IGNORED

Texas Chainsaw Massacre proto?

Mr. Postman

Good to know:

The alternate TCM proto is in the hands of an Atari collector (he bought it off eBay). The ROM has been dumped, so it won't be lost. The owner - who wants to remain anonymous (so he won't get harrassed; no, it's not me) - was planning on releasing it in some nice way (with a label and manual, perhaps a box), but real life got in the way. Maybe he'll get to it later. So, it's safe, there's no need to despair that it will be lost for ever :)

Cheers,

Marco

Incredible, the stories of an alternate version were true afterall. I am glad to hear that the sensibel precaution of dumping it was taken. Is there any chance that Tempest can take a look at it? ;)

• 5 months later...

Good to know:

The alternate TCM proto is in the hands of an Atari collector (he bought it off eBay). The ROM has been dumped, so it won't be lost. The owner - who wants to remain anonymous (so he won't get harrassed; no, it's not me) - was planning on releasing it in some nice way (with a label and manual, perhaps a box), but real life got in the way. Maybe he'll get to it later. So, it's safe, there's no need to despair that it will be lost for ever :)

Cheers,

Marco

Incredible, the stories of an alternate version were true afterall. I am glad to hear that the sensibel precaution of dumping it was taken. Is there any chance that Tempest can take a look at it? ;)

With the possibiltiy of the ATARI FLASHBACK 2 PORTABLE being released this would be a great time to set this rom free so everyone can play it on the ATARI FLASHBACK 2 PORTABLE'S when they are available. Maybe the anonymous collector would consider that?????

With the possibiltiy of the ATARI FLASHBACK 2 PORTABLE being released this would be a great time to set this rom free so everyone can play it on the ATARI FLASHBACK 2 PORTABLE'S when they are available. Maybe the anonymous collector would consider that?????

TCM on a family product? Not gonna happen, the soccer mom's won't buy into it if it was on the FB2p.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

TCM on a family product? Not gonna happen, the soccer mom's won't buy into it if it was on the FB2p.

I hate the PC world we live in!!! Didn't an earlier post by Curt say we would be able to put our own ROMS onto the FB2 Portable? If thats the case maybe this person could sell the ROM online although it wouldn't take long before it was posted everywhere for free. Just like everyone else in the ATARI world I just want to play this game, heck I would be willing to provide a no hack guarantee :D

• 3 months later...
Hello Tempest,

I just found this thread, to find out more about Wizard Games you should try to contact Charles Band:

http://www.charlesband.com/blog/

He does shows all thime time and he may be able to tell you about the Alternate Texas Chainsaw Game. Recently a friend of mine talked to him about Halloween and Texas Chainsaw and he said he thought the games were in the public domain, basically he has no interest in them anymore but you never know he may be willing to give you his side of the story on the alternate versions and Flesh Gordon. Also I understand if you can't do a dump of the cart but maybe someday you can make some better screen shots to post on your site or on the board I would like to see the Leatherface character upclose. I hope to make it to the VGXPO, see you there.

Thanks Tim

I messaged Charles Band (former head of Wizard Video) about this, but he never bothered to respond. :roll: So much for that...

He musta been REALLY busy doing.......ummmm....ummmm.....

My thoughts exactly...

Actually, I'm sure he is reasonably busy, but not so much that he can't answer some simple questions. I just hate when I contact former Atari/Atari-related people about something and they can't be bothered to message/call me back. Like they're so busy! :roll: Interestingly enough, in my experience, some of the "busiest" people have responded to my inquiries.