IGNORED

Are there any systems in your collection for which you have no games?

Rhindle The Red

Are there any systems in your collection for which you have no games?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are there any systems in your collection for which you have no games?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • No, but there used to be.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've been lucky to have at least one game for pretty much every system I've ever had. I've managed to stumble into at least one game for everything as hard to find as a View-Master Interactivision console to Tiger R-Zone games and a Pioneer LaserActive game. Whether I would want to play the game is another matter. When I bought my Intellivision Entertainment Computer System module, I didn't realise that an hour before I had stopped at a pawn shop and picked up an ECS cartridge, Mind Strike. I've been pretty lucky in that respect.

I know I do, and I say this because I own a lot of odd systems. So I am sure I have some odd system or computer that does not have a game for it.

I believe my TRS-80 Model 100 (which had games) is game less.

Same for my Headstart Explorer.

I'm sure I could think of more.

What good's a system without games? Gotta have at least ONE game (preferably a good one) for every system at my place. I've been known to buy a system for just one great game (Nuon Tempest 3000, PSP Wipeout Pure, DS Mario 64 to name a few) -- when that happens, I usually don't care if anything else will come out for that machine again!

My dreamcast

*ducks*

That's not even that surprising, it's incredibly hard to find worthwhile Dreamcast games in the wild. Due to Gamestop and Game Crazy's ridiculous policy of taking used disc-based games without the case, collecting for the Dreamcast and Playstation has become nearly impossible.

d'oh...in the course of typing this response i realized i erroneously answered "No" to the poll. I forgot my girlfriend has Virtual Boy from before we met, and we have no games for it. The results are now inaccurate and it's all my fault. :(

I voted yes even though the SMS has 2 built in games. I buy them when they are cheap just for the pads and guns to convert them for ATARI use :) Can't bring myself to throw out a fully working console so when I see someone in the neighbourhood that enjoys gaming I just give them away to them.

I voted yes even though the SMS has 2 built in games. I buy them when they are cheap just for the pads and guns to convert them for ATARI use :) Can't bring myself to throw out a fully working console so when I see someone in the neighbourhood that enjoys gaming I just give them away to them.

I wish someone around here was giving out Master Systems. :) I've got a modest stack of complete games going, but i have literally NEVER seen a used Master System in my area, even at dedicated and overpriced game booths at the flea markets. Regional rarity sucks. :)

I don't have any consoles w/o games but I do have 2 TRS Color Computer 2s, a Mac Plus, 2 TRS-80 Model 100s , and a Sharp Pocket Computer that I have no software for, except for hand entered programs (in the case of the Model 100s & pocket computer).

Like others here I have an Atari Jaguar w/ Tempest 2000 & AvP but no hook ups or controllers, so I cannot even test to see if it works :(

I have one game for my Vectrex (Asteroids), but I can't play it because my only controller is broken. Bummer.

And my 5200 has a slew of games but the controllers suck *so bad*.

You can get an inexpensive digital controller for the Vectrex from here:

www.classicgamecreations.com

...but which "Asteroids" do you mean? The built-in Minestorm game?

I have a Vectrex with only the built-in game Minestorm. I bought it at the auction at the end of the 2006 Cinciclassic, so I had no time to get any games for it there. And since I did pick up a 5200 multi-cart at that show, that is the route I'm going to go with the Vectrex.

I don't have any games for the Aquarius stashed in my closet (in my family, I get all the old computer stuff nobody wants), and I've wondered whether I should try to get some, but when I've read about Aquarius games, I've been pretty discouraged. Check out this review:

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/...arius_tech.html

The 2600 is as flexible as wet angel hair pasta in comparison...let that be a lesson in designing systems for longevity!

I have no cartridges for my Fairchild Channel F, or my TI99/4A computer... though I don't have any joysticks either(for the TI).

I don't have a P/S unit for the power supply to the CD Unit I got with my TG16 last month so it's just about as bad as having the system and no games.... I should really do something about that.

Edited by SuperPsycho