IGNORED

2600 Defender Arcade - Pretty Much Complete!

PacManPlus

Hi guys:

Like I similarly stated in the '7800: Pac-Man' thread, I have a few boards for these, so if anyone wants a Defender Arcade cart ( with just my hacks - unless Supercat gives me his blessing ;) ) made just PM me and as long as I have boards left I will do it.

Bob

Hi Bob

certainly,i want one.

greetings Walter

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Supercat has graciously given me the code for the title screen to integrate into the hack, and his blessing to make the cartridge.

Thank you, Supercat! :)

It might take me a while to include the title screen in the hack, but as soon as it is done I will post here.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

Supercat has graciously given me the code for the title screen to integrate into the hack, and his blessing to make the cartridge.

Thank you, Supercat! :)

It might take me a while to include the title screen in the hack, but as soon as it is done I will post here.

Thanks!

thanks 4 the update. i'll be checking back

• 1 month later...

I'm actually having a little problem getting the title screen added. :( Not exactly sure how to do it.

I also found another bug: when you have lost your planet, not all of the landers in the next wave are mutants. (i.e. there are still some landers flying around, very confused, because there are no humanoids to pick up).

I will start looking at it again hopefully right after the holidays.

Bob

I'm actually having a little problem getting the title screen added. :( Not exactly sure how to do it.

I also found another bug: when you have lost your planet, not all of the landers in the next wave are mutants. (i.e. there are still some landers flying around, very confused, because there are no humanoids to pick up).

I will start looking at it again hopefully right after the holidays.

Bob

BTW just wondering if you still going to use the label art I've done for it :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think someone else is going to have to take this over as I won't have time to work on it with all that's going on now :(

There are two things left:

1) Add in Supercat's excellent title screen

2) Figure out why there are still some landers on the wave, after the planet blows up.

Whoever would like to take a crack at it, please PM me. (Also, I would like the source back once you finish it just to see what was done).

Bob

• 9 months later...

Hello all:

I figured out the Lander issue. I have left the Original Title screen, and I hope nobody minds. I did leave in the updated radar scanner by Supercat. :)

Here is the 'release candidate' of Defender Arcade. Remember, this is a 16K SuperChip game.

Let me know if you find any bugs! :)

Bob

defarcad.zip

Edited by PacManPlus

I didn't play it for very long, so I didn't find any bugs. I still wish there was a way to make your ship explode in the big way it does in the real arcade version. Like maybe get rid of all of the sprites on screen and use them to make that big colorful fireworks-like explosion when you die.

Hello all: I figured out the Lander issue. I have left the Original Title screen, and I hope nobody minds. I did leave in the updated radar scanner by Supercat. :) Here is the 'release candidate' of Defender Arcade. Remember, this is a 16K SuperChip game. Let me know if you find any bugs! :) Bob

Hope my old label still can be use for this cool game^_^