IGNORED

Atari on Game Boy Advance

can't help but think they're gonna bomb.

I love these games, but I wouldn't spend $30 to have them on a console that can do(and should be doing) so much more.

I think even releasing rehashed Super mario 2 on GBA was a lame idea.

People interested in this stuff (well,interested enough to part with that amount of cash) will prob. already have ataris or at least emulators.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: liveinabin ]

I agree that releasing it with only 6 games is not as much fun as if they released it with 12 games. They are creating shovelware where you take a program that was released in one medium and transferring it to another. And $30? come on. Anyone who would be interested in these games would have purchased them a long time ago. $15 would have been a better price.

Too much greed on the part of Infogrames if you ask me.

Well, for Asteroids, it depends on how they do it. on the old game boy, it has a white background with black lines, although im pretty sure you could switch it. No wait, that was defender. Yeah, Asteroids had a white background. If they do it on GBA They could to the same thing, you make the lines a bit thicker.

why not just play the games on the system they were designed to run on? You might as well be using an emulator as playing these titles. Same goes for modern stuff - Crazy Taxi just doesn't look right on PS2!

Imagine Mario on master system!!

quote:

Originally posted by ubersaurus:

Crazy Taxi on arcade board? What?

Not quite sure what part you didn't get, but let's see if I can clear it up for you.

The discussion had progressed to where liveinabin said he thought games should be played only on their original system(s). He used the lack of quality in the Crazy Taxi PS2 port as an example. I tried to point out that the Atari games being made for the Game Boy Advance are the arcade versions, not the 2600 versions (as I suspect some people thought). I was trying clear that up in a humorous way by pointing out that the original systems in this case would be arcade cabinets.

And as for Crazy Taxi, yes, it too was originally an arcade game.

Hehe. Perhaps I should explain what I was on about.

Yeah, you're dead right, they were arcade ports - but they were put on the Atari as if the were atari programs - ie. using that systems attributes as well as the programmers could. I think the GBA is a little more capable than the games we're going to get here.