IGNORED

Arcades in the Area

There is a great one at Spring Lake in Burrilville, RI. Incredible collection of old EM games going back as far as 75 years old. Plus many modern games. Probably closed for the winter as it is inside the beach area.

There is also always Salisbury Beach and Salem Willows.

I think Tokyo Game Action, the largest Bemani arcade in the Eastern US, has moved to Wichendon MA but I haven't confirmed that yet as I fell out of contact with them a year or more ago.

Salem Willows, as of this summer, had some great old games - an original Seawolf (with periscope 8) ), Space Invaders (still nothing like playing those old Taito games on real cabinets with the images projected onto a mirror with colored background elements), Tapper, Asteroids, Arkanoid, Ms. Pac Man, Space Invaders, etc. etc. I posted when I went there - I will have to look it up.

And it's also a bit of a walk from the commuter rail stop (don't try it either) otherwise I'd go there more often in the summer.

Note to self: Get your license... NOW!

For now the only arcade I can get to is Good Times, and they seem to have gotten rid of some of their classics, although they do have Asteroids, but the language is set on German! XD

Although I generally go there to play Time Crisis 4 (Namco, if you put it out as a PS3 exclusive, I'm going to KILL YOU!)

• 3 weeks later...
I think Tokyo Game Action, the largest Bemani arcade in the Eastern US, has moved to Wichendon MA but I haven't confirmed that yet as I fell out of contact with them a year or more ago.

Yeah they did, there was some bowling alley of some sort that they bought out cause they needed more space or something like that. I've been meaning to head to that place for the longest time, Its the only Drummania machine I know of closer then NYC.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had the space for some arcade games. I hit a yard sale in Bridgewater last summer and the guy had one arcade game out for sale. I started talking to the women who was running the sale and she mentioned how her husband had a bunch of other games in the basement. I came back later and he took me into his basement. I was in 80's arcade heaven. This guy had about 15 different games. I don't remember them all, but I know he had Donkey Kong, Star Wars, Tempest, Galaga and Pac-Man. If only I had the money and space.......