IGNORED

Quick Wii Opinion Poll

Ze_ro

Quick Wii Opinion Poll  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The announced price of $250 for a Wii...

• Makes me less interested in buying a Wii.
    • Does not affect my opinion of the Wii.
    • Doesn't concern me, as I wasn't interested in the first place.
  2. 2. The fact that the Wii will not play DVD movies...

• Makes me less interested in buying a Wii
  3. 3. The fact that Wii titles will be region locked...

• Angers me, as Nintendo previously claimed they wouldn't be.
    • Doesn't anger me, but makes me less interested in buying a Wii.
  4. 4. Due to this new information...

• I have decided NOT to buy a Wii.
    • I'm still undecided, but overall am less likely to buy a Wii.
    • My opinion on the Wii has not changed at all.
    • Doesn't concern me, as I wasn't interested in buying one in the first place.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm interested in seeing how people feel about these issues, but I feel a poll captures the popular opinion much better than reading through forum posts. Personally, the $250 price tag, and region locking doesn't surprise me... and I already have plenty of DVD players, so none of this stuff really detracts me... although the bad PR it generates sort of lessens my interest overall, especially since for the last 2 months it seemed like Nintendo could do no wrong.

All these things are mostly bad news for the Wii, but which is the most likely to hurt Nintendo's sales?

--Zero

new price makes me upset I would much rathe rhave the extra 50 bucks to pick my launch day game title instead of Nintendo picking it for me cause that is what it boils down to with me personally.

I don't care out DVD playbacxk cause I got 4 DVD players already.

Region lock is a real pisser cause I like to get exclusives from Asia and Euroland when the are avalible.

All in all I'm still there on day one :)

the price didnt bother me i expected it. i was hoping it would be lower like the rumors mentioned ,but i knew it would most likely be that since that was the orginal rumor.

People complain about the price because its only a souped up Gamecube ,but people need to understand its not the graphic horsepower thats costing that extra money for Nintendo's "next gen" system its the technology going into the controllers. You got 2 motion senstive controllers that doesn't come cheap.

The DVD thing isnt a big deal since my ps2 ,and 360 does that already although it would of been nice especially since wii's controller is already a remote ,but oh well its not a big deal

The region lock big whoop i didnt think it would actually hold with no region lock... no other system did so why should wii be different.

Im grabbing at launch... i sat an watched the gameplay in Mario Galaxy ,and about drooled i like the idea of interacting with the world using the wii mote its definetly unique.

the price didnt bother me i expected it. i was hoping it would be lower like the rumors mentioned ,but i knew it would most likely be that since that was the orginal rumor.

People complain about the price because its only a souped up Gamecube ,but people need to understand its not the graphic horsepower thats costing that extra money for Nintendo's "next gen" system its the technology going into the controllers. You got 2 motion senstive controllers that doesn't come cheap.

The DVD thing isnt a big deal since my ps2 ,and 360 does that already although it would of been nice especially since wii's controller is already a remote ,but oh well its not a big deal

The region lock big whoop i didnt think it would actually hold with no region lock... no other system did so why should wii be different.

Im grabbing at launch... i sat an watched the gameplay in Mario Galaxy ,and about drooled i like the idea of interacting with the world using the wii mote its definetly unique.

You mean "1"motion sensitive controller, right?

None of the recent announcements have really changed my opinion. I'm presuming that US$250 will convert to CAD$300, which is pretty much what I expected to pay, and I have 5 machines in my house capable of playing DVD's, so I couldn't care less about DVD playback. Nor do I import, so the region lockout thing doesn't bother me either.

I'd still like to get one, but I'm definitely not going to be there on launch day - I'd like to wait awhile and see how the third party support pans out and whether the early adopters get tired of the controller or not.

You mean "1"motion sensitive controller, right?

He means 2. The remote and the nunchuk attachment.

None of these issues affect my plans to get a Wii on day one. I wanted a Wii to play games with the motion-sensing remote, and that hasn't changed. The games looks just as fun, if not better than they looked months ago. The newly announced stuff like Wii Weather looks fun and useful. I would have hoped 2 wiimotes would be packed in, but I'll pay the extra $40 (I have no need for 2 nunchunks). It's not like any other console has shipped wtih two controllers in ages. It's all about the games, and they look better all the time, so I'm still on board.

None of the so-called bad news changes my view. Region lock and non-DVD are non issues for me. I was hoping the price would be $200 US but when they added Wii Sports and made the price $250 US I was happy.

As for the Canadian price... I recall seeing in the US Question and Answer period of the New York Conference that someone asked the Canadian price and it was said to be $279.95, which is even better! :)

As for the Canadian price... I recall seeing in the US Question and Answer period of the New York Conference that someone asked the Canadian price and it was said to be $279.95, which is even better! :)

Once again it seems the two Japanese companies are charging based on real differences in the value of the U.S. and Canadain dollars. I guess maybe the people at Microsoft just remember our money being, basically, Monopoly money for so long that they priced that way out of habit. I notice when I quote Canadian to U.S. prices on a lot of message boards I still get "corrected" by people who still think the Canadian dollar is worth 50 cents American. Those two announced prices do kind of hurt my desire for the 360 now. I mean, there's a $49 difference between the premium 360 and the "core" PS3, and there's a $120 difference between the core 360 and the Wii. The 360 isn't exactly in "no-brainer" territory anymore. Of course, I'm mad at Nintendo over the treatment of the Gamecube, and haven't liked any of Sony's handling of the PS3, so it's still the most likely system purchase.

Edited by Atarifever

The 360 isn't exactly in "no-brainer" territory anymore. Of course, I'm mad at Nintendo over the treatment of the Gamecube, and haven't liked any of Sony's handling of the PS3, so it's still the most likely system purchase.

Man, peeved at all 3 companies? Time to go and play some Atari for you!

I expected it to cost $250 so that was no suprise.

I don't care about the DVD playing because I have 6 things that play DVDs already. If it keeps the overall price lower by even $5 it's fine by me to leave it out.

The region lock at first bugged me until I really thought about how many non-US games I have for other systems: 1 for the DC . Hence it really doesn't effect me. I never get to play half of the US games so I don't think I'm missing out really.

Edited by joeybastard

The 360 isn't exactly in "no-brainer" territory anymore. Of course, I'm mad at Nintendo over the treatment of the Gamecube, and haven't liked any of Sony's handling of the PS3, so it's still the most likely system purchase.

Man, peeved at all 3 companies? Time to go and play some Atari for you!

Maybe I'll just buy a Wii and a 360 and just play the Sega games for them. That way I could go back to being a Sega fanboy.