IGNORED

New Rumor: Wii- $229 - November 2?

King_Salamon

anyone know about the other colors, silver, red, green, think there was a blue.....that they had when they first reveiled the system? Or are they saying screw it, and going with only Apple colors (white and black)?

Edited by AtariJr

anyone know about the other colors, silver, red, green, think there was a blue.....that they had when they first reveiled the system? Or are they saying screw it, and going with only Apple colors (white and black)?

There have been white and black plastics forever people, no need to call them "apple colours"

Why don't we call beige an "apple colour", or translucent colours "apple colours"?

Cause thats foolish is why.

Hell, the "vader" 2600 is all black, yet no one called it "atari colours"

*is buying a wii*

There have been white and black plastics forever people, no need to call them "apple colours"

Why don't we call beige an "apple colour", or translucent colours "apple colours"?

Cause thats foolish is why.

Hell, the "vader" 2600 is all black, yet no one called it "atari colours"

*is buying a wii*

im sorry, but that blakc and white controller/system with the clear coat casing looks too much like an ipod or a powermac.. give me a break...

so if your really really bothered by it , how about the STYLING and DESIGN is Apple. Id like you to find one thing that looks like that that came out before Apple's flashy products started to come out, so its apple...

either way you totally avoided the important part of the question, which is what happened to the other colors? Cancelled, or delayed?.. or just in japan and europe like the black DS lite :x

no need to release multiple colors until later in the life cycle... although I would like one of those green Wiimotes! :) Perhaps the colored remotes will be at launch (gives peiople their own color!)

yea that would be nice... but i just have a bad feeling japan will get all the fun again. Oh well, we got the original DS first, so there!!

it would be cool to have a matching wii mote and lightsaber blade in the new game :ponder:

Nice. :cool:

The controllers I have right now are black, and I can safely say that I would choose the black one.

only bad thing about black is that it wont match my Lite or my iMac lol

geeze

oh shush, its ultra sexy when things all match lol. Like my tv, silver ds, powerbook and cell phone :D ... now its my Lite, Mac, Wii, and iPod :cool:

I'll grab a black system, and hopefully a green remote as a second controller. Hopefully, there will be more than the 2 colors available for the controllers at launch, but I do have my doubts.

@AtariJr - since when does ultra sexy and living in the ghettooooo work together? That's like a homeless person wearing an Armani Suit or something. :P

Edited by King_Salamon

I'll grab a black system, and hopefully a green remote as a second controller. Hopefully, there will be more than the 2 colors available for the controllers at launch, but I do have my doubts.

@AtariJr - since when does ultra sexy and living in the ghettooooo work together? That's like a homeless person wearing an Armani Suit or something. :P

i dont actually live in the ghetto, and armani rocks my world. ;) and there are many a device i think is way better looking than many women i have to set my eyes on in stores like Walmart. If you ever ask who buys the value pack of Cheese Poofs look at any woman in there that is 30 or over...lol

i dont actually live in the ghetto, and armani rocks my world. ;) and there are many a device i think is way better looking than many women i have to set my eyes on in stores like Walmart. If you ever ask who buys the value pack of Cheese Poofs look at any woman in there that is 30 or over...lol

Walmart is not the social hotbed so that goes without saying!

Speaking of the Ghettooooo... I walked into work this morning to find our floor had it's carpet and wall coverings ripped off. (Renovations are fun eh?) I was greeted by a bright yellow floor and blisteringly bright white walls! LOL! Topped off with a ghetto feel with the ugliness of it all. As I walked from the elevator to the office doors I sang a little song of Cartman's "in the ghetooo". LOL!

Last I heard, Nintendo released the photos of the different colors to get a feel for what would do well in the market. They haven't yet committed to any particular color or set of colors. If this rumor is true, then Nintendo is probably planning on releasing other colors much later. Perhaps after they've had a chance to pander to the Japanese market.

I think they're trying to avoid the mistake they made with the Gamecube. While some people loved it, the pur... sorry, INDIGO, didn't go over very well with the US market. It made the unit feel too much like a kid's toy. Silver would have been a much more appropriate color to use in their advertising and intial release campaigns. Most consumers who don't like the pur... err... Indigo, would probably not have minded the availability of the color, as long as it wasn't used as the face of the new system. Sort of how the gameboy moved to fancy colors after it was well established. Translucent purple was cool (I still have one!), but it would have looked weird early on.

You won't see half of those colors. I gaurantee it. White and Black will be at launch...at least white. Later special colors will be released (moreso in Japan, America will get some way down the road) most likely for specific games, probably none of the colors we've seen either.

You won't see half of those colors. I gaurantee it. White and Black will be at launch...at least white. Later special colors will be released (moreso in Japan, America will get some way down the road) most likely for specific games, probably none of the colors we've seen either.

For the system, I agree... but what about the Wiimotes themselves? I can see Nintendo wanting everyone in the household to have their own color. Perhaps not at launch but sometime in 2007 I figure.

Really though... does it matter? I'll take White or Black for the console. Just give me this new gameplay experience and I'll be happy. (Zelda, Metroid, Wii Sports, Rayman... all at launch. Wow)

For the system, I agree... but what about the Wiimotes themselves? I can see Nintendo wanting everyone in the household to have their own color. Perhaps not at launch but sometime in 2007 I figure.

Really though... does it matter? I'll take White or Black for the console. Just give me this new gameplay experience and I'll be happy. (Zelda, Metroid, Wii Sports, Rayman... all at launch. Wow)

actually you raise a good point. Remember the N64? It had a boat load of controller colors at launch , but kept the system the same color until way down the road. So yea, I think with nintendo it is possible for some Wiimote options in the color dept. I just hope they tell us what all their plans are soon so i dont have to decide on everything (system color, mote coloe, games... etc) like 2 weeks before release... I mean in one respect, im glad they dont release the info or Sony will copy (like their controller) , but in the same respect , the "hush hush hope you have a heartattach in the meantime" game that nintendo plays before systems are revieled is a bit much for me sometimes.. its like just tell me what im buying, for how much, in what color, and when.. thank you.

Edited by AtariJr

actually you raise a good point. Remember the N64? It had a boat load of controller colors at launch , but kept the system the same color until way down the road. So yea, I think with nintendo it is possible for some Wiimote options in the color dept. I just hope they tell us what all their plans are soon so i dont have to decide on everything (system color, mote coloe, games... etc) like 2 weeks before release... I mean in one respect, im glad they dont release the info or Sony will copy (like their controller) , but in the same respect , the "hush hush hope you have a heartattach in the meantime" game that nintendo plays before systems are revieled is a bit much for me sometimes.. its like just tell me what im buying, for how much, in what color, and when.. thank you.

Nintendo is in for the fight of their life... they need to keep every advantage they can and by holding out on giving information is what they need to do. I know it sucks but perhaps this information will be worth waiting for? :)

The multi colors would be nice to see. 2 weeks before release is a tad on the short side but I think we will have more than two weeks. If the info is released in September and October will be marketing blitz time with November being launch, then we will have over a month to pick out the goods.

I think Nintendo's price point will follow suit with the console's name. Wii... $229 or $199. I would go with one of those as they feature a single number and two repeating numbers. Only reason I can see this is that they've really built up the hype on only the price alone (and release fate) that I can see them revealing the price with a display of the word Wii and then it flips or morphs into the price. (Crazy enough but after watching that Wii commercial they have planned for Japan - if it was a real commercial! - this is in their realm of possibilities.)