IGNORED

Developers scared of Ps3?

AtariJr

Mine is better because its touch and motion sensitive.

Mine is better because it takes $600 just to bring it home with you.

Bah! You're crazy if you think anyone is going to pay that much. You're too full of yourself. Yours lacks innovation. It just does the same old things without exploring new ground.

I think Sega's one of the people that's hesitant to mess with PS3 until it proves itself.

Why is it then, that I played one of these and saw the other two? :ponder:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Virtua Tennis 3

Virtua Fighter 5

I wish all you fanboys would just stop with this nonsense, none of them will fail, as much as you wish for it to happen (who knows why you people do that :?).

"Look, my penis is bigger than yours!"

"Ha, but mine tickles better and is faster."

"My penis was cheaper, so what if it doesn't look as good?"

"Nobody will want your penis for christmas, they can't afford it."

"Haha, my penis has much better controls than yours."

"Yeah, but my penis has better internet capabilities."

:roll:

:rolling:

Sega is definately supporting Sony - Virtua Fighter 5 is an exclusive to the PS3 - although likely exclusive for xxx amount of time, but still exclusive for awhile atleast.

yea like namco promising that Resident Evil 4 was exclusing to Gamecube :ponder:

Sega is definately supporting Sony - Virtua Fighter 5 is an exclusive to the PS3 - although likely exclusive for xxx amount of time, but still exclusive for awhile atleast.

yea like namco promising that Resident Evil 4 was exclusing to Gamecube :ponder:

There is no way in hell that Namco ever made promises about Resident Evil 4! Now Capcom on the other hand... ;) :D

There is no way in hell that Namco ever made promises about Resident Evil 4! Now Capcom on the other hand... ;) :D

Well, Namco makes 3D games for Sony consoles. They can't be trusted. They probably kill kittens too. :D

whoopsi, thanks for the fix ;)

Didn't Sega make F-Zero GX for the Cube?

yea they did... im actually suprised there isnt a F-zero game on the DS yet , seeming as they have 2 on the GBA and games like starfox coming for the ds...

There's actually 3 F-Zero games on the GBA. It's just Climax only got released in Japan.

SNK has already stated in interviews that Sony's approval processes are getting in the way of PS2 games for them, so it doesn't surprise me that the PS3 would be even less of an option.

IIRC, Sony said that SNK could only release old 2D games if they were as multi-packs. From what I've heard, Sony is now saying for the PS3 if the game doesn't do HD natively it won't get approved, and alot of SNKs back catalog is not in highdef.

I would be willing to wager SNK is still at least a little bitter from the whole psx contract debacle.

As I subtly hinted at in the embedded link in my post earlier in this thread (or just click here if you missed it the first time), SNK's already working on several new games for PS2 (as Sony's restrictions for approval have been eased). Since the PS2 hardware as it exists now is quite capable of handling these games, and the PS3 also happens to be backward compatible with PS2 games, there is absolutely no point in releasing PS3-specific versions of these same games.

I'm confident SNK will eventually produce games for PS3 when they are ready, but it doesn't seem to be a particularly high priority for them at this point in time.

I think Sega's one of the people that's hesitant to mess with PS3 until it proves itself.

Why is it then, that I played one of these and saw the other two? :ponder:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Virtua Tennis 3

Virtua Fighter 5

Because I misremembered, apparently.

I know they've made some negative statements about it, I just couldn't recall if they were holding off on support.

There's a reason I prefaced that sentence with "I think."

It's because I wasn't sure, and couldn't find the news articles I needed to check it without spending more time than I really wanted to.

I wish all you fanboys would just stop with this nonsense, none of them will fail, as much as you wish for it to happen (who knows why you people do that :?).

"My penis was cheaper, so what if it doesn't look as good?"

My penis was free. As were most people's. :P

SNK released today that they dont want to make a game for it till 2009-2010!!, practically when the system will be dead.

Uncalled for....

:ponder:

Just trying to start a war?

2006 + 5 years is 2011.... so yes.. 2010, practically when the system is dead... whats your problem? Hell even if its a popular as the ps2 that is 5 years.. if it's not as popular it will be less, so i think what i said isnt slamming anyone in any sense. Loosen up.

Roger dodger....

;)

speaking of ps3, i just saw the new pics for Gundam for the ps3 on IGN. Is that the graphical power of ps3? or are they just not taking advantage of the system. Call me crazy, but while the gundams are very nice looking, the ground looks like xbox quality... where are the individual blades of grass and individual pebbles on the ground that we were promissed ( and that has already been done to an extent on 360).

speaking of ps3, i just saw the new pics for Gundam for the ps3 on IGN. Is that the graphical power of ps3? or are they just not taking advantage of the system. Call me crazy, but while the gundams are very nice looking, the ground looks like xbox quality... where are the individual blades of grass and individual pebbles on the ground that we were promissed ( and that has already been done to an extent on 360).

To be quite honest, I'd wouldn't rate the graphical power of a system based on any anime game. :|

where are the individual blades of grass and individual pebbles on the ground that we were promissed ( and that has already been done to an extent on 360).

You're looking at the wrong games. Search the Web for screens and videos of Naughty Dog's PS3 game in development (currently unnamed). Here is a link to get you started:

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/812/812550.html

naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060526040214858.jpg

ok thats what im talking about.. finally. yea i guess an anime game shouldnt be the example of the finest graphics.. but to be honest they keep tooting the game up, and it looks like its suppost to look real instead of like a cartoon, so i figured that they were making the game look as good as the system could pump out (as of now).

that is much nicer for sure. This actually leaves me with an unusual senerio....

since the ps3 is the "most powerful" and the wii is seperated from them in stradegy, we are left with sony and M$ duking it out. With the 360 having little support in japan, not having as good of graphic quality, and having its defects with the red circle of death.. maybe , just maybe, sony has a chance of not coming in 3rd , but in a comfy 2nd. I know the price of the system is still a downside.. but maybe they will be smart and suprise people with a lower price tag at launch. If they do that then more developers will hop on and microsoft could be in trouble with a system that costs almost as much and is "outdated" technically compaired to the ps3...

please, dont actually think im rooting for any of those two ;) , but i'm just trying to hypothesize on what could happen. And considering i want one of those two GONE, as i liked it before with 2 main competitors instead of 3 (which i think will happen as nintendo is trying to seperate from them, leaving 2 to fight instead of 3, which makes a more of a possibility for one to die off). I personally dont like sony as much as Microsoft as i have liked my xbox and its quality better than my ps2, but i think there still maybe a chance of a big shock here if sony starts to actually make good decisions and put pressure on m$.

thanks for the pics... now put some stormtroopers and rebels there and call it "battlefront III" and I'd start saving for a ps3 today along with a Wii LOL (as long as there wasnt a version for Wii coming out.. but then again, i might just have to buy a Wii and Ps3 copy.. one for control, and one when i want eye candy ;))

Edited by AtariJr

where are the individual blades of grass and individual pebbles on the ground that we were promissed ( and that has already been done to an extent on 360).

You're looking at the wrong games. Search the Web for screens and videos of Naughty Dog's PS3 game in development (currently unnamed). Here is a link to get you started:

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/812/812550.html

naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060526040214858.jpg

Wow, I know where I'm going if I want to play a game of grass.

Dontya Wanta, wanta fanta....

Yes, it's only a picture. We just have to wait and see what the PS3 can really do. I am skeptical of what Sony's machines can do unless I really see them in person.

(recalls memories of seeing PS2 for the first time and going: that's it? Seriously, that's it?!)

Yes, it's only a picture. We just have to wait and see what the PS3 can really do. I am skeptical of what Sony's machines can do unless I really see them in person.

(recalls memories of seeing PS2 for the first time and going: that's it? Seriously, that's it?!)

I remember the PS2 launch and was happy to get one but didn't really get super excited until the 2nd wave of games came out... Twisted Metal Black, Starfighter and MEtal Gear had some nice pop to them.

I bought my PS2 for two reasons. For work (as I was working at EB and wanted to tell people what I thought about the titles) and for a DVD player (it made the wife happy when we could rent DVD's).

Now I won't be buying the PS3 (at least at launch and likely not until 2008 or so) for similar reasons. I no longer work at an EB and I don't feel the need to play the crappy launch titles. Secondly, my wife and I have built a nice DVD collection and see no need to 'upgrade' (and upgrade is not what we would call it... it's not super amazing) to BluRay. I like to play the games on a system, not look at pretty in game movies. I an save my self $600 by going to a kiosk in a store this fall and watch a kid play for 5 minutes and I'll be happy. I saw the bearded lady and now I can go home.

I remember the PS2 launch and was happy to get one but didn't really get super excited until the 2nd wave of games came out... Twisted Metal Black, Starfighter and MEtal Gear had some nice pop to them.

That's one reason why I don't get very excited about system launch's. Very rarely are 1st gen games worth it. Even the Xbox360 had this problem. It's better to wait a year and get games that actually take advantage of the hardware. Also there's a good chance by then there will be a price cut for the system and early games that are worth playing.

That's one reason why I don't get very excited about system launch's. Very rarely are 1st gen games worth it. Even the Xbox360 had this problem. It's better to wait a year and get games that actually take advantage of the hardware. Also there's a good chance by then there will be a price cut for the system and early games that are worth playing.

Agreed... that's what makes the 360 appealing right now... some decent titles and with the Canadian PGR3 bundle releasing in a few days I may be encouraged to buy one.

The only company that can say they had at least 1 or 2 good/great launch titles is Nintendo. They always seem to have a good game or two. Their 3rd party titles aren't so hot though.

True, Nintendo does have a great collection of launch titles. Being that the Wii is just an upgraded cube, I'm sure it makes it easy to create games for it...or to get away with the fact that several of their games were for the cube originally but were (easily) ported to their new system instead.