IGNORED

Minor AtariProtos.com Update

Tempest

Finally. Some good info on Turbo and Duke Nukem coming soon then? :P

Speaking of Turbo, there's one bit of information I didn't mention because I can't confirm it (and it was hearsay to begin with). Someone once said that Turbo for the 2600 was cancelled because the 2600 wasn't capable of doing the scene where there's ocean (water) on one side and a wall on the other.

I generally dismiss this for a few reasons. One, while this scene pops up now and then in the game, it's hardly a necessary part of the game (just some added scenery). And two, cutting technically difficult and unnecessary parts from 2600 ports was a very common occurance.

Tempest

Hmm... It appears that the empty rows I put in the table to create all those nice spaces between entries don't show up on IE, but do with Firefox (which is why I never noticed a problem). Does anyone know why IE behaves this way and if there's a way to get around it? Without the empty rows all the entries get squished together into an unreadable mess.

Tempest

Hmm... It appears that the empty rows I put in the table to create all those nice spaces between entries don't show up on IE, but do with Firefox (which is why I never noticed a problem). Does anyone know why IE behaves this way and if there's a way to get around it? Without the empty rows all the entries get squished together into an unreadable mess.

Tempest

Hmm Looks Ok to me and I am using IE. I'm wondering would it look better if the titles were underlined? Anyways, Good job Tempest. I'm going to read through the entire list tonight!

Kickman was originally supposed to be released by Midway, but when they decided not to enter the home gaming market themselves, they sold the rights to CBS Electronics

You know...I wonder if there isn't a similar (but lower key) story about that Universal proto that showed up. Perhaps Universal was having the same sort of thoughts about entering the VCS market when things fell apart.

Tempest

Hmm Looks Ok to me and I am using IE. I'm wondering would it look better if the titles were underlined? Anyways, Good job Tempest. I'm going to read through the entire list tonight!

Really? Hmm... To me when I look at it using IE it looks like this

Title

game description

Title

game description

when it should look like this

Title

game description

Title

game description

So I'm not sure what the heck is going on. I guess as long as it's readable...

Tempest

The formatting is a bit off, I need to fix that later. All the paragraphs are getting crammed together.
when I look at it using IE it looks like this

Title

game description

Title

game description

Title

game description

Title

game description

Looks the same to me as it does to you, and I think I've figured out the reason.

Here's your source for the "blank" table row preceding a title:

<tr>
	  <td><div align="left"></div></td>
	</tr>

By default MSIE will not display this row because there's no content!

There are a couple of work-arounds to this:

A. Use a nonbreaking space instead of an empty DIV:

<tr>
	  <td> </td>
	</tr>

B. Use a CSS style of "table {empty-cells:show}". Since this page does not use a stylesheet, you can apply it as an inline style ahead of the table, thus:

<STYLE type="text/css">
<!-- 
table {empty-cells:show}
-->
</STYLE>
<table width= {...}

or within the TABLE element start tag, thus:

<table width="100%" border="0" style="empty-cells:show">

With either of these methods, you can eliminate the empty DIV and simply use "<tr><td></td></tr>".

For more details about the problem and solutions, see: Empty cells in HTML tables.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Really? Hmm... To me when I look at it using IE it looks like this

Title

game description

Title

game description

Title

game description

Title

game description

Tempest

Oooo yeah. You are correct. That is how it looks to me. Its definately read-able, but I was thinking there was something off which is why I mentioned underlining the title, looks like Franz solve the riddle. The way you said it was supposed to look would definately even it all out and make it look better.

Thanks for the information, I'll fix that tonight. Besides, I need to add three games to the 2600 section:

Mark of the Mole

Rob Fulop's Robot game

Porkys (the original version)

I also might add Counts Castle, but I'm not 100% sure on that one. Supposedly it was going to be the missing fifth title in the CCW series, but was never finished. I've seen some memos that say it was about 6 weeks from being complete and another programmer was assigned to it after the original left, but I'm not sure if that's enough proof to say it existed.

Tempest

Some nice 7800 completed (or semi-completed) games never released. I'd have loved to see Moon Patrol, Elevator Action, Steel Talons, Road Riot, Rampart, & Toki!

Would any talented hombrewer like to tackle a couple of those? :D

Edited by Gregory DG

Some nice 7800 completed (or semi-completed) games never released. I'd have loved to see Moon Patrol, Elevator Action, Steel Talons, Road Riot, Rampart, & Toki!

Would any talented hombrewer like to tackle a couple of those? :D

Supposedly Track and Field was complete or near complete as well. I didn't add it to the page because I can't remember where I heard the rumor and I can't confirm it.

Tempest

Tempest, if you want to be thorough, you could add all the games that got catalog numbers despite never being seen otherwise. This would include Galaga, Food Fight, Choplifter!, Super Soccer and so on.

Read the last paragraph on the main page. Those games are going to be part of a seperate section. I think I'll call that section the Rumor Mill, and the section I just opened the Missing In Action page.

Tempest

Just to let you know you have Skyfox in the regular 7800 section and in the Missing in Action section.

Allan

Skyfox is going to come out of the regular section because I have yet to see proof of the 'demo' that I mentioned. One person claimed to have seen it, but no one seems to have the rom so as far as I'm concerned it goes back in the rumor mill.

Thanks for the heads up though, I had forgotten about that.

Tempest

This is why your site is one of my faves! Thanks for the update. Hopefully, we'll find them all someday.

Gauntlet is another lost 7800 title that was developed in Europe by Hewson.

Can that be verified? I've heard the same rumor, but I've never heard a company attached to it.

Tempest

Ok I *think* I fixed the page, let me know if it still looks funny.

I also added a few games:

Mark of the Mole (expect more info when I find my old email from Greg)

Actionaut

Candyland Surfing

Porkys

Count's Castle

Super Pac-Man

Tempest (7800)

Tempest