IGNORED

It's (almost) official....Wii at $250

Sauron

I like the pack in title... at least when someone gets a system for Christmas (possibly only the system) they will have at least something to play Christmas morning. (Then they can go buy a game on Boxing Day or something)

I'm forced to agree. The pack-in title will show off the Wii's capabilities far more than an updated Mario or Zelda. If only they hadn't gimped it by shipping only one controller. :mad:

Canada is a big country, you know, and not everyone in Canada lives near the US border... :roll:

I wasn't referring to every single person that lives in Canada or was my post worded confusingly? In actuality I was responding to someone who claimed to be be 5 seconds away from the US. I just assumed he didn't have a teleporter that might be on the fritz when he posted that. We don't have those in the U.S. yet. :(

Canada is a big country, you know, and not everyone in Canada lives near the US border... :roll:

I wasn't referring to every single person that lives in Canada or was my post worded confusingly? In actuality I was responding to someone who claimed to be be 5 seconds away from the US. I just assumed he didn't have a teleporter that might be on the fritz when he posted that. We don't have those in the U.S. yet. :(

Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to be dismissive over the distance between the two countries. As I've already posted, I'm actually not that close to you guys. I'm not actually 5 seconds away.

My teleporter is working fine.

So, Twilight Princess' launch date is getting pushed back to December on the gamecube (later than on the Wii), even though that was the system it was originally designed for. I'm going to say something I haven't said with this much feeling since I was a Genesis fanboy: Fuck you Nintendo.

I'd rather them push the date back than release an unfinished game.

It's finished. It's finished for the Wii, which means it's very unlikely that it isn't ready for the system it was originally developed for. Once again, they can go fuck themselves.

So, Twilight Princess' launch date is getting pushed back to December on the gamecube (later than on the Wii), even though that was the system it was originally designed for. I'm going to say something I haven't said with this much feeling since I was a Genesis fanboy: Fuck you Nintendo.

It's finished. It's finished for the Wii, which means it's very unlikely that it isn't ready for the system it was originally developed for. Once again, they can go fuck themselves.

Just love the games........don't question them............love them

unconditionally :ponder:

The system itself has 512MB of internal storage for VC games and other downloads, which will hold quite a few NES & SNES games, but if you start downloading a bunch of N64 titles, that's not going to go very far. Purchasing an SD card seems inevitable, although I also remember that it was rumored to support USB storage, so I might get a chance to use that mini 4GB hard drive at some point (or just allocate a few GB to storage on my iPod, heh).

Fortunately, SD cards are dirt-cheap. I suppose they'll encrypt the downloadables to prevent people from sharing purchased games on the web?

Only 1 Wii-mote controller in the box? :thumbsdown: :mad:

The whole point of the Wii is to encourage multiplayer games, right? So why does the box ship with only one controller?

Kinda throws off the idea of the system name symbolizing multi-player fun. With the default single controller, it's just Wi.

If they allow you to use USB storage the console will be hacked so fast their heads will spin.

Thereby bringing the price of the "Virtual Console" games closer to their actual worth. Five bucks for an emulated NES game seems a little steep to me -- and I've been downloading XBLA games since the beginning, watching the message boards erupt with
FROGGER IS OLD AND GHEY AND SHOULD NOPT EVAN BE 4 SELL AND IF IT IS SHOULD BE LIKE 50CENT!!!1
Now that actual prices are out, Nintendo's press honeymoon is over, and all the people who have been supporting them will start bitching about all the little details that aren't quite right.

Gotta admit, I'm feeling that way now, too. The Wii has changed from "wait and see" to "I don't really want that right now ... but maybe when the Star Wars game comes out?" Regardless of what happens next, though -- the GBA and DS remain terrific and will likely continue to provide most of Nintendo's income.

By the way, to add to the "I don't understand why Microsoft jacked the price of the 360 in Canada" thing, if the Wii is sold here, like the PS3, at the actual conversion rate from U.S. dollars, it will be $280 Canadian. The core 360 here is $400. In Canada at least, the difference between the Wii and 360 should be as noticable as people thought it would be.

For comparison, as I really don't know - how does that compare to the prices of other consoles in the UK? I know that you folks frequently get messed with for pricing. How much are the 360 and PS3 over there?

Edit: Just looked it up:

PS2 current £94

Xbox360 Premium: £279

PS3 Premium: £599

I'd actually say that's not a horrible price point in terms of a comparison to other values. It's right around 2x the price of a PS2, which is pretty much the same as we have over here.

Edited by n8littlefield

That's really the problem though isn't it? The price is not a horrible price when put up against the 360 or ps3. But nothing in there makes it worth 250$ so nintendo is just seeing this as a chance to gouge and screw them for it.

in EuroLand the Wii will be 250€ which makes it 300$... that sucks... :(

That's really the problem though isn't it? The price is not a horrible price when put up against the 360 or ps3. But nothing in there makes it worth 250$ so nintendo is just seeing this as a chance to gouge and screw them for it.

in EuroLand the Wii will be 250€ which makes it 300$... that sucks... :(

Oh, that stings; almost as bad as microsoft charging an extra 100$ for the 360 with no real reason behind it in canada.

Yes, because 3 weeks is an AWFUL time period to wait after some 3 years.

I don't care that it'll be out later on Cube than Wii. If someone is spending the money to get the wii, then by all means, they can go nuts with Zelda. It's 3 fucking weeks, and I have plenty of games I could play in that interim period.

That said, I'm looking to get a Wii and zelda at launch anyway, because the system sounds so damn good :P

Yes, because 3 weeks is an AWFUL time period to wait after some 3 years.

I don't care that it'll be out later on Cube than Wii. If someone is spending the money to get the wii, then by all means, they can go nuts with Zelda. It's 3 fucking weeks, and I have plenty of games I could play in that interim period.

That said, I'm looking to get a Wii and zelda at launch anyway, because the system sounds so damn good :P

No, one year and three weeks is a long time to wait. I have a very hard time believing now that the last delay was actually for bug fixes. They announced that and then later announced that, "opps, turns out we're putting it on the Wii too". They then proceeded to set the launch date to "whenever we get around to getting the Wii out there." Now they've set the launch date to "fuck you gamecube owners, you should have bought three systems each, then maybe we'd be more willing to recognize that you exist". Why, if I didn't have my DS grafted to my left hand and my GBA micro melded into my right forearm, I'd never play a Nintendo game again.

No, one year and three weeks is a long time to wait. I have a very hard time believing now that the last delay was actually for bug fixes. They announced that and then later announced that, "opps, turns out we're putting it on the Wii too". They then proceeded to set the launch date to "whenever we get around to getting the Wii out there."

That is precisely what they did, the game was finished a year ago, all they've been doing since is adding Wii control schemes and polishing touches.

I don't care though, the Wii has a wee-bit more memory, so I'll take the slightly better looking textures any day.

i cant believe that people are complaining so much about the price and what it comes with. You get a game. You get a controller. Yes, its not 2 controllers. but common, a 360 costs way more than that, you have nothing to play out of box, you have no wireless so thats another 100 bucks, and you dont have any other controllers that any other system that comes out (1). And lets not even talk about the ps3.

I think its funny how people are never happy enough. ill be personally enjoying wii sports, zelda, excite truck, and red steel this christmas while you people gripe about one controller being in the box like everyother system out there.

Have at it, I'll be enjoying Zelda a month later on my current console instead of your $250 souped up Game Cube. :)

Excite Truck, Wii Sports, and Red Steel don't look appealing to me at all.

have fun with your joystick aiming in zelda and your lack of any other significant game coming out in the future. There is a reason why my cube hasnt powered on in a while while my xbox gets much gaming love...

You get a game.

A game you may or may tto care about but are still paying for anyway. That's what rubs my rubarb, I have NO desire at all to play wii sports the game looks like a freeware title. But I'm still paying an extra 30$ anyway, they could have at least done a none pack in model too.

Have at it, I'll be enjoying Zelda a month later on my current console instead of your $250 souped up Game Cube. :)

Excite Truck, Wii Sports, and Red Steel don't look appealing to me at all.

have fun with your joystick aiming in zelda and your lack of any other significant game coming out in the future. There is a reason why my cube hasnt powered on in a while while my xbox gets much gaming love...

Somebody hold me back!

I've barely begun to get all the enjoyment I can out of my Game Cube. I've yet to have the time to even begin Metroid Prime 1 and 2 for example, and I've barely started Super Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4, F-Zero, etc.

And I'll have fun with my joystick aiming, I loved the play mechanics of Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker.

You get a game.

A game you may or may tto care about but are still paying for anyway. That's what rubs my rubarb, I have NO desire at all to play wii sports the game looks like a freeware title. But I'm still paying an extra 30$ anyway, they could have at least done a none pack in model too.

it's coming out for roughly 250 US in Japan without Wii Sports. Clearly the game isn't making a difference in the pricing, dude.