IGNORED

Kangaroo

yuppicide

Someone should make a new port of Kangaroo if possible. The one on the 2600 is making me mad.

Sometimes I have to time my jumps 1 to 1.5 seconds before the jump to make it, sometimes it doesn't even jump at all. I just played the arcade version and it's not that bad.

The monkey punching level needs to be introduced as well. Same with Level 4.

Edited by yuppicide

It does take some getting used to I admit. My only problem with the game is I think it needs some tree branches added in that first and second level. The second level looks horrible without them. I've practiced this game awaile so I've gotten used to the jumping. Also, I agree that monkey punching level with the baby in the cage at the top, needs to be added. I'm sure it could have been added and looked decent too. Had Kangaroo had this missing level and a few tree branches added, I think it would have been one of the better games for the system. The 5200 version is great. I play that one alot more. Sure wish a 7800 version would be made.

Problem is I've never seen a good 5200 emulator. Nor can I find a good C64 emulator either. Can't seem to get the controls working in the C64 emulator.

How do they expect you to get all those fruit?! I think on lvl 1 you get 3 fruit, ring bell, get 3 more, ring bell, get 3 more, then get one final fruit. I can do it if I die once.

Problem is I've never seen a good 5200 emulator. Nor can I find a good C64 emulator either. Can't seem to get the controls working in the C64 emulator.

How do they expect you to get all those fruit?! I think on lvl 1 you get 3 fruit, ring bell, get 3 more, ring bell, get 3 more, then get one final fruit. I can do it if I die once.

I don't think it's possible to get all the fruit without dying once either. Best bet to get the most points would be to skip that bottom one once or twice. It would be so nice to see a 2600 Kangaroo Arcade version or a 7800 one though

• 4 weeks later...

I wish there was a 7800 version! Kangaroo rules! :D

Forget the 7800! We need a ColecoVision version! ;) :D

Man, I am a huge fan of Kangaroo! I bought my 2600 just to play it, not kidding! I used to spend hours playing and watching people play it in arcades... Ah, memories....

Great mockup, though I believe the bushes and branches would look a bit more colorful. I made a few changes, here is it...

Eduardo

post-1432-1159882536_thumb.jpg

Man, I am a huge fan of Kangaroo! I bought my 2600 just to play it, not kidding! I used to spend hours playing and watching people play it in arcades... Ah, memories....

Yep, it's one of those games that sticks into your mind, even though it never really reaches actual cult status. I felt the same way about Crystal Castles. In fact, I had started work on a CV mockup of Crystal Castles some time ago, but I never finished it. Now that I know it's possible to read data from the CV VRAM, perhaps I'll complete it later...

Great mockup, though I believe the bushes and branches would look a bit more colorful. I made a few changes, here is it...

Hmmm.... Not sure about those color choices... The arcade version uses a dark shade of brown for the branches, which prompted me to use the darkest shade of red in my mockup, but I guess it doesn't look that bad with medium red. Using dark red for the branches does bring out the color of the strawberries though...

Also, I originally used light red and magenta for the monkeys like you did, but that makes them blend in too much with the tree trunks on the right side of the screen (this is even more of a problem when you use medium red for the branches). Using dark yellow and dark blue makes a better contrast and makes the monkeys more visible, IMHO.