IGNORED

Las Vizcachas 2006: New racing game

JF@CHILE

Hi friends,

This is my second attempt to write a game with Batari... I used the latest version of Batari on this one:

"Las Vizcachas 2006" is a racing game with horizontal scroll. "Las Vizcachas" is the name of one of the most important racing circuit in my country: Chile.

The game:

1.- In the initial screen press fire to start. Do you recognize the song?

lasvizcachsa.jpg

2.- During the game you move using the joystick. The objective is to avoid other cars and barriers. Speed increases if you last for a while. Press fire to hear your carn horn, but as in real life.. nothing will happen.

ingame2.jpg

ingame.jpg

3.- When you crash you lose a life. You have three lifes.

choque.jpg

4.- You lose after crashing when you don't have any life left. The final screen shows your score at the bottom. Press fire to go to the initial screen.

gameover.jpg

Technical details:

- 4KB game

- Songs at the beggining and at the end of the game.

- Horizontal scroll

- Multicolor sprites

- Multicolor playfield.

- It uses the two players and the ball.

I hope you enjoy the game, and please give me your feedback.

You can dowload the game from here.

Best regards

JF

Very nice game. BTW, both this game and Estar Guars have been added to my list of Batari BASIC games at www.atari2600land.com (which doesn't really mean much of anything because hardly anyone visits my site). This kind of reminds me of Grand Prix. A suggestion (in my humble opinion), sometimes when the walls pop up, I think after one disappears, another one pops up too quickly, so I can't get out of its way because the car is blocking the path out of the way of the wall. This might be fixed by instead of losing a life when you hit the car, have the player's car do what it does in Grand Prix, which it nudges the player's car in the opposite vertical direction a few pixels. I'm really liking your games and I'm looking forward to your next one.

BTW, both this game and Estar Guars have been added to my list of Batari BASIC games at www.atari2600land.com (which doesn't really mean much of anything because hardly anyone visits my site).

Don't worry about it, just keep your site updated with all of the bB games, because it's really good to have a repository for them! :)

MR