IGNORED

Roughly how much is your video game collection worth?

Rhindle The Red

Roughly how much is your video game collection worth?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Roughly how much is your video game collection worth?

• < $500
    • $500 - $1,000
    • $1,000 - $2,500
    • $2,500 - $5,000
    • $5,000 - $10,000
    • $10,000 - $20,000
    • $20,000 - $50,000
    • > $50,000

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

hmmm, this is sure to be a contentious poll based on how people assign value to games...do you go with various rarity guides, prices as dictated by eBay, prices as suggested by retail internet sites, original MSRP (ha!), what the local thrift asks for (ha ha!)...I went with what I would consider a blend of rarity guides + eBay + brick & mortar stores + discounts on the internet and what it would take to reacquire everything from Atari Pong all the way to my PS2...kinda scary, maybe I should have gone for more as I definitely upped my insurance level last year

I'm guessing my collection is around 20-25k, and that's eBay money, not some overinflated price guide. Have a few thousand unique games, so in that sense video game collecting is remarkably inexpensive compared to other hobbies.

Finding most stuff at flea markets doesn't hurt either ;)

mines prob around 2,500 if i count every atari system on up to xbox and ps2 plus games.

plus i got an extra system here and there for no reason than to display (or play when the other one bites the dust). about 17 systems and around 500-550 games. ...phew...thats a lotta shit

Edited by PressureCooker2600

Over 5k but under 10k

I counted my Coin-op's though since I do collect them, I don't own an original Space Invaders cocktail table because it's one of my favorite games.....that suckers a piece of history and it looks cool. I do fire it up now and then even though I own about 10 versions of SI on consoles, they just don't feel the same as the original. With out coin-op's it would be close to 5k in 2600 games....I don't really COLLECT anything else I just PLAY the others.

Edited by Crazy Climber

Good question! I've got roughly 180 2600 games, and just about any 2600 game goes for $2 in a birck and mortar store. So I'd say the 2600 collection is worth $350, the 5200 games might go for $2 also, so that's probably worth $50, the 7800 knocks out another $500 easily...the NES, probably $150, game boy, $300, game gear, $100, Saturn's probably worth close to a grand since I've got quite a few of the rare titles, PS1's probably about $200, N64's easily another grand, probably $1,500 even, DC's worth $200, and the PS2 could pull another $300. I'm gonna guestimate my PC game collection at $400, to include one of the Voodoo cards but no other hardware.

So, at a rough guess, about five thousand bucks.

This is a tough one...i've been trying to figure out a number value for my game collection for a while now. I recently had my toy collection insured for close to $50K though, so i suppose if i come home to a heap of smoldering plastic one day i can just replace the games with a bit of that cash and not go quite as mad on the toys this time around. :)

when i started collecting in early 1997 i saved EVERY receipt, money order stub and i wrote down what i paid for stuff at flea markets on other videogame related receipts

so i know what i paid for my entire collection, but probably not what its actually worth at this time

This is a tough one...i've been trying to figure out a number value for my game collection for a while now. I recently had my toy collection insured for close to $50K though, so i suppose if i come home to a heap of smoldering plastic one day i can just replace the games with a bit of that cash and not go quite as mad on the toys this time around. :)

lol....that must be a lottttt of toys

I picked the 10-20k range since that is about what I have paid for it. Back when I was keeping track I was approching 10k and I've gotten quite a bit more since then. If I was to sell it on ebay in one lump it would probably come in under 10k but broken up, I think it would be a bit above. Of course I've also bought a few systems for more than their ebay worth (4 TI 99/4a's @ approximatly $15ea) and a few of the systems have gone down in price (Vectrex) since I purchased them but a few more have gone up.

I recently had my toy collection insured for close to $50K though

Is this through your home insurance? I currently have Nationwide and since the games & systems are considered obsolete equipment they wouldn't allow me to add any extra coverage for them.

Edited by glitch

Insured for $10k and the only way I would part with my collection would be by force (a la getting robbed) and the insurance company would be covering it so my stuffs worth about $10k no matter how you look at it although it is worth roughly that much anyhow as far as market prices arew concerned.

Insured for $10k and the only way I would part with my collection would be by force (a la getting robbed) and the insurance company would be covering it so my stuffs worth about $10k no matter how you look at it although it is worth roughly that much anyhow as far as market prices arew concerned.

whats really bad is if i was getting robbed, id probably die protecting my collection....unless i had my bowie knife handy.......pretty sharp

I went with $1000-$2500.

But you tell me. This is all the stuff I can think of offhand:

1.Complete Magnavox Odyssey (some parts still wrapped)

2.Complete Odyssey 100

3.Complete Odyssey 300/ English/French box and manual

4.Boxed Odyssey 400

5.Complete Odyssey 2, with Voice and approx 30-35 cartridges, appox 8-10 boxed

6.Complete Fairchild Video Entertainment System (non-working), with Fairchild Dust Cloth and Envelope/Paperwork

7.Fairchild Channel F II w/ approx 12 carts (7 complete), incl. Bowling and Galactic Space Wars

8.Sears heavy-sixer w/Sears paddles, manual

9.Complete Atari 2600 light sixer (minty)

10.Atari 2600 4-switch woody (minty) w/manual

11.Sears Video Arcade II w/manual, 3 VAII controllers (2nd controller jack needs to be repaired)

-->Approx. 300 cartridges, +95% in fair to good condition (approx 12-15 CIB)

-->notable titles: Magicard Reproduction

------------------Cosmic Corridor

------------------Private Eye

------------------Pitfall II

------------------Task Force

------------------Cosmic Commuter

------------------Sears pic label Missile Command

------------------Complete Boxed Star Ship

------------------Complete Boxed Star Raiders (w/Touchpad box, game box, manual, comic book, outer box)

-->6-7 CX-40 joysticks, 3-4 sets of paddles, 4 keyboard controllers (2 with Magicard overlays on them), 2 Driving controllers, Atari Trakball, 4 Video Touch pads, 2 Wico "bat" joysticks, 2 Slik Sticks, 1 Archer joystick, 1 "Baseless" controller with Archer-style stick, 1 Kraft joystick (button doesn't work),2 Pointmaster joysticks

--> Other stuff: Game Brain cartridge selector, 2 thumb-firing stick attachments for CX-40 joysticks (I forget what they're called), Arcadia Supercharger with cassettes #1,#3, and #5

12.Boxed Atari 5200 2-port

13.Complete Atari 5200 4-port with 2 working joysticks and approx 40 games, none especially rare

-->CIB VCS adapter, trakball controller w/manual, joystick coupler, Wico joystick with Y-adapter

14.Atari 600XL w/boxed 1010 cassette recorder (w/manual), River Raid and BASIC programming cartridges

15.Commodore 64 w/ approx 75 floppies, Epyx Fast Load, Lode Runner, Gorf, and a couple other cartridges I forget the titles of

16.Boxed Sylvania Intellivision w/ Intellivoice and approx 50-60 cartridges (approx 14-16 boxed), including Mind Strike

17.Apple IIe (non-working) with dual disk unit, Apple Monitor (works perfectly)

18.Nintendo NES w/manual, 2 controllers, 1 Advantage joystick, 1 Zapper, 1 Running Pad, approx 50-60 cartridges, Game Genie+book

19.Nintendo SNES, 4 games, 2 controllers

20.Sega Genesis (system II) w/ 2 6-button controllers, 1 3-button controller, approx 10-15 games

21.JVC X'Eye w/ 1 JVC controller

22.Sony Playstation 1 (needs repair), 2 original non-dual shock, controllers, 10-20 games

23.Nintendo 64, 2 controllers (1 gray, 1 blue), 12 or so games

24.Nintendo Game Boy (x3), 5-10 games (some are GBC)

25.Sega Game Gear w/ 3-5 games

Other Stuff: Sears Telegames game organiser (console sits on top, 30 games and controllers sit inside), "Video Game Center" Atari/Intellivision/Coleco organiser, a heavy-duty wooden 24-cartridge organiser, a cartridge case with adjustable shelves to fit a variety of cartridge sizes, some other cart organisers, and a Vidtari dust lid/game+manual holder, Atari Touch-Me, Atari Flashback 2

Edited by BassGuitari

This poll prompts me to actually add it all up and see if it should be insured as a "collection", I'll get around to it soon.

I reckon I come in around the $2500 - $3000 mark, mostly due to hardware and my DC games collection with some of the more expensive and rarer titles for other consoles and including my 8 & 16-bit computers.

lol....that must be a lottttt of toys

I checked my statement for accuracy with the wife, and actually it's $30k, not 50. We debated over the number when we got the rider tacked on, and i forgot which one we actually ended up going with. But yes...it is a LOT of toys. That's why they get their own room. :D Figures out to about each toy in there being insured for around $15. This obviously overestimates several things, but it all evens out once you get into some of the pricier figures and playsets.

It's through State Farm insurance, for anybody interested. They were pretty cool about tacking a lot of our stuff onto our renter's insurance, and we pay it all in one bill with the insurance for both of our cars. It didn't really even increase the bill by much...odd, since our toys and games are worth almost twice as much as both of our cars put together. :cool:

Edited by Scumdogg

It didn't really even increase the bill by much...odd, since our toys and games are worth almost twice as much as both of our cars put together. :cool:

That's because your toys don't go anywhere. So the odds of them being damaged, stolen, lost, or destroyed are far lower than something like a car, which has an incredibly high chance of being damaged by just sitting in a parking lot. Lower Risk == Lower Rates == Mostly Free Money for the Insurance Company. ;)

hmmm I have no idea what my stuff is worth.. let me see

atari 2600 with 73 games

atari 5200 with 28 games

atari 7800 with 15 games

atari lynx with 7 games

Odysse 2 with 6 games

atari 800 with 9 games

master system with 62 games

colecovision with 18 games

intellivision modle 2 with 3 games

jaguar with 5 games

texasi ti-99 with 4 games

sega genesis 15 games

sega cd 8 games

sega satun 21 games

sega dreamcast 13

turbo grphics 4 games

3D0 9 games

sega nomade

amiga 500 7 floppies 3 are games

snes 17 games

commodore 64 4 carts 30 floopies

playstation with about 10-15 games

gamegear 8 games

nintendo 64 13 games

neo-geo pocket 3 games

nintendo ds 5 games

psp 3 movies

xbox 28 games

ps2 7 games

vectrex 10 games

32x 8 games

gamecube 16 games

game boy SP 32 games

Virtual boy with all U.S releases execpt space invaders all games boxed +1 jap tetris with the box

maybe 5000$ with the rare games the boxed stuff accseories cant think of what it's all worth extra controllers all that crap. plus thats mostly not the right amount of what games i got some are too low especially with the CD games i would have to count all those i have about.. 500-525 games all together.

Edited by BONK