IGNORED

6502 SDK or IDE?

Heaven/TQA

I have been using Code::Blocks for 6502 work. Currently I have used makefiles but Code::Blocks has tools for using other compilers like AVR etc. Code::Blocks also has support for its own "makefile" replacement technology. So you can just add files to the project without a need to edit any makefiles.

Code::Blocks is much smaller than Eclipse and much much faster. It is a complete IDE including debuggers, compilers, editors.

It is also free and runs on Linux and Windows.

It would be great to start working on the real 6502 compiler support for this IDE. If we could use the cc65.org compiler with "include source" flags on then I believe we could even create a C-level debugger like Visual Studio.

--

Karri

Hi,

The idea of creating the symbol table to Atari800Win so you can load in in the debugger sounded very intersting to me. When I refactored the classes yesterday (to prepare for using other assemblers) I also added the function to create the LABELS file and it works fine. Unfortunately there is no option in Atari800Win to pass the labels file as commend line option, so you have to load it yourself.

I'm also in contact with Marc Schmelzenbach now (the creator of ATASM) regading hosting the download and other stuff.

Regards, Peter.

I have been using Code::Blocks for 6502 work. Currently I have used makefiles but Code::Blocks has tools for using other compilers like AVR etc. Code::Blocks also has support for its own "makefile" replacement technology. So you can just add files to the project without a need to edit any makefiles.

Code::Blocks is much smaller than Eclipse and much much faster. It is a complete IDE including debuggers, compilers, editors.

It is also free and runs on Linux and Windows.

It would be great to start working on the real 6502 compiler support for this IDE. If we could use the cc65.org compiler with "include source" flags on then I believe we could even create a C-level debugger like Visual Studio.

--

Karri

I assume by the name there are versions for other processors as well?

Do you have a link for us?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

So let's see you all in my new thread: WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

Please don't post replies to WUDSN IDE in this thread "Replying to 6502 SDK or IDE?", I'll only track the new thread.

Best regards, Peter.