IGNORED

Do you own an arcade machine?

Rhindle The Red

Do you own an arcade machine?  

390 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an arcade machine?

• Yes. The Genuine Article.
    • Yes. One of those "reproduction-type" things.
    • No. But I've always wanted one.
    • No. But I used to.
    • No. I'm not interested.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My best friend (chris) had CRAZY CLIMBER and when it started to have problems working right chris and I took the CRAZY CLIMBER circuts out and put his ATARI 1200xl in and we even used the joystick from the game and wired it into the 1200xl buy cutting the cable from an old ATARI joystick after we figured out what wired were what direction.

The joysticks didn't have any diagonal movement so we just used an standard joystick that we put in place of the game joystick and we took the CRAZY CLIMBER sign out and made a new one and we called it ATARI ARCADE.

We had about 30 or so floppy disks and it was just like playing any game arcade style.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I got:

A "SPACE DUEL" - converted to MAME - horizontal games,

a cocktail "GALAXIAN" - converted to MAME - vertical games,

a cocktail "ASTEROIDS DELUXE" - with issues, I may temperaily put in a PSX 1 with ASTEROIDS to a 13" RGB monitor,

a "RAMPAGE" cabinet with a 25" RGB monitor with a PSX 2, XBOX, Dreamcast, and a Jaguar in it. The panel is wired with a hacked psx 2 controller with adaptors for the XBOX & Dreamcast. I use a Jag controller for Jaguar, as there is no adaptor yet. I might try "splicing" it in to the panel buttons and see if it works and doesn't "load down" the other controllers.

and last but not least,

a cocktail "ARMOR ATTACK" - very rare, it has a 19" XY monitor with OVERLAY and 2 players can sit at each end and play together. It works, but I'm going to put a new power supply in it and list it on E-Bay.

i don't own any arcade cabinets, but i've been wanting Double Dragon and Snow Bros. for YEARS.

a few months ago i actually got a dedicated Double Dragon machine.

i also snagged a few jamma boards in the recent months:

Double Dragon II: The Revenge

Snow Bros

Snow Bros 2

Super Dodge Ball, dead on arrival :(

Turtles (not the Teenage Mutant variety), but it was DOA

Yie Ar Kung Fu

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

NEO GEO 4-slot cab with about 11 games total. I'm due for some more.

Phoenix upright cab. Both machines in my living room, one across from the other.

Dig Dug in my bedroom, colors washed out.. replaced the cap kit and it's still washed out, so I may have to resolder ALL the connections. Sucks.

The only machines I own are an old Mega Touch (usually found on bar tops) and a small very old poker machine. I've considered converting the poker machine into a MAME cabinet, but haven't taken the time to do much about it except think about how I'd go about doing it.

• 2 years later...

I have a deluxe version of LA Machineguns and a Super Nova pinball that I'm almost done restoring. I also have two pinball machines (Gorgar and Flash) that need a ton of work so I'm more than likely going to re-theme them.

If I had more space I'd love to have Donkey Kong, Hydro Thunder, and Star Wars Trilogy machines.