deathtrappomegranate

emkay

mojofltr

devwebcl

madbutscher

a8isa1

doctorclu

Edited by Goochman

I remember getting sooooooo frustrated with this game way back when and always wondered exactly how to play this - I read the instructions on atarimania and they dont tell you anything!!!

I presume you need to hit all 4 cars, return them home and then hit the engine car before it refills with gold????

Cant wait to see how these scores work out :)

Play on the slow setting - Hitting 'Select' will speed things up.

lol - youve got to hit the 'gold' train cars and return to your base - once youve got all 4 cars you can hit the locomotive - but you need to do this before it reloads.

Stay away from the 'guard' car - if hes holding gold he wont hurt you (ie hes yellow)

Edited by Goochman

The scoring seems really screwy for this game; you get the more points for taking gold back from the guard then from stealing it from the train in the first place?

And why do you crash if you hit an empty boxcar?

I have never come close to emptying all four boxcars and ramming the engine. Anyone done this?

post-6060-1161791948_thumb.png

OK - a few tidbits Ive figured out on this game:

Despite what the directions hint at - you cannot hit the engine when you've gotten all 4 cars. You will die - When you get all 4 cars you earn a free man and have to wait for the train to load up again.

I have a suspicion on a bonus when you get all 4 cars - I havent figured it out, but when you cash in some gold it puts your score into a field seperate from your current score and high score. I wonder if this is a bonus you get when you knock out all 4 cars? Anyone verify?

This is a strange game Ive always been drawn to. It could this love ahte relationship where the game is so frustating to play and I am so close to hitting a huge score that I cant stop...........:)

OK - a few tidbits Ive figured out on this game:

Despite what the directions hint at - you cannot hit the engine when you've gotten all 4 cars. You will die - When you get all 4 cars you earn a free man and have to wait for the train to load up again.

That's kind of what I thought, but I had a hard time verifying.

I have a suspicion on a bonus when you get all 4 cars - I havent figured it out, but when you cash in some gold it puts your score into a field seperate from your current score and high score. I wonder if this is a bonus you get when you knock out all 4 cars? Anyone verify?

I can verify that it does not give you that amount when you knock out all four cars. I have the feeling we are missing something...

post-6060-1162571792_thumb.png

Correct - It might have something to do with the 'police' car - I noticed when he takes a unit of gold from the base you lose score - When you get the gold back from him you get a bonus plus you get a bonus when you return it to base.

Weird game - an old skool one for sure :)