IGNORED

Activision label variant listings

KaineMaxwell

I'm working on an Activision 2600 collection and I have some of the blue labels, and one of the white label re-issues. Now for my collection Excel sheet I use the DP listings. I'm just looking for suggestions on how to list the label variants in my spreadsheet- under the same rating, use AA's ratings, etc.

Edited by KaineMaxwell

I'm working on an Activision 2600 collection and I have some of the blue labels, and one of the white label re-issues. Now for my collection Excel sheet I use the DP listings. I'm just looking for suggestions on how to list the label variants in my spreadsheet- under the same rating, use AA's ratings, etc.

Very good question. Activision has a lot of carts, and a lot of variations. I would suggest listing them by title according to Atarimania's database and then adding in rarities only for the common labels with AA or DP rankings. Use the 2600 PAL Cart Database for all the PAL rarities, and all the rest leave undefined as that's what they really are.

Edited by Omegamatrix

Very good question. Activision has a lot of carts, and a lot of variations. I would suggest listing them by title according to Atarimania's database and then adding in rarities only for the common labels with AA or DP rankings. Use the 2600 PAL Cart Database for all the PAL rarities, and all the rest leave undefined as that's what they really are.

What I decided to do was any of the I-Magic carts re-released by Activision that have 2 entries at DP, I did the same inmy listings. I may just use the same rarity listings for the blue/white labels I have when I have the blue variant along with the orginial cart...maybe...

Does an upside down blue label count as a label variation?

enduroupsidedownnh7.jpg

Are there a lot of these out there?

-phitter

I would say the blue labels are just a little more rare. I think sking blue label is the hardest activision game to find. As for the upside down label, I have one like that just for fun but I dont even list it as a variation since it was just some new worker or stoned worker that did not read the corret way to install the sticker. I would not place any more value on it since if you wanted you might be able to remove any label and turn it around.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is relevant to anyone , but I thought I'd post it ,

I got one of the white label PAL Pitfalls from ebay - and I was a bit suprised

that instead of the solid Activision cart , it's screwless and made of a weird sort of soft plastic

(as opposed to the normal brittle plastic). .Its hinged at the top of the cart so no label there , and inside

the game seems to be on a single chip.

IMG_0210.jpgIMG_0213.jpg

theres an activision logo on the back as well

IMG_0214.jpg

Again no idea if this is common to you guys , but figured It couldnt hurt to post it

Edited by dr_bob