IGNORED

wii launch line up set and ready

sega saturn x

http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?g...amp;source=0919

This is pretty sad, worse than the cubes if you ask me. No less than 6 of the games are kiddie tie in crap. Elibits and excite truck or glorified tech demos, and 2 360 ports that look worse than they did new. The only game that actually looks good is trauma center, and maybe super monkey ball. Red steel just looks to generic to spend 50$ maybe 20$ but not full price for sure. Call of duty 3 on the wii is just a joke when compared to it's 360 and ps3 counterparts. Where did all of the "confirmed" good launch games go? Like metroid and dragon quest or even wario ware.

Edited by sega saturn x

I think a lot of us are upset over Nintendo's price gouging, but that doesn't mean that everyone is ready to hang them for trifles. This lineup appears to be pretty typical of Nintendo's platforms, with a mixture of "kiddie focused" and "adult focused" titles.

On the matter of "tech demos", how is that any different than other console launches? More often than not, something is shoveled out the door to show off a console at launch. (Who remembers Pilot Wings or Wave Race?) The big difference here is that these titles will show off the Wii's control system a little better than the ports and upgrades from previous generations.

Last but not least, yeah it sucks that Metroid is delayed. Unfortunately, that's how these things go sometimes. Putting aside a lot of people's anger over Zelda's slow release for the Gamecube, Zelda will be released at the same time as the Wii. Which is something of a first for Nintendo, as they have historically waited with such heavyweight titles. The only downside is that it appears to be costing us Mario Galaxy. Which really sucks when you consider that the lack of a Mario game at launch was probably THE biggest mistake Nintendo make with the GameCube.

No nintendos biggest problem was their lathargic and underwhelmimg support the whole generation.

That was just one of many. Their biggest single mistake (which arguably grew out of the same problem) was a lack of a Mario game at launch. Mario would have better appealed to the N64 fanbase. Instead, Nintendo failed to get those key early adopters and screwed themselves from the get-go.

Edited by jbanes

Rayman looks pretty sweet and I'll wait for the reviews on Red Steel...but yeah a lot of the line up looks like kiddie stuff or quick ports...

So it will come down to if any of the ports are fun or even more fun with the new control style, which seems unlikely, but maybe some of them are...

Zelda is the big game, and I'm curious about Excitetruck, but who knows if it "has legs"...

But conversely, other that Gears of War, what is coming out for 360 this holiday? (not that there aren't a bunch of good 360 games already... :D)

Cheers,

Ben

http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?g...amp;source=0919

This is pretty sad, worse than the cubes if you ask me. No less than 6 of the games are kiddie tie in crap. Elibits and excite truck or glorified tech demos, and 2 360 ports that look worse than they did new. The only game that actually looks good is trauma center, and maybe super monkey ball. Red steel just looks to generic to spend 50$ maybe 20$ but not full price for sure. Call of duty 3 on the wii is just a joke when compared to it's 360 and ps3 counterparts. Where did all of the "confirmed" good launch games go? Like metroid and dragon quest or even wario ware.

Man, you're such a jaded gamer these days I wonder why you still play anything at all, since everything sucks so much.

No nintendos biggest problem was their lathargic and underwhelmimg support the whole generation.

That was just one of many. Their biggest single mistake (which arguably grew out of the same problem) was a lack of a Mario game at launch. Mario would have better appealed to the N64 fanbase. Instead, Nintendo failed to get those key early adopters and screwed themselves from the get-go.

You can salvage a crappy launch but you can't fix bad support, missing one game by a few months isn't nearly as a big a fuck up as having ALL your games be late.

Man, you're such a jaded gamer these days I wonder why you still play anything at all, since everything sucks so much.

Thinking nintendo screwed up=jaded?

Edited by sega saturn x

I don't know what you're talking about, that's a pretty solid launch lineup. As good as any system's I can think of (maybe the original xbox - Halo, PGR, Madden/Fever). It would be great to have Mario in there, but I don't want Zelda, Mario and Metroid at the same time. They'll cannibalize sales (and play time) from each other. I'd much rather have them take a little extra time and put out a AAA Mario game in six months than rush out another Sunshine. I would agree that there isn't really a Wii-specific killer app, since you'll be able to get Zelda for the 'cube, but I think the launch titles are very strong. And to be fair there wasn't a killer app for the 360 launch, and there wasn't one for the ps2 launch, either.

Personally, I'm breaking the bank with:

Zelda

Sonic

Monkey Ball

Red Steel

Rayman

Possibly one or more of these depending on reviews:

Far Cry

Trauma Center

Elebits

Excite Truck

Madden

As for the "confirmed" launch titles, this is the internet. Unless it comes from Nintendo, Sony, MS, or the actual publisher, it's NOT confirmed. Someone posting a photoshopped flyer of a few games on some random message board does not mean much. :)

Edited by BydoEmpire

No, no. And I'm totally not trying to start with you, cause you know we be cool, us. :thumbsup:

But, all the new Castelvanias suck, the added missions in RE 4 sucked. There's nothing to play on the DS (Lost Magic sucked too) and everything from Wii's pricing, pack-in, and launch games - it all sucks.

It is gaming after all and it doesn't seem like you are having very much fun these days, that's all.

What sonic game will you be playing the one that comes out in 2007?

Yep, I missed that it had been pushed back. My mistake. Regardless, there are still plenty of good games at launch. And it's nice to know there are great titles in the pipe for 2007 (Metroid, Super Smash Bros, Mario, Sonic). Sounds like the Wii isn't the system for you, which kind of works out because that's one less person competing for it on launch day.

No, no. And I'm totally not trying to start with you, cause you know we be cool, us. :thumbsup:

But, all the new Castelvanias suck, the added missions in RE 4 sucked. There's nothing to play on the DS (Lost Magic sucked too) and everything from Wii's pricing, pack-in, and launch games - it all sucks.

It is gaming after all and it doesn't seem like you are having very much fun these days, that's all.

The new castlevania was awesome and PoR looks even better, I played it for a month straight circle of the moon was junk. Adas missions are terrible, she takes two hits before dropping and her weapons are weak. RE4 is still about the best game ever made. And lost magic is a terrible game that has severe balance issues. And the DS has had oodles of bad games recently, and evidently I'm not the only one who noticed it. And I'm not going to lie the wii has been nothing but bad news past two weeks, and I don't even need to tell you how pumped I've been for the system. So yes I'm bitter over how weak the system is and how lackluster the line up is right now. Am I jaded? Maybe, am I disapointed" Without a doubt.

And I'm not going to lie the wii has been nothing but bad news past two weeks, and I don't even need to tell you how pumped I've been for the system.

At least it hasn't been bad news since day one *cough*ps3*cough*.

I was really hoping for the new Metroid. Without it I can wait. I would rather spend my money on CoD3 for 360 anyway. On top of that, I am 130 hours into Oblivion and I am still not close to finished with it. I haven't even done 1/3 of the main quest, any of the fighters guild, and half the mages guild. I have only done one Daedric quest (and there is no way I am giving my Azura's Star up for the main quest) and I still have some Thieves and Dark Brotherhood quests to go. There are some wilderness quests that I have left to do. But, my character is level 23. Taking it at the pace I am playing I will still be playing it when Wii launches.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Whatever happened to that Mario plat-former, I think was called Universe or something? They showed it at E3 and looked fabulous! I just assumed it would be ready for launch..

Galaxy, it was pushed back to "when we feel like releasing it" along with half of the great looking wii games.

Whatever happened to that Mario plat-former, I think was called Universe or something? They showed it at E3 and looked fabulous! I just assumed it would be ready for launch..

Mario Galaxy. It's been delayed until the next batch of releases in 2007. Presumably, sometime in first or second quarter when everyone gets tired of Zelda. ;)

Am I the only one that got excited about Boxing being on Wii sports, I think Wii sports looks pretty cool, and the only sports games I own are some arcade style racing games, Mario Tennis and Fight Night Round 2, and of course the Punchouts, well, and a couple of old baseball games for the NES but thats it for how big my collection has gotten.

Lets face it, it takes a while for a system to get the games going for it. I mean only recently this summer has the DS gotten a good amound of quality games, and its almost 2 years old. The PSP still hasnt broken out of its shell, and IMHO the X-box took almost 2 years to come up with games that could detract from sony

I'm sorry - this is a phenominal launch. I would argue that this is easily the best in ages, comparible to the Dreamcast.

Every base is covered.

They are covering the adult shooter market amazingly well by Red Steel, COD3, Far Cry, and Splinter Cell.

The Racing Genre is covered in spades - even for the kids as Cars is a solid title, Excitetruck looks great, and Need for Speed (except on handhelds) is always a solid choice.

The wacky fun stuff that people buy Nintendo systems for is there, with Monkey Ball, Rayman, Elebits (which looks very interesting, far from "tech demo") and Spongebob. I think Spongebob is going to be a dark horse of the launch, I think it's going to be excellent, but shunned by "serious" gamers.

The tradional Madden and Tony Hawk will be available, which is great, Tony Hawk looks like SSX on wheels, and IGN just said that Madden Wii, while not the prettiest ever, is the most intuitive playing Madden ever, which sells it immediately to me.

And finally, Zelda and Trauma Center at launch is awesome. Look at the demand on Trauma Center for the DS - there are people that will buy the Wii just for the sequel. Zelda is stunning.

This is a GREAT launch.

Two questions for the original poster - what about Excitetruck makes it a tech demo? It's an arcade racing game - what about that bothers you? Also, on COD3 - have you seen it in action? All I've seen is like 4 poor quality scans of it - if you've seen something better that makes it look inferior care to share a link? I'm really interested in it and Farcry but can't seem to find good shots or videos - I assume you must have to make that judgement call.

Other than Zelda I don't see anything in that lineup that interests me (well not enough to buy a new console anyway). Looks like I'll be waiting until at least next year until I buy a new console. I've decided that there's no point in buying a system on launch day if all the games you want to play won't be released for another 6 months or so.

Tempest

what about Excitetruck makes it a tech demo?

The graphics are shameful and by all first hand accounts it controls worse than a regular racing game. From what I've read the game is just to loose and really isn't very fun.

They are covering the adult shooter market amazingly well by Red Steel, COD3, Far Cry, and Splinter Cell.

Aside from red steel those games will have better versions out at the same time.

Also, on COD3 - have you seen it in action? All I've seen is like 4 poor quality scans of it - if you've seen something better that makes it look inferior care to share a link?

The screens aren't poor quality the game is just ugly there is a huge difference. I could show you a video of CoD3 but it would be for the ps3 and 360 version which actually looks really good. No videos on the wii version has been released that I can find. But these speak volumes if you ask me.

call-of-duty-3-20060711095459068.jpg

call-of-duty-3-20060711095500583.jpg

WHAT?!?!?!?! Wii graphics aren't as good as the 360?!??!?!?!!!

Yeah, no shit. The Wii games aren't going to look as good. As Nintendo and everyone else has mentioned the idea with the Wii is the controller difference. It was aknowledged from the get-go that it would not be as powerful graphically as PS3 or the 360 so where's the let-down or surprise? Those games look fine to me.

This is pretty sad, worse than the cubes if you ask me. No less than 6 of the games are kiddie tie in crap.

Is that supposedly worse than "adult tie in crap"? :lol:

What is an adult video game anyway? Far as I'm concerned as long as it aint making you have explicit hardcore fart sex, then they're all games for us kiddies. And that's fine by my old ass :D

If you like ugly games I suppose that's you're perogitive but I'm not fond of having my games look like they have mud smeared on them.

You know exactly what I mean by kiddie crap, sponge bob and avatar the last air bender lets not pretend here.

Edited by sega saturn x

First of all, those COD3 shots are over 2 months old - I think I'll wait until something newer to make judgement considering how much titles like Excitetruck & Red Steel have improved from previous versions. And from all I've read from the NY event, there were no concerns on Excitetrucks controls and certainly none on graphics, they're really looking nice in the newer IGN direct footage.

I stand by my statements, great launch titles and even if it's just a souped up Gamecube that's plenty of power when you're just working with 640x480.