IGNORED

NES High Score Club Week #11 - Battletoads

vdub_bobby

I believe that you receive more points for killing enemies if you don't use a weapon. I prefer using a weapon, because I always get my butt kicked if I don't. :lol

This depends. On the first stage I headbut the enemies for the first hit (this is worth 1000 points, where as normal punching is worth 500). Then on the second hit I punch again for 5000.

If I pick up the stick from the leg thingy (don't know it's name), I can headbut the bottle on the first one and the stick and the bottle on the second one, worth 2000 points each. If you hit the enemies with the stick it is worth 750 points, but if you headbut them the first time (1000 points) and then run up and kick them with the big shoe before they get up (5000 points), this is worth the same amount of points you'd get without the weapon, and obviosly having the weapon makes better defense.

in the water stage loiter around the fish hole for a minute or 2 the fish are 2000 a punch and they take like 2 or 3 punches to kill and they keep coming. just watch out for the punch back :ponder: . heres my new score 605,950

Heh! Leeching!

BTW: Are you using something terribly outdated like FCEU for emulation? I found it had glitches for almost every HSC game I played so far except Tetris :ponder: You should best upgrade to Nestopia if possible.

in the water stage loiter around the fish hole for a minute or 2 the fish are 2000 a punch and they take like 2 or 3 punches to kill and they keep coming. just watch out for the punch back :ponder: . heres my new score 605,950

Heh! Leeching!

BTW: Are you using something terribly outdated like FCEU for emulation? I found it had glitches for almost every HSC game I played so far except Tetris :ponder: You should best upgrade to Nestopia if possible.

leeching :sad: not really. no more so than the birds. i mentioned ths tip due to getting stuck there. :) theres spikes everywhere. and the glickes make it hard to see errr :/

Well, I gave it one more go last night and I was able to beat the speed bikes! Yippee! Too bad I died quickly in the ice caves and only beat my previous best by 50 points! :x

Anyway...times up! Hope you had fun; this game is much harder than I remembered!

EDIT: And leaching...I can't evaluate whether what galaxy warrior did is leaching or not since I couldn't get to that stage. :ponder: Anyone have any insights to offer? Unless I hear a (good) argument otherwise, I'll take him at his word and count it as *not* leaching, so his score stands. :)

Edited by vdub_bobby