IGNORED

GCN/Wii Zelda Twilight Princess vs GCN Spaceworld 2000 Zelda techdemo

airraid

when I saw the new gameplay screenshots of Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I was immediately reminded of the old Spaceworld 2000 demo from over 6 years ago, because of that big sword the knight is holding--it looks similar to the one Ganondorf had in the demo.

realtime demo Spaceworld 2000, 60 frames per second

gamecube_zelda4.jpg

gamecube_zelda2.jpg

Twilight Princess gameplay, ~30 frames per second

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082134302.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082131255.jpg

oh and also....

Soul Calibur II Gamecube prerendered CGI intro

soulc_80.jpg

Twilight Princess realtime cutscene

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082131989.jpg

I like the new close up of the Master Sword, it looks even cooler than the one in the SCII GCN intro :D

so...... what do you think ?

well anyway, I wish I didn't have to wait almost 3 months for the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess. it's almost as if Nintendo doesn't want to talk about it. I'll be getting both versions anyway, but I might get the Gamecube game first, then the Wii version. haven't made up my mind yet. in the mean time, what else is there to do ? oh yeah, finish playing TWW :o

I won't be buying the Wii version, because I won't be buying the Wii anytime soon. Nintendo decided a good little Gamecube fan like me could take another delay of release on Twilight Princess for the GC. I decided that Nintendo could take a delay of release on my money. It's not that they won't get my money, just that it's temporarily being funneled into other, Microsoft related, projects.

i just noticed how much Ganon's sword from Spaceworld looks like the Knight's from TP

BTW where did the ~30FPS for TP come from? i'm assuming that's the cube version then?

Edit: nevermind, the cube doesn't have widescreen anyway so those are Wii shots, my bad :P

Edited by Tan

I won't be buying the Wii version, because I won't be buying the Wii anytime soon. Nintendo decided a good little Gamecube fan like me could take another delay of release on Twilight Princess for the GC. I decided that Nintendo could take a delay of release on my money. It's not that they won't get my money, just that it's temporarily being funneled into other, Microsoft related, projects.

good attitude bro :D

although I will get both versions, I will get the GAMECUBE version first. you know, the system this new Zelda was originally made for :D

i just noticed how much Ganon's sword from Spaceworld looks like the Knight's from TP

BTW where did the ~30FPS for TP come from? i'm assuming that's the cube version then?

Edit: nevermind, the cube doesn't have widescreen anyway so those are Wii shots, my bad :P

AFAIK, both the Gamecube and Wii versions have the same graphics, running at the same framerate,

about 30 frames per second. Wii has 16:9 wide screen, that's the only difference.

it would be wonderful if the next Zelda game, the one specifically designed for Wii, runs at 60fps. that might even be necessary for more precise control.

Edited by airraid

I will be getting the gamecube version of Twilight Princess, however every time I think about this game I tingle with desire and get extremely pissed off at the same time.

I love Zelda games and want it to make my collection complete. It looks like an amazing game and I can't wait to play it.

But I am sick and tired of the delays! I've had this game pre-ordered for over a year! I remember getting a phone call from Game Stop in 2005 telling me that the game was delayed well into 2006, and every time I check the date it gets pushed back even further. Since I'm a Dragon Quest fan, I'm used this this (as jsut about every Dragon Quest game released in Japan gets delayed time and time again or never even makes it state side) but it's still frusterating as hell.

Maybe this is why the vast majority of people hate the game cube compared to the PS2 and the Xbox.

I will be getting the gamecube version of Twilight Princess, however every time I think about this game I tingle with desire and get extremely pissed off at the same time.

I love Zelda games and want it to make my collection complete. It looks like an amazing game and I can't wait to play it.

But I am sick and tired of the delays! I've had this game pre-ordered for over a year! I remember getting a phone call from Game Stop in 2005 telling me that the game was delayed well into 2006, and every time I check the date it gets pushed back even further. Since I'm a Dragon Quest fan, I'm used this this (as jsut about every Dragon Quest game released in Japan gets delayed time and time again or never even makes it state side) but it's still frusterating as hell.

Maybe this is why the vast majority of people hate the game cube compared to the PS2 and the Xbox.

I don't even mind the delays, just the fact that they only occured to get the Gamecube version onto the Wii, and then the Wii version gets released first.

Twilight Princess Cubed can't do widescreen? That sucks.

The 'Cube itself CAN do widescreen, though. I play FZero that way.

Twilight Princess Cubed can't do widescreen? That sucks.

The 'Cube itself CAN do widescreen, though. I play FZero that way.

GameCube can also do progressive scan, but i think they removed both options to set the wii version apart graphically, every vid or review of the Wii version by default will look better than the GameCube one, shameless advertising and promotion at the Cube owner's expense. :P

GameCube can also do progressive scan, but i think they removed both options to set the wii version apart graphically, every vid or review of the Wii version by default will look better than the GameCube one, shameless advertising and promotion at the Cube owner's expense. :P

I'm thinking that there will be rumours that every problem with the GC version is an intentional handicap put in by Nintendo to make the Wii look better. Well, there will be rumours like that if I have anything to say about it.

Edited by Atarifever