IGNORED

Rip Off - 2600

johnnywc

Well, somehow I missed this WIP a decade ago.  I am assuming that its inclusion in John's signature means that work on it might pick up again?  Fantastic game and one of my favorites in the arcade of my youth.  Looking forward to hearing some more about this in the months to come!  :)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 7:00 PM, SS said:

Well, somehow I missed this WIP a decade ago.  I am assuming that its inclusion in John's signature means that work on it might pick up again?  Fantastic game and one of my favorites in the arcade of my youth.  Looking forward to hearing some more about this in the months to come!  :)

I also somehow missed this WIP.  I love Rip Off.  Its one of my all time favorite Vectrex games! I look forward to seeing this completed someday!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We'll be featuring this early WIP of Rip Off LIVE on today's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

We'll be featuring this early WIP of Rip Off LIVE on today's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Hi James,

Wow - this is a surprise! ? I wish the game was a bit more playable than it's current state - it's basically just a POC - but thanks for featuring it on ZPH! :)  Maybe this will inspire me to finish the game someday.. I plan on continuing this one in 100% assembly (give the ol' ARM a rest. ;) ).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johnnywc said:

Hi James,

Wow - this is a surprise! ? I wish the game was a bit more playable than it's current state - it's basically just a POC - but thanks for featuring it on ZPH! :)  Maybe this will inspire me to finish the game someday.. I plan on continuing this one in 100% assembly (give the ol' ARM a rest. ;) ).

Hi John!  No worries about it not being fully playable, I wanted to show it off to people that may not have seen it before and give a bit of history of the Rip Off arcade and other ports of the game.  That's very exciting that you'll be doing this one fully in assembly and letting the ARM chip cool down for a few minutes, hahah!

- James

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, SS said:

Yes, I do plan on finishing this game up someday!  I have about 10 other WIPs that I'm currently bouncing to and from but it will be nice to focus on an assembly-only game to get 'back to my roots' (much like I did with Avalanche) ;) 

On 12/17/2019 at 4:38 PM, adamchevy said:

I also somehow missed this WIP.  I love Rip Off.  Its one of my all time favorite Vectrex games! I look forward to seeing this completed someday!

Same here!  I have fond memories of playing this for hours at a local fair in Connecticut with my brother Paul @PaulChamp and we make sure to play it on MAME any time we get together. :thumbsup:  

• Like 5

• 3 years later...