IGNORED

AVC Online

just a quick bump:

the news stand has been retooled at cafepress.com.

( http://cafepress.com/avcnews )

the VGS section has been moved out of the AVC section and into it's own section.

the ticker is now in the header and will appear on every part of the shop.

also for those who are just want to go to certain section you can click on the navagation links(ie if you want just look at the AVC books(vgs programs and jagfest issues(soon to include the fanzine) just click on that link on the side bar)

also the color of the site is now the infamous black and red (jaguar colors)

enjoy :)

instead of bumping this topic I decied to do an edit:

starting today the Jaguar community united announment list I have on yahoo groups

will also be used to e-mail monthly announcements about AVC News Stand.

the first one was sent this morning. Also I have added an sign up box at news stand at cafepress.com

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 2 weeks later...

Staring today and until 5-1-07 the following items have been discounted by 5% at the Video Game Summit Section of the AVC news stand:

Tote Bag

All Buttons(normal and mini)

Mini Button (10 pack)

All Stickers(Bumper,Rectrange and Oval)

Mug

After May 1st, these items will be removed fro the shop.(Also in the coming months new items will be added to the Jagfest section as well as the AVC section as well(Women dark shirts have been added already to all three sections) be sure to check out the News Stand cover page for featued items: http://avc.atari-users.net/index_files/newsstand.html or just go to http://www.cafepress.com/avcnews for everything else.

just bumping this topic sale ends in 5 days.(also the VGS website will be updated on that day also with news on VGS'08)

just letting you know, tomarrow will be the last day of the VGS Sale.(a new VGS sale will be starting on weds)

(the VGS site will also be updated on Weds)

Updated the NewsStand page,VGS site has been updated.

VGS T-shirt Sale has now begun at the Cafepress.com shop(New Designs added,old designs deleted)

• 1 month later...

just thought I give you a heads up:

if you visted the AVC news stand lately at cafepress.com

you noticed that it down sized.

the reason is because Atari Interactive is starting to crack down on people who are using of ATARI and Atari classic images because they say it infringes upon their intellectual property rights(copyright/trademark).

so what is missing : All three shirts of the AVC section(I have that hidden for now until it get fixed)

Jagfest section: Jagfest issues 2 to 7

VGS section: 2006 program

I have e-mailed kathy at Atari explaining that we are a users group have the rights to use the name atari in the groups name(Atari Video Club) and the shop is there to help support the group.

so hopefully we can get this worked out(most likely some of the stuff wil be chaged to reflect this and not infringe on the copyrights)

(Atari was once part the club back in the late 80's)

just thought I give you a heads up:

if you visted the AVC news stand lately at cafepress.com

you noticed that it down sized.

the reason is because Atari Interactive is starting to crack down on people who are using of ATARI and Atari classic images because they say it infringes upon their intellectual property rights(copyright/trademark).

so what is missing : All three shirts of the AVC section(I have that hidden for now until it get fixed)

Jagfest section: Jagfest issues 2 to 7

VGS section: 2006 program

I have e-mailed kathy at Atari explaining that we are a users group have the rights to use the name atari in the groups name(Atari Video Club) and the shop is there to help support the group.

so hopefully we can get this worked out(most likely some of the stuff wil be chaged to reflect this and not infringe on the copyrights)

(Atari was once part the club back in the late 80's)

it looks like some items will get changed because of the Atari name or logo on it.

also they mentioned to me that they reserve the rights to jaguar platform.

how can they do that if hasbro made it an open platform back in 99.

curt, is Atari making a flashback 3 with jaguar compablties or releasing

and jaguar games :?

Edit:

things are starting to look up. we are working on getting a limited licence for the use of the Atari name for the club and newsletter. it's a start so it looks the shirts will be modified at least.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 4 weeks later...

haven't back from the lawyers since that e-mail,so so far everything is good as far as the club's name,website and newsletters go.

the missing jagfest issues and vgs program will be reworked on and will be only available as normal print or pdf form(the cafepress versions

will remain off the store until I get the images fixed)

The club items(shirts and hats) will return to cafepress with our new logo for the cafepress shop only coming august.(later down the road I will replace the old logo that wes powell did for the club

back in '97 on the website with the new one(prob around march))

now for some other news: not many people know this but AVC has sub-domain at Atari.org,it was first started before I moved my site from anglefire to AUN and it orignaly pointed at the anglefire site.

well I contacted the people at Atari.org to have the url point to AUN site now. So, if you have a the following URL: http://avconline.atari.org it will now take you the current site(listed in signature below which is also still good to use) the old angelfire site will taken down prob around the end of the year,as right now its justa place header with the url to site at atari- users.net)

again either avc.atari-users.net or avconline.atari.org urls good

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just letting you know that AVC will be moving out of the telnet chat room on Saturdays and into our own net radio show via skypecast.

if you don't have skype,don't worry the show will be simulcasted via irc at our new room in irc.newnet.net #AVC_LIVE

thr irc room is now up, the exact date of the skypecast is being worked on, and when everything is set it will be announced.

AVC chat in progress till 7pmCT

at telnet://www.atarinews.org

come in and chat with me and feel free to ask about the club or our net show,

as we prepare to switch over from normal to our net show.

(I was going to attend the commondore show in lombard,il but I was tired when I got off work)

Telnet www.atarinews.org

Username:BBS

Password:BBS

use your userid or create a new one.

T for Talk

C for chat

Choose a nickname for chat.

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
quick bump(re:Jagfest Tour shirt )

Limited Edition white Jagfest Tour t-shirt: front of shirt has the jagfest on tour logo below that in red is the words"1997 to 2007 from US to OverSeas" back of the shirt has smaller version of logo and below that also in red is all the known Jagfest dates and locations(US and overseas) from 1997 to 2007

I'm bumping this topic to let you know the above mentioned T-shirt will be removed from the AVC News Stand at the end of the month

so if haven't pick one up yet now will be good time to do so,plus it's on sale.

• 3 weeks later...

AVC chat begins in 7min till 7pmCT

at telnet://www.atarinews.org

come in and chat with me and feel free to ask about the club or our net show,

as we prepare to switch over from normal to our net show.

Telnet www.atarinews.org

T for Talk

C for chat

some news concerning the new net show debuting on Feb 3rd:

knowing that most people don't have skype, I have singed up with Ustream.tv so now if don't have skype

you'll still beable to listen(and wacth,it will have video not much at first just me talking for a first couple shows,with exception

of the special shows to be done at MGC and VGS depneding if Iget my laptop before then)

the show will still be broadcast on skypecast as well plus the irc will still be up too.

• 2 weeks later...
some news concerning the new net show debuting on Feb 3rd:

knowing that most people don't have skype, I have singed up with Ustream.tv so now if don't have skype

you'll still beable to listen(and wacth,it will have video not much at first just me talking for a first couple shows,with exception

of the special shows to be done at MGC and VGS depneding if Iget my laptop before then)

the show will still be broadcast on skypecast as well plus the irc will still be up too.

small updates:

1.the AVC live IRC chat room has been dropped in favor of the ustream.tv chat room

2. can't wait until Feb 3rd for the premier show, AVC has decided do to preview show on Dec 31st at 8pm CT(our new podcast page will debute at the same time)

(the preview show will cover the past and future of the club and some few surprises)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

just to let know the AVC chat is in progress at telnet://www.atarinews.org

Telnet www.atarinews.org

T for Talk

C for chat

• 2 weeks later...

only one AVC Telnet chat remaining after todays.

if you don't come to this one beusre to come to next satudays

because it will cover some news on the club itself (the fanzine,the new video/pod cast plus a slew of other goodies)

then Dec 31st at 8pm CT till 10pmct AVC will present it's preview show of AVC Live at Ustream.tv where two things will be making it's premier showing:

1.VGS's 2nd Video ad will be shown before it gets to sent to youtube.com

2. Laserman will be shown in action(technically for the 2600 it's Laserman 2 because our laserman game was Laserman 2k3 which more of prequeal to this game.

(I should mention that the showing of this game will be done Live and not prerecorded earlier)

Click here to find out to go the telnet chat

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

only one AVC Telnet chat remaining after todays.

if you don't come to this one beusre to come to next satudays

because it will cover some news on the club itself (the fanzine,the new video/pod cast plus a slew of other goodies)

then Dec 31st at 8pm CT till 10pmct AVC will present it's preview show of AVC Live at Ustream.tv where two things will be making it's premier showing:

1.VGS's 2nd Video ad will be shown before it gets to sent to youtube.com

2. Laserman will be shown in action(technically for the 2600 it's Laserman 2 because our laserman game was Laserman 2k3 which more of prequeal to this game.

(I should mention that the showing of this game will be done Live and not prerecorded earlier)

Click here to find out to go the telnet chat

Laserman might be shown playing on emulator instead of on actual system as planned.

I had both laserman 2k3 and laserman played on the 2600 using make wav via supercharger before

but some how it's not working. I tested out my set up on with the stella CD and that worked good it's just my two wavs loa but then it seems to get cut off.

I'll do a couple more test before the podcast if I can't get working I'll prob have to run it on Z26 .

I'll keep you updated.

AVC's final Telnet Chat at www.atarinews.org from 2pm to 7pmCT

(see link in above posts to see how to go the telnet)

re: laserman on AVC Live on Monday: it's going be played on emulator (pcaewin 2.7) I gave up trying to make it on real system.

plus it will be in actual gameplay,no delay as I thought before. I figured out how to make it work.

(laserman 2k3 will also be shown as well,so those who doesn't know about the game will get to see it as well)

plus before the actual game play I will go into detail about the history of the game(back from it's orgin on the TI

to the 2600(which will include breif mention of the sequel that wsn't produced on the TI but is being planned for the 2600)

I will post a new thread here to announce the AVC Live shows.

Edit:

Gave it final try to get it working, and good news folks Laserman 2k3 and Laserman will be played on actual system as planned(picture might be snowy do

to connection) I had to louder my volume on my computer and hurray it works.

watch for the new topic tomarrow morning

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

• 2 months later...

AVC Online is proud to announce the relaunch of our team gaming competions which was formerlly known as Atari Bowl and started out as a singles competion known as Atarimania is now known as

The Atari Gaming League.(AGL)

AGL as I mentioned above,is a Team Competition, which covers 2600,5200,7800,Lynx and Jaguar systems.

AGL consists of 8 teams (each team has 5 squads(1 for each system) whch consist of 3 players each)

For more deatils on the AGL visit AGL page at AVC Online

• 6 months later...

Ok here is what your waiting for:

AVC Online is Proud to announce the Jagfest issue Cover design Contest.

as most of you know I was fighting a battle with certain company when it comes to

the Jagfest issues and Cafepress.

so instead of me redoing all the issues(yes this contest does include the first Jagfest issue)

I going let the jaguar public do the covers(this also includes the back covers)

winners are announced on the AVC_live video cast.

1st prize: winning Jagfest issue with my signature

2nd and 3rd prize: Gift certificate for any Jagfest item at the AVC News Stand

more details can be found here

Good luck