IGNORED

New Extensive Wii Footage, Wii Sports Airplane, Elebits

AtariJr

click on the newest one:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/824/824989/vids_1.html

click on the newest one:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826991/vids_1.html

You can move anything and everything it seems in elebits, including other people's homes in the neighborhood.. looks fun.

Looks like Airplane on Wii Sports is much nicer than I thought, and looks to be pretty good in the control dept especially since i couldnt be that precise going under things like those bridges or going in the rings with pilot wings 64, and that had an anolog stick.

oh what the hell:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/824/824659/vids_1.html

i never thought id say this... but the rampage level in Sponge Bob looks kinda fun. I dont think id have the balls to go to EB and buy it though ;)

Edited by AtariJr

Elebits looks interesting and for some reason I think Katamari when I see that clip. (Possibly the simple look to it... I know they are different games and all) Looks like it is a fun game too. I may have to wait for this one as there are other titles I simply want more.

The Airplane on Wii Sports looks like alot of fun. If they include that with the Tennis, Golf and Baseball package, that would be amazing! On the other hand... I think this Airplane title could be sold by itself, if they manage to spend some time with it and give it a Pilotwings overhaul.

As for good ol' Spongebob... I may actually buy this one. I've never purchased a Spongebob game before (but I have played a few of them via demos or at a friend's house) but the idea of being a gigantic Plankton rampaging around has my interest. I would not have any issue walking into EB and buying this game. :)

Yea actually, even the 2 nintendo editors at IGN were saying not to pass up on Sponge bob just becuase its a "kiddy" game. Like they said in their podcast, launch time for Wii is when developers are competing over each other to make that staple set control that will be used in all genres becuase it works so well (like Excitetruck vs Monster 4X4 for driving). And considering Sponge Bob has first person shooter levels, rampage levels, driving levels, and more and more... they are trying to conquer a lot of ground that most games would not take on all at once in order to become the industry standard. I think with all that content I might be able to try to ignore that dreadfully annoying sponge and sink my teeth into a game that uses the controller in so many ways. I think THQ and Ubisoft should be commended on thier efforts thus far for the Wii, and I think it will pay off for them.