IGNORED

Hurdles - WIP

atari2600land

This topic was formerly a question on how to make the player stop jumping after the fire button has been pressed, but then, I thought, this game doesn't need it, so to heck with it. Now, I present Hurdles, a game in which you jump over...hurdles. You get three lives and if you run into a hurdle, you lose one and the life meter goes down. You get a point every time you jump over a hurdle. After 10 hurdles, the speed goes faster, and after 20 points, the speed goes even faster and stays that way until you get bored with the game. This game probably still has a whole bunch of bugs, so if you find any, I'd appreciate it if you told me. I'll probably add a title screen in the next version.

hurdles1.bas.bin

Edited by atari2600land

I like the game so far. It got me thinking about a running and hopping game that might be of interest to you. What if you were fleeing a hot river of lava and having to jump over obstacles as you try to get away? You could use the playfield pixels for lava, with the various colors for the flames, and then perhaps several different obstacles to leap over. Just a thought.