IGNORED

Do you own an arcade machine?

Rhindle The Red

Do you own an arcade machine?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an arcade machine?

• Yes. The Genuine Article.
    • Yes. One of those "reproduction-type" things.
    • No. But I've always wanted one.
    • No. But I used to.
    • No. I'm not interested.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've got Satan's Hollow, Karate Champ player-vs-player, and 1943. My g/f hates their size. I guess she should be glad that, when I got these machines at auction, I lost on a few more-- a Subroc 3D cockpit, a TX-1 (an absolute monster), and an Atari Hecules pinball (another absolute monster).

I'd really like to diversify-- alternative form factors, etc. I'd like to get a countertop unit, a cocktail, some cabarets. The small forms are so much easier to deal with, and easier to convince my g/f that an arcade is a great idea for a house. I'd like a black and white, a vector, and a laserdisc machine represented. (Ideally: Space Invaders, any Atari vector, and Freedom Fighters, respectively.) I'd also like to branch outside of video, pick up a Touch Me, a Nutting quiz machine, and one of those wall-mounted remote control electromechanical machines I've seen in a few arcade machine books.

I've got BurgerTime - it needs a little work, but it is playable.

Once I get resettled, I will put together a MAME machine, but there are some dedicated cabs I'd love to have:

Elevator Action

Venture

Krull

Cloak & Dagger

Robotron: 2084

Reactor

TRON

Zwackery

and my top two:

Major Havoc

Discs of TRON (environmental cab) :lust:

I got an Asteroids Deluxe cocktail, a Space Duel upright, which houses M.A.M.E., a Rampage cabinet that houses a 27" monitor with the PSX2, XBOX, Dreamcast, Jaguar and a Nintendo 64, and a "one slot" NEO-GEO with 19" monitor. I have a Galaxian cocktail in the garage which I plan to put another M.A.M.E. into that will be dedicated to "vertical" type games.

I am down to a reasonable number these days.....have owned over 400 machines since 1998, not all at once.

Right now I have:

Computer Space 2 player

Night Driver cockpit (for sale...)

Trak 10 cabaret version of Gran Trak 10

Tempest

Star Wars Cockpit with SW/ESB kit

Pac Man

Burgertime

Centipede

Bump N Jump

All are restored/original in 9/10 or better. When you go through that many machines you tend to pick out the best and sell the rest...I owned 22 Pole Positions at once one time. That SUCKED :) Just ran a paper ad until they all sold. Good ideas gone wrong on that one.

C

I have several (all dedicated):

NFL Blitz 99

Dragon's Lair

Firefox

Ms. Pac Man

MACH 3 (Cockpit)

and two pinball machines:

Doctor Who

Indiana Jones

You have my ultimate dream Pinball - Dr. Who, what a machine and so very hard to find one to play and even rarer to find one to purchase.

Edited by AussieAtari

Mine is a Tempest cabinet with original controls connected to a PC running Tempest under MAME output to a 21" monitor. I still need to wire up the coin switches & volcano button LEDs, then add a front end so I can play more than Tempest!

I also have started building a dedicated MAME cocktail cabinet. Finishing it, however, may take a few more years.

Just my Touchmaster Infinity upright, although it has a ton of games that were never released. My inlaws actually play it a lot when they come over... more than I do. :) After the mortgage is paid off, I'd like to get some classic game cabs, but I can wait. I have a Sinistar motherboard, too, but no cab, and it's missing the audio daughtercard. I'd like to get that working some day.

So, this week's announcment of a new arcade-style unit from Awesome Arcades got me thinking. How many of you out there have an arcade machine?

Is it the real McCoy or a repro, like the Personal Arcade Machine?

If you've got one, what is it? Cloak&Dagger

If you don't, what would it be if you did?

Me?

I've always wanted a Neo Geo MVS system.

*sigh*

I plan on building a collection someday, but so far I only have one genuine arcade cabinet: Atari Pong, Serial #AAA-001.

The only problem is ... it still isn't working (I got it about two years ago). :sad: It's been about that long since I've looked at it or tried to find someone to help me repair it, too, so I really need to start asking around again ...

Edited by jaybird3rd

If we end up moving to Ohio, a place with either a finished basement or a guest house is mandatory for me to consider the move... and the guest house or basement will be my personal arcade, and I plan on having at least 4 or 5 cabinets in there (as well as a finished and well stocked wet bar, and all my consoles). I've already got the cocktail cabinet Choplifter and the upright MAME cab... so, I'd probably add a few more of my favorites that really need specialized controllers or don't otherwise lend themselves to MAME very well. If I'm moving to Ohio and leaving all my friends and family back in California, I'm going to need some extra incentive. Someplace to get drunk and play video games all winter when it is too cold to go out and all summer when it is too hot and humid sounds reasonable, to me. :)

• Like 1

I have several (all dedicated):

NFL Blitz 99

Dragon's Lair

Firefox

Ms. Pac Man

MACH 3 (Cockpit)

and two pinball machines:

Doctor Who

Indiana Jones

You have my ultimate dream Pinball - Dr. Who, what a machine and so very hard to find one to play and even rarer to find one to purchase.

Mine also has the moving Dalek head on the backbox. A very good pin to play!

• 4 weeks later...

I converted a nonworking coors lite bowling in a generic jamma cab

to a pc mame machine and am now in the process of replacing the pc

with an xbox running mameox with lightguns. :)

I am very interested in obtaining a sinistar machine in the near future

and a roadblasters machine sometime after that.

Then I will never leave the house. :cool:

All of this talk about aracade cabinets, my raw jealousy of you with your own cabs and after working out the final price to build a MAME cabinet from scratch is leading me to think that sourcing a working Jamma cabinet and installing a MAME PC might be the better way to go.

It's time for me to start saving and looking for a 1942, Gyruss or Galaxian cabinet I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a real arcade game, some cheesy game that I got for free but I've been trying to get rid of it. It's already taken, just got to bug my cousin to pick it up.

I do plan to own a Tron arcade eventually, preferably a cocktail version. Also I'd love to have PC-10 arcade as well =)

How long have you owned your Cloak&Dagger machine? I have had mine 19 years. Was yours from a Defender or was it from Stargate, Robotron or Joust?