IGNORED

2006 Holiday Cart Ideas Wanted

Albert

I have also an idea for a game but maybe it sounds a bit too strange. Here it is:

You see three Christmas trees with glitter balls on the screen. one left, one in the middle and one on the wright side.

Also there are goblins or such who are trying to steal the glitter balls. Your part as Santa Clause is to prevent the goblins from stealing the glitter balls. For each Goblin who fell off you get points and the game become harder after each 1000 points or something, because the goblins are acting faster.

I know it sounds strange :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just for fun (and because it's an absurd idea and it's too late), hack Spitfire Attack into a game where Santa has to navigate his sleigh, knocking out obstacles in the process. :twisted:

I was actually thinking of a similar kind of theme, where Santa goes berserk and flies around in his sleigh knocking over signs, scattering carolers or shoppers, shooting, swooping, etc., because he's p***ed off at everybody who won't say "Christmas"-- i.e., billboards with messages like "Happy Generic Paid Time Off," carolers who sing songs like "Go and spend, go and spend, go and spend," and nutters who march around with signs saying that "Santa is Satan." :P

Michael

I was actually thinking of a similar kind of theme, where Santa goes berserk and flies around in his sleigh knocking over signs, scattering carolers or shoppers, shooting, swooping, etc., because he's p***ed off at everybody who won't say "Christmas"-- i.e., billboards with messages like "Happy Generic Paid Time Off," carolers who sing songs like "Go and spend, go and spend, go and spend," and nutters who march around with signs saying that "Santa is Satan." :P

What you need is a target. Say, a grandma running away because she P.O.ed Santa Claus. (Jaded love story perhaps? :P) In the background you can then use the tune, "Grandma got run over by a reindeer..." :lol:

What you need is a target. Say, a grandma running away because she P.O.ed Santa Claus. (Jaded love story perhaps? :P) In the background you can then use the tune, "Grandma got run over by a reindeer..." :lol:

I'd considered something along the lines of "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer," too! :)

However, the other day I had an idea for a holiday game that I thought was pretty good, but it would have to be for 2007. Although I'm reluctant to give it away (if anybody else starts to program this game first, I reserve the right to be creative consultant :P), the name is "Elves Gone Wild!" The story goes like this: All year long, Santa pushes and prods his elves to make toys-- it starts the day after Christmas, and the pressure to produce keeps getting more and more intense throughout the year, culminating in the day before Christmas, which is absolutely murderous. The only time the elves get a break is when Santa finally takes off in his sleigh to deliver the toys on Christmas Eve. Naturally, it takes Santa many hours to fly around the world, from time zone to time zone (starting at the International Date Line, working westward, and ending on the other side of the International Date Line), so when Santa finally gets through, he's extremely tired and goes straight to bed for a very long snooze. From the moment that Santa takes off, until the moment that he wakes up after his long snooze, the elves throw one humongous party to celebrate and blow off all that steam that's been building up all year... and what a party it is! Naturally, a lot of the elves get extremely plastered and make some pretty spectacular messes; but generally speaking, it's a 48-hour period of fun and games for the elves, with lots of pranks being played on each other, competitive contests, hanky panky galore, and all-around mayhem. So the idea would be to have several different mini-games within the cart-- sort of like an "Elf Olympics"-- but there would also be puzzles for the brainy elves to play, and music and dancing for other elves, etc. Some of the mini-games could be pretty silly or outrageous, in keeping with the general "Elves Gone Wild!" theme-- e.g., one mini-game might have Mrs. Claus running around trying to catch the elves and make them put their clothes back on, or something equally silly. :P

Michael