IGNORED

Ready For This Jelly?

MausBoy

I needed a break from being frustrated with the lack of extra sprites, so I thought I'd post a couple screen shots from Jelly Baby, my oldest and most favorite pet project. Well, besides my Maus RPG that's going nowhere.

post-8939-1163632942_thumb.jpg

post-8939-1163632949_thumb.jpg

Just for kicks here are a couple from the RPG too...

post-8939-1163633281_thumb.jpg

post-8939-1163633288_thumb.jpg

If these look fun at all, let's all hope and pray for some additional sprites in the standard kernel, I sure hate extreme flicker.

Did this forum die?

No, you just have to give people time to visit and read. :)

It seems like bB is cooling off, and that sucks...

It's as hot as we make it. ;) And those screens look great, by the way!

I can speak only for myself. Right now "real life" isn't leaving me as much free time for bB and ASM as I'd like-- plus, I have an ASM project I need to wrap up over the next two weeks before I can get back into exploring ways to push bB's envelope (like how to exploit the Superchip RAM, for one). But hey, the holiday season is coming up fast! I get the week between Christmas and New Year's Day off each year, so I expect to be pretty busy with bB stuff during that time.

Michael

I wasn't really referring to this thread, I know a few hours isn't a long time to go with no responses to a thread with only screencaps in it. I just meant the forum in general seems like it was quite a bit busier when the weather was warm, and that seems backwards.

It's awesome that you get an entire week off for the holidays, and I can't wait to see this asm project of yours. As far as the Superchip stuff, it has me almost foaming at the mouth in anticipation. Plus the thread between you and Batari made it sound like he's got plenty in the works too, but he's always pretty quiet about what's going on behind the scenes until it's done I guess. He definately dosn't respond to pm's nagging him for news, unfortunately.

What I'd ideally love to see that would make every single project I've tried completely possible, would be the multiple instances of pfcolors and pfheights I've already nagged about, and hopefully a combination of the standard and multisprite kernel (with the no 3 overlapping issue fixed.) A higher resolution playfield sure wouldn't hurt either.

With the work I've already done on so many projects, if that ever happens I'll have finished games coming out left and right. Thanks for the update!

Edited by MausBoy

Those shots are amazing :D

...Candy, shmandy!

Thank you :) If I get my way (Which unfortunately requires someone else doing most of the work, before I ever even get started) then they'll be 1000x better by the time the games are released.

"In the science-fiction television series Doctor Who, the Doctor (especially his fourth incarnation) was particularly fond of Jelly Babies, often offering them to people. In one Fourth Doctor story (The Face of Evil), a cultural mixup on a planet he visits causes him to pass into mythology as an evil god who eats babies. "

That's some funny sh*t!

Edited by MausBoy

• 3 weeks later...

I've been out of the loop for a while, bB-wise, not really keeping up with the language.

I thinnk when it's a language in process, there's a big flurry of activity 'cause it's so new and cool, but then there's a time when people say "well, I might as well sit this out for a while, because it might be easier in the future".

Also, I keep wanting for Al to make this a "proper subforum" of Programming, rather than a subsubforum, so it would show up on the front page.

There are too many new features in bB for anyone to have "blown their load" with .35. If you were the only one to create a game that made it to cart with that version, then isn't it a shame that you stopped there?

Here's another real screenshot from an all but abandoned adventure game. I don't remember how I got the sprites to not be evenly spaced, but I think the effect sure is nice.

post-8939-1165608919_thumb.jpg

And here's an awful lava lamp I made in bB a while back heheh...

post-8939-1165609227_thumb.jpg

000hotlava.bin

Edited by MausBoy

Here's another real screenshot from an all but abandoned adventure game. I don't remember how I got the sprites to not be evenly spaced, but I think the effect sure is nice.

That's easy! You set one of the players to three copies with medium spacing, and then positioned the main (or first) copy of the player over toward the right side of the screen. The first two copies of the player are on the right side of the screen, but the third copy is on the left side of the screen because it has "wrapped around." :)

Michael

Well, is there a stable version of Bb that offers all these features? The version I used to design Solar Plexus most certainly did NOT have them.

JR

Version 0.99c is pretty stable, as far as I know-- but I haven't tested all of its capabilities yet. I'm hoping that batari will finally post a version 1.00 release sometime during or after the holidays. :) And if he's worried about bugs-- well, he can correct them and then release version 1.01! ;)

Michael