IGNORED

Official Pac-Man Collection thread (ColecoVision/MSX)

opcode

Hi Eduardo...

You are just one in a million that take care for us ColecoVision fans all over the world.

That MegaCart looks very professional.

Hi Pac, -see you in August 2007. :D

You are the best to clone the early arcade-games we CV people loves...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just a new update:

- Pac-Man is currently in beta.

- I finished checking the Ms Pac-Man code, it's quite stable now. Sound was completely revised and I can say it sounds as close to the arcade game as possible for a CV. Truly beautiful. :)

- Ms Pac-Man still needs some maze graphics rework but it should be done by the end of this month. After that Ms Pac-Man is also going beta testing.

- This time we are taking extra care to have proper beta testing, so in addition to myself, we will have three other guys play testing Pac-Man Collection for more than two months before it gets released.

- Both games will be merged and migrated to the MegaCart next month, so Pac-Man Collection is still pretty much on schedule for its August release.

It has been a long, long development, and I apologize for it taking so long. But it is almost here now guys. :D

Eduardo

Hey Ed, for some strange reason I tested the demo of PMC in "ColEm 2.0" and the game worked fine. Even with an actual joystick being enabled.

What does this demo do exactly, and more importantly, what does it NOT do? Does it let you play both Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man, or does it just display the root menu of the cart, with game selection options disabled?

Well, it's more importantly what the demo rom does NOT do. I know Ed is aware of it, but in every other Colecovision emulator the game would refuse to boot to the opening demo screen (character introductions) if the joystick was set to a real PC controller. BlueMSX actually refused to run it outright with or without a PC joystick assigned. If the PC controller was disabled, the demo ran fine. Marat Fayullzin's ColEM is so far the only one that ran it WITH a PC game controller just fine.

How is this game going? And how can you make Ms. Pac man look better then it does in your website?

It won't look any better, but it will sound much better. I personally tried the latest private build of Ms. Pac-Man recently, and the sound output has been improved tremendously. I guarantee you'll enjoy Ms. Pac-Man for the music and sound effects alone! :)

Aside from that, Eduardo is working hard on getting PMC ready for its mid-August release. We're on schedule so far.

No, no, no, I mean what do they look like, the colors? The colors of the dots in the one in the maze in his website (the first board) are white, are they always white in the other 3?

I'm at work right now so I can't check.

Oh, and by the way, check my signature below. It's not just his website, it's our website. :)

What do the other mazes look like in Ms. Pac man? His website only has that one. Are the dots different colors?

Hi,

Yes, they follow the arcade colors. Second has yellow dots, 3rd has red dots, 4th has white dots.

Eduardo

No, no, no, I mean what do they look like, the colors? The colors of the dots in the one in the maze in his website (the first board) are white, are they always white in the other 3?

I'm at work right now so I can't check.

Oh, and by the way, check my signature below. It's not just his website, it's our website. :)

Sorry....

What do the other mazes look like in Ms. Pac man? His website only has that one. Are the dots different colors?

Hi,

Yes, they follow the arcade colors. Second has yellow dots, 3rd has red dots, 4th has white dots.

Eduardo

Oh, hohoho, man, I can't wait to see it! Eduardo, where do we send the money and to who, 'cause I'm sending mine IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still can't display the color pink :Ddrevil.gif

/nitpick

After making more than a billion dollars in quarters, Pac-Man and the ghosts bought a private island in the Caribbean. That is why they all look so tanned now. :)

Eduardo

• 5 weeks later...

Hello...

Well, I am sorry to inform that all work on PMC has been halted since late May due to health problems. It seems like I am starting to recover now, so I should resume work sometime soon. I am not quite in the mood yet, and maybe I will need a couple of weeks till I feel emotionally recovered. Right now I feel like I have aged 20 years and cannot see much fun on anything.

Eduardo

Hello...

Well, I am sorry to inform that all work on PMC has been halted since late May due to health problems. It seems like I am starting to recover now, so I should resume work sometime soon. I am not quite in the mood yet, and maybe I will need a couple of weeks till I feel emotionally recovered. Right now I feel like I have aged 20 years and cannot see much fun on anything.

Eduardo

Boy, can I relate.

JR

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

Good news: major development of Pac-Man Collection was completed today. The game now uses the MegaCart and includes all 3 arcade games. We are now entering beta, which will probably last till January or February. Packaging was sent to the printer in Brazil 2 weeks ago, so everything looks promising for a release in February/March.

Here is what you will get:

- Cartridge, box, manual, everything professionally printed

- Two arcade-perfect ports, Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man, PLUS a few surprises

- The biggest ColecoVision game ever, uses the new MegaCart and 128KB of ROM

We will start reservation for Pac-Man Collection soon. First 80 or so pre-orders will receive a special edition pac-yellow cartridge.

Road Fighter was completed a couple of months ago, cartridges have been assembled and we are now waiting for the package to come back from the printer. Probably will see a release in January, once we receive the printed package.

Screenshots, movies, pictures, etc to follow soon... :)

Eduardo