IGNORED

Pink Panther 2600 Prototype On Ebay

Shawn

I guess what I was trying to say was that I think I hold the record for paying the most for a single Atari 2600 cart (ebay) and it was not $3,500.

Well Video Life has sold for 4k at least once.

Do you consider the PPG-1 a cart?

I don't know what you paid for your complete Eli's Ladder but suspect that may be where you win the prize. If so I wouldn't knock you for that. Its a rare find indeed.

One of these days I'll have to buy a loose cart and make mine complete again.

I guess what I was trying to say was that I think I hold the record for paying the most for a single Atari 2600 cart (ebay) and it was not $3,500.

Well Video Life has sold for 4k at least once.

Do you consider the PPG-1 a cart?

I don't know what you paid for your complete Eli's Ladder but suspect that may be where you win the prize. If so I wouldn't knock you for that. Its a rare find indeed.

One of these days I'll have to buy a loose cart and make mine complete again.

Shhhh, he doesn't know about the PGP-1. :ponder:

I thought your stickers weren't complete. :P

Well, as far as complete games, I have paid more..like Video Life and Eli's Ladder.

I did buy those privately though, not through e-bay.

You see, what also makes the Panther price suspect is the fact that it is a proto....you know and I know that proto prices have been going down.

A good example of that is the auction I just won today on those seven Activision protos ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=020 ), I won the auction for $455.00 for seven games, paying $65 for each. Now, a few years back, Activision protos were going for double that....in fact, in a recent auction, one Activision proto, which was in worse shape than any of the seven I won, went for double of what I paid.

Edited by Wonder007

You see, what also makes the Panther price suspect is the fact that it is a proto....you know and I know that proto prices have been going down.

One of a kind protos don't play by the same rules. Dumped released protos fall in value. Unreleased undumped have a mind of their own. The right game can sell for 5 figures. Maybe not an Atari title but its hard to say what people will pay for the one game they thought they would never have esp one that can turn a profit.

True to a certain degree....I know for a fact though that some one-of-a-kind protos have gone for a lot less than $3,500

Some games can go for five figures, but not an Atari 2600 game.

BTW, what the heck is a PGP-1???? Somebody help me!!! ;)

I'm with Wonder007 on this. I think $3.5k is WAY too much these days. The price of all loose carts ever one off protos is on the decline in a major way. Once this is dumped, the market value of the proto will fall considerably, so the buyer has to be able to make some cash off it and at $3,500 the chances of making up the lost ground is unlikely. Time will tell if we're right...

BTW Wonder007, if I remember correctly, I was the second highest bidder when that Activision auction came out about 6 months ago. I think it went for around $200, which is about $30 a cart. the seller never offered it to me when the original buyer reneged on the deal. I bet their happy now that they didn't :twisted:

Wow, the game looks pretty cool, I am drooling over that binder in particular, I wish he'd sell them as two separate auctions, but even still, now he wants $3,500 ??? Oooooooouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curt

It is back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PINK-PANTHER-4-ATARI-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

Someone told me that they were interested in this game. My message to you is that I think the price is too high but that is my opinion.

Wow, the game looks pretty cool, I am drooling over that binder in particular, I wish he'd sell them as two separate auctions, but even still, now he wants $3,500 ??? Oooooooouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI:

The guy selling pink panther says in his description:

"the binder is available for sale in a separate auction...it is shown here for reference purposes ONLY and is NOT included in this auction which is for the Pink Panther cartridge ONLY".

:ponder:

-h.

FYI:

"the binder is available for sale in a separate auction...it is shown here for reference purposes ONLY and is NOT included in this auction which is for the Pink Panther cartridge ONLY".

-h.

wow

So he pulled out the binder AND raised the price 2000

Wow, I need to get a PGP-1 unit. Anybody has one available?????

YA RIGHT!!!! :)

BTW, thanks Thomas for the information!! :) :) :)

This would look nice between my Imagic Previewer and Parker Bros Previewer.

I read somewhere that John Hardie owns one, or at least he did. Try to contact him. :cool:

Man I have always thought that would be THE centerpiece to an Answer section of a collection :)

Okay, that is completely insane and this guy is a total greedy prick...

Well, it doesn't matter, no one will bid and next week he'll have it at $2500, then maybe he'll come down to $1500 when he gains a small amount of sense. At a far more reasonable price I'd consider buying it and releasing it like I did with the universal proto and other's that I've gotten, just tight on play cash right now.

Curt

FYI:

-h.

wow

So he pulled out the binder AND raised the price 2000

OMG it just went up. Ready for this ...

US $4,750.00 :!:

Damm

:? Maybe the seller is doing this just to try to upset us. Who in their right mind is going to pay that much for a proto? :roll: Anybody on a lottery lately? :P

*Edit* Oops, after Wonder007 BIN'ed, I guess I may need to retract my comments... Nah! ;)

Edited by atwwong