IGNORED

Turbo / Atari 2600

xybot67

Wonder buys the proto >> Gives the rom to Al >> Al makes carts to sell to Omega >> part of the profit goes back to Wonder. Sounds good to me. :)

I'm almost positive that's how the turn of events is going to happen.

Wow, this is impressive, that's awesome another proto has been found, and my favorite coleco game at that.

Tempest this is truly a moment of gaming history. Would the seller allow you to review the game in detail? I am not interested in owning the game and I can honestly say that if I never played it it wouldn't bother me in the slightest but I have always found your reviews fascinating and would love to read your opinion on this game. Others have trusted you with roms of their prototypes so in all honesty would he allow you to review it so that the rest of us could read about it? ;)

Just a reminder that the bidding for the Turbo prototype will start this weekend. If you're interested in bidding on it, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll add your name to the private auction list.

BTW the prototype case IS included.

Tempest

Does this guy have anything else of intrest?

He has two unfinished Colecovision protos (one is actually just a demo), and some source code on some Apple II disks. He's going to send the disks to me so I can try and get the code off them. Unfortunately he thinks they may be damaged from age...

Tempest

Does this guy have anything else of intrest?

He has two unfinished Colecovision protos (one is actually just a demo), and some source code on some Apple II disks. He's going to send the disks to me so I can try and get the code off them. Unfortunately he thinks they may be damaged from age...

Tempest

Even if the disks are damaged, the files might not be completely unrecoverable. Most of the Apple disks I've tried would just lose a few sectors here and there - it's rare that the entire disk becomes unreadable.

The programmer has decided to throw in a little hack he did as a bonus to the winner. The hack is called Alien Attack and is just a modification of Kaboom! I believe it is just a graphics hack. The programmer did it as a way to learn how to program the 2600.

Tempest

The auction will begin tonight at 10:00pm EST and run until 10:00pm EST on Wednesday (approx. 5 days). Please send your bids to Tempest@atariprotos.com. Please make sure you put Turbo Bid or something similar in the title. I will send updates out to the people on the list via e-mail approx. 2 or 3 times a day.

If you want to get on the auction list, you have until 10:00pm tonight to shoot me an e-mail or PM.

Have fun and happy bidding!

Tempest

I am VERY INTERESTED to own and play a real cartridge-copy of Turbo on my VCS. I hope it is not too difficult (for

THOMAS JENTZSCH) to convert it to PAL-format. Atari planned to release Turbo together with other Coleco-carts like

Donkey Kong in the late 80ies. Atari resevered an own CX-number for the game. What was the reason they did it not?

No idea to finish the game? The game looks better than 2600-Pole Position and Enduro for me. Is there an ambulance-

car in the game? Is there a chance to finish the game by the origínal-programmer?

The game would be the shining star at the AtariAge store!!

I am VERY INTERESTED to own and play a real cartridge-copy of Turbo on my VCS. I hope it is not too difficult (for

THOMAS JENTZSCH) to convert it to PAL-format. Atari planned to release Turbo together with other Coleco-carts like

Donkey Kong in the late 80ies. Atari resevered an own CX-number for the game. What was the reason they did it not?

I asked the programmer that very question, and he didn't know. I'm guessing that Atari just bought the Coleco library and that included everything in it. So they probably just started assigning numbers to games and didn't know Turbo wasn't complete. Perhaps they thought they could finish it? Who knows? 1986-1990 Atari is still a pretty big mystery.

Tempest

He has two unfinished Colecovision protos (one is actually just a demo), and some source code on some Apple II disks. He's going to send the disks to me so I can try and get the code off them.

Source code! :lust:

Wild Western! :lust:

Rocky?

Frenzy?

Pepper II?

Cosmic Avenger?

Who knows maybe Tarzan?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

He has two unfinished Colecovision protos (one is actually just a demo), and some source code on some Apple II disks. He's going to send the disks to me so I can try and get the code off them.

Rocky?

Frenzy?

Pepper II?

Cosmic Avenger?

Who knows maybe Tarzan?

8)

Colecovision! :ponder:

Rocky?

Frenzy?

Pepper II?

Cosmic Avenger?

Who knows maybe Tarzan?

8)

Uhh... Keep in mind that the source code would only be for games he was involved in. So it most likely has code for the Xonox games he did and the Coleco demos. No new undiscovered games I'm afraid.

Tempest