IGNORED

Stunt Cycle Price

DuckandCover

I've been hoping to get my hands on an Atari Stunt Cycle console. Unfortunately, I haven't run across one in "the wild", so I started thinking that the dreaded Ebay might be my best option to locate one. Recently, one turned up, and went for close to fifty dollars.

Ebay Item #1345727837

Not knowing a blasted thing about how common these consoles are, I was wondering if this was a reasonable price to pay for one...or did someone get ripped off?

• 3 months later...

Well, there are two models: Atari Stunt Cycle and Sears Motocross. The latter has 16 PONG games that the former doesn't play.

They are, in my opinion, worth around $75 in virtually unused condition (so absolutely complete in box without damages).

I have personally paid $45 for each of them on ebay, and they are complete in their boxes. No styrofoam packing, but what the heck, they are indeed much rarer in better condition.

Now, a small advice for the collectors: please avoid those silly high priced auctions where sellers insist that the games are ultra rare and possibly seen for the last time. I have been collecting since late 1995 and own over 750 machines as I write this message, and I can certify that Stunt Cycle and Motocross games are not impossible to find in excellent condition. Be patient, you'll pay less....

David Winter

http://www.pong-story.com