IGNORED

My dream

Atari-Jess

NOO! Don't work for 'new atari'. We've got to face the fact that what we loved has died, and you wouldn't want to be associated with the proud name of Atari getting further dragged through the mire, would you?

The world has changed, what once was cherished and beautiful has now become 'Star Wars- episode 1' shudder

I suppose those who like Episode I are simply overlooking the midi-chlorians (who cares if I spelled it right?), the horrible acting attempt by the kid, the bad japanese accents on the Nimodians, Jar Jar Binks, the very distracting announcer during the Podrace, the list goes on.

Granted the race itself was really cool and the lightsaber stuff was priceless. But the rest?

Anyway, that's my beef, and totally off topic.

I'd rather see a third party type Atari development company than the farce at Infogames. So why don't you, Atari-Jess, start your own development co?

Strike out on your own, Stan

What would this company of yours produce? Designing and producing consoles is an incredibly dificult buisness, especially when you have to compete with the power of modern machines. Would you simply write games for the new consoles? What would be the link to Atari? You could I suppose try to improve the jaguar design, add more memory, speed up the chips, and start making new games for that. I believe I've seen files documenting the inside of the custom chips btw. It would be a great idea to re-create Atari, especially if you could get some of the old employees, and of course YaK, get him onboard and any project will be a huge hit.

Incase you cant guess, I've spent too much time having the same dream lol, I think everyone here has thought about it, havnt you?

p.s. How about the idea of making very small versions of the truely classic Atari games? Ones that the general public will go "oooh" when they see, put them on handheld games, or even built into t-shirts or hats (this may sound crazy but wouldnt it be cool to have PacMan in attract mode on your shirt? and the technology allready exists, its just a case of using it.)

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Tyrant ]

Yeah, the whole homegrown industry is what keeps the spirit alive. I love the fact that people are still putting in the effort to make new games for old systems. Just because only a tiny cross section of gamers will experience these, that doesn't matter a jot. Hell, just because Back Street Boys sell X-million copies, we still know it aint music!