IGNORED

Any 3DO fans?

How many of you are 3DO fans? That is, own one and like it, anyway. Guess I'm just asking because I've started playing mine again lately, I generally go in cycles with all my systems as well as periods of not feeling like playing anything, but I'm headed into a 3DO cycle right now...

My favorites are;

StarFighter

SpaceHulk

Need for Speed

Super Wing Commander

Battlesport

Po'ed

Road Rash

DeathKeep

etc.

I love my 3DO system, and my 65 games/learning junk

my fav's are:

Dragon Lore

FIFA soccer

GEX

HELL: A Cyberpunk Thriller

Return Fire/Maps'O Death

Road Rash

Shockwave 1 & 2

Star Control 2

Super wing commander

Wing commander 3

Total eclipse

Twisted the game show (for up to 4 players)

Wicked 18 golf

i have the Goldstar system and the FZ-10 deck

i had the chance to get the FZ-1 deck but i didnt want to pay $70 for it when i got the FZ-10 deck brand new from media play for $38

There are 4 games you have listed that i dont have, can you tell me what DeathKeep & Battlesport is like?

StarFighter

SpaceHulk ( i have this on the saturn)

Battlesport

DeathKeep

and the one i really want is hard to find (unless its on Ebay, but i dont use ebay)

its Captain Quazar

i have the demo for this game and i would really love the full version

HERE IS THE LIST OF GAMES I HAVE:

*= Complete

3 Sample/Demo CD's *

20th Century Video Almanac *

3DO Club -Station Invasion *

Alone in the Dark *

Blond Justice (NC17) *

Ballz *

Battle Chess *

Brain Dead 13 *

Burning Soilder *

Casper *

Cyberia *

Crash -N- Burn

Crime Patrol

Dennis Miller -thats news to me *

Dragons Lair

Dragon Lore (3 CD's)

Daedalus Encounter (4 CD's - W/ Tia Carrere) *

FIFA Soccer *

Foe's of Ali *

Family Feud

Gex *

Guardian War *

Hell a Cyberpunk Thriller (Dennis Hopper) *

Incredible Machine *

Iron Angel of the Apocalpse *

Kindom : The Far Reaches *

Last Bounty Hunter *

Learning Cube : Slopestyle *

Microcosm *

Mad Dog McCree

Mad Dog 2 *

Night Trap (2 CD's w/ Dana Plato) *

Out of this World *

Psychic Detective (4 CD's) *

PGA Tour Golf '96

PO'ed *

Plumber's Dont Wear Tie's(NC17) *

Pebble Beach Golf *

Quarentine

Road Rash *

Real Pinball *

Return Fire *

Return Fire : Maps 'O Death *

Sex (NC17) *

Shockwave--invasion earth

Shockwave 2 *

Slayer-Advanced D&D (2nd Edition)

Supermodels Go Wild (NC17)

Super Street Fighter 2

Space Pirates *

Super Wing Commander *

Star Control 2 (X 2 -- 1 dont work) *

Soccer Kid *

Star Blade *

Stellar 7 : Draxon's Revenge *

The Life stage : Virtual House *

Twisted : The Game Show *

Total Eclipse

Wicked 18 Golf *

Wing Commander 3 (w/ Malcom Mcdowel) *

Way of the Warrior *

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

I also hae most of the games you listed there, about 40 or so at last count I believe. SpaceHulk on the 3DO is much better than the Saturn version.I bought it (Saturn version) when I lost my 3DO version, and couldn't find another. Boy, was I disappointed in the graphics and movement compared to the 3DO version. I had to find the 3DO version again. Battlesport is a hovercraft battle/soccer game. Ever play Ballblazer? Picture that, with weapons and power-ups. Great game. Deathkeep is a Dungeons&Dragons RPG and is also very good. First person style. Starfighter also rocks! A must have 3DO flight/space combat game. If you don't have these your really missing out...

I'm also looking for Captain Quazar. I have the demo version and it is a riot! I'd love to play it co-op on the full version!

I really want Dragon Lore too, that looks like it would be good.

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

Yeah i heard about the Space hulk being better on the 3DO then the saturn, but i couldnt find the 3DO version anywhere so i got the saturn one for $2 to see if i would like the type of game play.

i like PO'ed as well i was laughing when i first put it in and i was holding a frying pan and smacking the aliens around

Dragon lore is a really nice thinking RPG and im still not done with it yet im somewhere on the 2nd CD still

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

Yeah i heard about the Space hulk being better on the 3DO then the saturn, but i couldnt find the 3DO version anywhere so i got the saturn one for $2 to see if i would like the type of game play.

i like PO'ed as well i was laughing when i first put it in and i was holding a frying pan and smacking the aliens around

Dragon lore is a really nice thinking RPG and im still not done with it yet im somewhere on the 2nd CD still

I love the rocket launcher in Po'ed, the guided one...Dragon Lore sounds very cool, how are battles handled? real time, turn based, a combintation? Are the graphics 3d sprites or polygons? Is is free roaming or on a restricted path like cyberia or similiar?

Well its been about a year since ive actually played Dragon lore, i dont remember any real battles, the only part i really remember is there was a monster/dog creature blocking my path and i had to give him something so he would move out of the way so i could pass, but if you killed him you had to go back from the last save and try again

oh yeah there are fights as i remember when you killed something there might be a piece on it that might help you get pasted a future part of the game but i dont remember a turn based fighting scheme

as for graghics i think it 3d sprites but dont quote me on that

the game is for the most part free roaming around certain areas like a cabin or a stone monument (you have to look/pick up stuff) but the trails are pretty much straight forward, but if you see something off to the side on a trail 9 times out of 10 there is a way to get to it to look around for clues

Hey I have 3DO with about 30 games. The one thing that I hate about Dragons Lair is that its hard as hell!!! Is there some sort of setting that makes it so you dont have to be so precise in when the moves are performed? I remember that some arcade versions of the game were easier than others....As long as you knew which direction to go next you could keep pressing that direction until the move kicked in as opposed to just dying. I know the moves...But damn I just keep dying over and over in the 3D0 version. At the very least is there some code to just watch the whole game like the DVD version???

Here these might help make the game more tollerable

Unlimited lives:

Press Up, Down, Left, Right, Up, Down, Left, Right, P at the title screen.

View FMV sequences::

Start a game and allow Dirk to lose all five lives. Press Right(2), Left(2), Down(2), Up(2), P at the continue screen. The game will restart and show all losing and winning scenes.

I've had a 3DO for a while. For the most part, I don't like it much at all but I have kept it for two games:

The Incredible Machine

Lost Eden

Lost Eden is one of the most incredible story-telling "games" that I've ever played, and it alone has caused me to keep my 3DO probably forever.

It is indeed a fine little (err heavy) system

about 80% of my games came from Babbages/Electronic Boutique when they had them for $2 to $15, they also had times where you could buy 1 get 1 free or buy 2 get 1 free, and thats how i got most of my collection

quote:

Originally posted by Lemmi:

It is indeed a fine little (err heavy) system

about 80% of my games came from Babbages/Electronic Boutique when they had them for $2 to $15, they also had times where you could buy 1 get 1 free or buy 2 get 1 free, and thats how i got most of my collection

Great deal, considering a lot of fine games were available for the (heavy) system. I'm not sure, but I think Game Xchange has them around here for between $5 and $15 or so. I haven't looked too closely because I don't own a 3DO.

quote:

Originally posted by HawgWyld:

Oh, and "Road Rash" is fantastic on damn near any platform. As I recall, the first "Road Rash" for PS1 is almost identical to the 3DO one, and that particular title happens to be my favorite.

i totally agree, there nothing better then flying down a road with the roar of the bike and Soundgarden playing in the background

and the CD makes it so much better

I liked StarFighter for the Sega Saturn. I believe it was a direct port from the 3D0 game.

I also happen to like the redesigned 3D0 console model from Panasonic (the cool looking one with the flip up CD well). That remains as one of the coolest looking consoles even to this day.

The first generation Panasonic FZ-1 model looked rather strange...

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

I liked StarFighter for the Sega Saturn. I believe it was a direct port from the 3D0 game.

I also happen to like the redesigned 3D0 console model from Panasonic (the cool looking one with the flip up CD well). That remains as one of the coolest looking consoles even to this day.

The first generation Panasonic FZ-1 model looked rather strange...

I liked the FZ-1 model for it's stackibility with other components, or put another flip-top system like the Jag/cd on top of it. But I sold my original when I needed money in college, and then later bought the Goldstar model which was a total piece of cr*p, it never wanted to load anything, skipped, and then the sliding door mechanism broke and I had to attach a "handle" to pull it open. then it just got worse and worse in reading disks until I finally smashed it on the ground, through it away, and promptly went out and bought the Panasonic FZ-10 model(because that's what I found, other than Goldstar's I wasn't about to buy). I've never had a problem with the FZ-10 of any kind for 5 years now and I bought it used. I bought the Goldstar new. The FZ-1 I originally had was also use and I never had a problem with it.

I prefer Starfighter, Battlesport, roadrash, Spacehulk and others on the 3DO over the Saturn versions because of the 640x480 interlaced graphics the 3DO displayed. Jaguar, Saturn and PSX all displayed non-interlaced 320x224 (about) resolution most of the time. So the 3DO versions look a lot sharper. Although Spacehulk sucks on anything but the 3DO regardless.

quote:

Originally posted by GOAT Dan:

I've had a 3DO for a while. For the most part, I don't like it much at all but I have kept it for two games:

The Incredible Machine

Lost Eden

Lost Eden is one of the most incredible story-telling "games" that I've ever played, and it alone has caused me to keep my 3DO probably forever.

The Incredible machine is one I've not had the pleasure of trying. I used to own Lost Eden, it was good. I traded it for Crash&Burn and StarWars:Rebel Assualt.

I originally hated anything having to do with the 3DO, just because it was the Jaguar's rival and I love the Jag (and Atari). but after they both went under anyway, I noticed that the 3DO had a lot of titles on it that were supposed to come out on the Jaguar, and never did. So I got the 3DO to fill in the gaps in my Jag library. I think it's a fantastic system, although I still prefer the Jaguar. You should try some of the games I mentioned above if you haven't.

To be honest, I had an FZ-10 with about 20 games for a while, and sold it after only a few months.

I can't really put my finger on it, but for some reason the games for the 3DO just didn't capture my attention like my Jaguar does.

• 1 month later...

I've been interested in the 3DO and have only seen it pop up around here a few times over the past 4 years or so.

I remember back in '95 when they were having those game blowouts for like $5 for each game, but I was stuck again into the Jaguar too much to really care/pay attention.

Now I'm on the search for one, think I'll get a FZ-1 or FZ-10 by the sounds of it. Goldstar has always been crap so I believe it!

Anyone know where I can still get games online boxed and complete without hounding eBay?

Thanks,

Clint

Domlition Man on 3DO any good?

Good Deal Games has some but not much to choose from

http://www.gooddealgames.com/ForSale.html

And Collectors cards and games, but they seem to run out and their website isnt updated often

http://www.collectorscardsandgames.com/games.htm

I would try looking for games you might like and do a 3DO search on Ebay, there are many games that are brand new that no one bids on for as low as $4.99 so just snipe the ones you want at the last minute

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?M...&ht=1&combine=y

I have a few 3Do items on the trade block

2 3DO M2 prototype units

1 mock up 3DO panasonic FMV addon prototype

1 FZ-1 debugging unit with E3 stickers and E3 version of Captain Quazar blue disk prototype

1 FZ-10 debugging unit and a cople other prototype games.

Some of these items are pricy but they are all up for grabs

Adam