IGNORED

7800 Pac-Man collection here!

PacManPlus

Ok

Newest version:

1) I cannot thank Kenfused enough for figuring out how to add the missing row of dots!!! :lust: The mazes are now the same aspect ratio as the arcade! All mazes have been changed to reflect this.

2) The player now slows down when eating dots, and the monsters can catch up to you, just like the arcade.

3) High Score Cart support has been changed to have different entries by game, speed, and plus mode. Therefore they take up game IDs $8X, $9X, and $AX. I hope this doesn't conflict with any other games.

4) Auto-play mode (attract mode) works correctly now.

*BIG NOTE* - there is one final issue with this build: on the real hardware there are some screen jumps at the instant you start the game, when the fruit is out, and when you die. This is being worked on. :)

Vesion .03

PACCOLL.ZIP

post-1787-1161950295_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus

Ok

Newest version:

1) I cannot thank Kenfused enough for figuring out how to add the missing row of dots!!! :lust: The mazes are now the same aspect ratio as the arcade! All mazes have been changed to reflect this.

2) The player now slows down when eating dots, and the monsters can catch up to you, just like the arcade.

3) High Score Cart support has been changed to have different entries by game, speed, and plus mode. Therefore they take up game IDs $8X, $9X, and $AX. I hope this doesn't conflict with any other games.

4) Auto-play mode (attract mode) works correctly now.

*BIG NOTE* - there is one final issue with this build: on the real hardware there are some screen jumps at the instant you start the game, when the fruit is out, and when you die. This is being worked on. :)

Vesion .03

COOL, I love to play the roms but again I dont have a working PC with Windows for many years, Im still on linux :( Man I cant wait to play it on the real 7800 :D

Thanks Guys :)

and a *BIG* thank you to Kenfused on figuring out the screen jumping issue. :)

A few people were playing it on cart here at the expo and it looks pretty solid. Here is the latest version:

1) Maze flash removed at end of demo round.

2) Timer implemented. If you sit at the menu for 30 seconds and don't touch anything, it reverts back to attract mode.

3) 'Four Lives' option removed so it would fit on the High Score Cart (don't ask...) :ponder:

4) The second Ms. Pac-Attack rack caused the fruit to come out one row below where it was supposed to at the top exits (in the Ms. Pac-Attack Mode). This has been fixed.

PACCOLL.ZIP

Thanks Guys :)

and a *BIG* thank you to Kenfused on figuring out the screen jumping issue. :)

A few people were playing it on cart here at the expo and it looks pretty solid. Here is the latest version:

1) Maze flash removed at end of demo round.

2) Timer implemented. If you sit at the menu for 30 seconds and don't touch anything, it reverts back to attract mode.

3) 'Four Lives' option removed so it would fit on the High Score Cart (don't ask...) :ponder:

4) The second Ms. Pac-Attack rack caused the fruit to come out one row below where it was supposed to at the top exits (in the Ms. Pac-Attack Mode). This has been fixed.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lust:

:)

That's because they're missing :D

(Just Kidding)

It would be easier to show you. The maze that GCC did is one row short of the arcade (btw all of the mazes were like this):

Here's the difference between the two mazes. Look at the two boxs on either side of the inverted 'T' above the monster's pen.

Bob

post-1787-1162169773_thumb.jpg

post-1787-1162169806_thumb.jpg

(Just Kidding)

It would be easier to show you. The maze that GCC did is one row short of the arcade (btw all of the mazes were like this):

Here's the difference between the two mazes. Look at the two boxs on either side of the inverted 'T' above the monster's pen.

Bob

Any plans to go back and fix the previous releases with the extra row?

-Jeff

(Just Kidding)

Bob

So, yours is on the left, and has three dots along the side of the boxes, while the released version is on the right and has two. Is that it?

I never would've noticed that.

(Just Kidding)

Bob

So, yours is on the left, and has three dots along the side of the boxes, while the released version is on the right and has two. Is that it?

That's an extra meal for Pac-Man!

:!:

Now you can get an arcade perfect 14600 points on the first board.

I see how that adds 6 dots (60 points) but not sure where 4 of the other dots come from though :?: but havent looked that close.

Edited by kenfused

-Jeff

Actually, I hadn't planned on touching the stand-alone games any more; those are finished. Anyone from this point forward will only be getting the Pac Man collection and not the stand-alone games (being that they are all in there).

As far as people who have already bought those games and want an upgrade, there will be some sort of discount if whoever should want to purchase this cart (Haven't decided how I was going to do this just yet).

I must say this again; I originally did not want to do this (aside from the difficulty) because of the people who had already bought the stand-alone versions of the games from me. I felt it wasn't really fair. But people were pushing me to do a compilation, and I hope I solved my dilemma (somewhat) by 1) Adding a 'Random Mazes' game, 2) Adding 'Plus' mode to ANY of the 7 games on the cart, and 3) Adding 'Fast' mode again to ANY of the 7 games on the cart, in combination (or not) of 'Plus' mode. I am hoping that is enough of a difference (also including the missing row of dots) to warrant a new cart.

@kenfused - the extra 4 dots are really from the energizers only being 40 points instead of 50 (a bug in the original GCC code). That has been fixed as well.

@Brian - the released version actually Has the extra row, so the released version is on the left, and the original one is on the right.

Bob

-Jeff

Actually, I hadn't planned on touching the stand-alone games any more; those are finished. Anyone from this point forward will only be getting the Pac Man collection and not the stand-alone games (being that they are all in there).

As far as people who have already bought those games and want an upgrade, there will be some sort of discount if whoever should want to purchase this cart (Haven't decided how I was going to do this just yet).

I must say this again; I originally did not want to do this (aside from the difficulty) because of the people who had already bought the stand-alone versions of the games from me. I felt it wasn't really fair. But people were pushing me to do a compilation, and I hope I solved my dilemma (somewhat) by 1) Adding a 'Random Mazes' game, 2) Adding 'Plus' mode to ANY of the 7 games on the cart, and 3) Adding 'Fast' mode again to ANY of the 7 games on the cart, in combination (or not) of 'Plus' mode. I am hoping that is enough of a difference (also including the missing row of dots) to warrant a new cart.

@kenfused - the extra 4 dots are really from the energizers only being 40 points instead of 50 (a bug in the original GCC code). That has been fixed as well.

@Brian - the released version actually Has the extra row, so the released version is on the left, and the original one is on the right.

Bob

A discount would be cool because i purchased several of those great games from you. Let us know what you decide. Maybe Trade in value.lol

I just want to comment that I got a chance to see this in action at the VGXPO this weekend and it's damned impressive! Also, Atariboy, your labels rock! Not only the label for this game, but I saw a few other labels you did affixed to carts and they were beautiful. I have some upcoming projects that need label art--if you're interested in learning more, please let me know. :)

..Al

I just want to comment that I got a chance to see this in action at the VGXPO this weekend and it's damned impressive! Also, Atariboy, your labels rock! Not only the label for this game, but I saw a few other labels you did affixed to carts and they were beautiful. I have some upcoming projects that need label art--if you're interested in learning more, please let me know. :)

..Al

Yea okay if you need help on Im here , whats so sad is I dont have any color laser printer to print any od the labels I made, or worst any game carts and or rom borad to make any of the games I wanted :sad: Hate being poor :twisted: