IGNORED

NES-Mike Tyson Punch-out question.

Ok, it's too the point where the minor and major circuits are just skipped, becuase those losers are a waste of time :) .

However, in the world circuit, I can beat everyone (including Mr. Sandman) with no problems whatsoever. But what's the deal with super macho man?

I can knock him down twice in the first round, and dodge his "quick" spin punch. But when he goes back and does the "long" spin punch, i can dodge it the first time, but then he comes BACK around and knocks me out, and usually at that point, the game won't let me back up.

Since all the boxers have achilles heels, i was wondering if someone could divulge the secret. And i'm sure there's someone reading this right now going "DUH" but anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. And of course, then there's Mike Tyson, who i'll hopefully be facing shortly.

Matt

Also, as a little side note, i played Chiller for NES the other day, one of the most entertaining and fun NES games i've ever played, too bad it goes for 60 bucks.

Well...If you are having problems with Macho Man, you are gonna get KILLED by Tyson, lol. ;) It takes quite a bit of practice. Just keep playing Macho Man over and over until you beat him. Really that's it. You will learn how to dodge his crap. Then good luck with Tyson. I hope you have quick reflexes...LOL btw I have beat Tyson atleast 20 times. :)

It's funny that I don't really even remember fighing Super Macho Man. Mr. Sandman will always be the one that sticks out in my mind. I must've fought him about 1000 times. I only fought Super Macho Man a couple of times, and I really don't remember how I did it. I guess we all have our hang ups.

with Macho Man's spin punching, don't worry about how many times he's gonna do it, just keep dodging until he stops, even if you reflexively dodge right when he's stopped. I think I remember you have a little time to hit him anyway after he's done. When you get to Tyson, the first round, one of his upper-cuts knocks you down. And if you want to hit him, you have to be very fast to punch him after you dodge his uppercut.

Have to agree 100% with dodging to the left.

There is maybe a pointer I can give.

I know I had a hard time with Macho Man at first, but the key is to make the quick dodges.

Don't know how else to explain other than there are subtle differences in the way you can dodge.

If you press hard to the left, you dodge too far left and you will come back right in the path of his spin punch.

Try it with an easier fighter, press hard left, and then try a softer/quicker tap to the left and see the difference in how far he dodges, and how quick he comes back to center.

The quick dodge is the key to SMM, and you won't dodge Tyson's shots without it.

Any advice on how to beat King Cobra<~think thats his name (the magician guy) I know how to dodge his punches when his emerald lights up and to dodge his upper cut then knock the crap out of him. Its just that he does that spin flash thing where he is all over the screen. He tires me and knocks me down. I've tried blocking and punching during his assault to no avail. Any Suggestions ?

Any advice on how to beat King Cobra<~think thats his name (the magician guy) I know how to dodge his punches when his emerald lights up and to dodge his upper cut then knock the crap out of him. Its just that he does that spin flash thing where he is all over the screen. He tires me and knocks me down. I've tried blocking and punching during his assault to no avail. Any Suggestions ?

You have to block when he is spinning. It's all timing. When he spins to you, you block...then when he stops, punch him high. If you are too tired, you won't be able to block them all, and you will get nocked down, there isn't anything you can do about that.