8.) Fishing derby

7.) Armor ambush

6.) Indy 500

5.) Combat

4.) Tennis

3.) Frogs and Flies

2.) Ice Hockey

1.) Warlords

Any thoughts and what would of been your top ten list on greatest multiplayer games on the 2600?

Edited by 8th lutz

Glad to see Fishing Derby and Frogs and Flies on the list. They're quite good playing solo, too.

Don't know if it's true with Fishing Derby, but I tend to think Frogs and Flies is often overlooked and doesn't get enough respect, or play.

Edited by Brian R.

i just think of any game that i could play with a significant other. especially after we have had a few drinks on a weekend night and nothing is on tv. let her win a few times, and who knows what will happen afterwards... dr. mario is good for nintendo if you don't want to hook up the old atari.

so yeah, frogs and flies especially (that is soooo much fun), and maybe warlords. fishing derby is good too. but what about dragster? 2 player at the same time games are awesome. they should have made more.

i still think frogs and flies is the best date game ever! it is so weird and both parties get equal play and the best player wins. it lets you you know who is more dominant and controlling (and who will be on top, if you know what i mean).

barrett

So what's been left out excluding homebrews?

Joust, Space Invaders, Mario Bros, all the sports games, Maze Craze, Freeway, Outlaw, Quick Step, Slot Racers, Space War, Sprintmaster, Wizard Of Wor

BTW Steeplechase and Party Games on the Supercharger are 4 player simultaneous. Video Olympics as well right?

Edited by godzillajoe

Yeah, this is a pretty good list, except I still think there are better multiplayer sports games than Ice Hockey. I also noticed that there aren't very many paddle games on there. Where's Circus Atari? Of course there are so many mulitplayer games for the system. I'm sure everyone's lists would be a little different.

There are also the multi-event games from Epyx for the 2600. All three of them can played with up to 8 players. Not simultaneous (with some exceptions for a couple of events in Summer and Winter games), but very competitive. All three of those multi-event games are excellent.