IGNORED

Do you own an arcade machine?

Rhindle The Red

Do you own an arcade machine?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an arcade machine?

• Yes. The Genuine Article.
    • Yes. One of those "reproduction-type" things.
    • No. But I've always wanted one.
    • No. But I used to.
    • No. I'm not interested.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

So, this week's announcment of a new arcade-style unit from Awesome Arcades got me thinking. How many of you out there have an arcade machine?

Is it the real McCoy or a repro, like the Personal Arcade Machine?

If you've got one, what is it?

If you don't, what would it be if you did?

Me?

I've always wanted a Neo Geo MVS system.

*sigh*

I have three, a Neo-Geo two slot "Big Red", a Ms. Pac-Man upright, and a cocktail pirate Galaxian game. The Neo Geo is great, cartridge based and has a huge library of games available. I've got around 50 MVS carts for it, plenty of shooters, Slugs, and puzzle games. Good stuff!

I've got a MAME cabinet and a cocktail cabinet ChopLifter. Both are in genuine cabinets that take quarters, have coinboxes, etc.

Part of the licensing for the non-DIY deals like the PAM is generally that they cannot have coin boxes, or they pay extra on their licensing fees if they do.

Don't have one. Never have had one.

If I could ... first I'd want Ataxx... I played the hell out of one of those back in college. And it's a bit obscure, I think.

Otherwise, I'd like to have... if I could... with space and money not being an issue... classics like Pac Man, Galaga, Frogger, Donkey Kong, and Dig Dug... and Xenophobe... that was just a great game, cool machine, and I remember it actually giving me goose bumps!

Oh, and a sit-down Star Wars The Arcade Game. Used to play one of those, might have been a standup, at a conveienence store.

Edited by Brian R.

I have a Venture arcade game from Exidy, when I first got it, the header & bezel were scratched to hell, the mother board would go crazy and the speaker was blown, I replaced all those with the help of Ebay, now I am going to have new side art made at a print shop then she will be as close to new as possible.

:love: :ponder: :D