different Fall Guy. The Colecovision version is an original game.

Tempest