IGNORED

I am updating the Atlantis II registry

homerwannabee

There is one on Ebay now, looks very suspicious....low feedback, plus the fact that one of his two feedbacks is for buying an Atlantis cart!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2905459446151?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290545944615&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

What do you guys think?

Troythetoyboy from Tigard OR...

Lindasal from OR...

Allhallowseve from Tigard OR...

Connection or coincidence?

All are one person as unfortunate as it is.

That's fine - Nothing was done bad here - I bought an atlantis which I believed to be atlantis 2 by the description when I emailed him. It was taken down and nothing was sold. I list reproductions as such when they are - you can see it in list repro's in the item descriptions, when they are in fact reproductions. No harm was done - and I just have to laugh and shrug off the conspiracy theories.

P.S.

Atari 181 accused me of putting a fake end label on (Jerry Greiner's) copy of eli's ladder and selling it as complete. It was sold to a very prominent individual here without an end label (so - that was a blatent lie). He's blocked from my computer, so I don't even look at his nonsense schizo shit anymore . Anyways, I'm going to take advice from a friend here and not ramble on and on.

Edited by allhallowseve2000

That's fine - Nothing was done bad here - I bought an atlantis which I believed to be atlantis 2 by the description when I emailed him. It was taken down and nothing was sold. I list reproductions as such when they are - you can see it in list repro's in the item descriptions, when they are in fact reproductions. No harm was done - and I just have to laugh and shrug off the conspiracy theories.

P.S.

Atari 181 accused me of putting a fake end label on (Jerry Greiner's) copy of eli's ladder and selling it as complete. It was sold to a very prominent individual here without an end label (so - that was a blatent lie). He's blocked from my computer, so I don't even look at his nonsense schizo shit anymore . Anyways, I'm going to take advice from a friend here and not ramble on and on.

You do realize nothing here is really deleted the images are still on the server.

you posted it here with the end label, then deleted the images and post.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/194302-delete-please/

Sold at least 3 eli's ...two with labels and end labels intact (and 1 w/instructions - 1 of the few known to exist) and last one to my friend Deusexmachina with no lend label (Jerry's copy). Never advertised as having an end label. Ask him - case closed.

This is an atlantis II registry list - let's keep it that way.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 years later...

Hello all! Im writing in this thread since this appears to be the most centrally organized thread in regards to atlantis ii.

Recently I purchased a CIB atlantis ii from a member here who claims to be a contestant who cannot find his paperwork. There are some details about this copy that have been put into question by a certification company that I think are valid concerns and was hoping the community might be able to provide constructive conversation. Essentially the Atlantis II sticker is on the cellophane (which appears to be a unique situation?) and there is a little - "swoop" on the top of the A which appears to be a slightly different font used than other stickers. You can see what im talking about circled here:

image.thumb.png.de95eae81e39dac180989834d72d354c.png

The thread/member who i purchased from is located here:

For the record, the gentleman (whose name i won't disclose publicly without his permission) has been very upfront and appears to be honest. Just a gentleman who's not a gamer/reseller who found his copy but can't find the rest of his materials. Says he knows he lost the scuba gear long ago as it essentially rotted away from heat in his attic, and that he's certain his letter is somewhere with his passed mothers possessions but hasn't found it in his digging yet. He's helpful, communicative and seems to genuinely want to help me resolve it, even suggesting that I post here. These facts imply that he's a honest dealer, though I will admit the different details with the copy are worrying. Im hoping to document as many CIB copies/labels/stickers as possible to come to a conclusion as to whether or not this copy could be considered authentic.

Thanks to any who may help! 

On 5/2/2023 at 12:46 PM, Sorn said:

Hello all! Im writing in this thread since this appears to be the most centrally organized thread in regards to atlantis ii.

Recently I purchased a CIB atlantis ii from a member here who claims to be a contestant who cannot find his paperwork. There are some details about this copy that have been put into question by a certification company that I think are valid concerns and was hoping the community might be able to provide constructive conversation. Essentially the Atlantis II sticker is on the cellophane (which appears to be a unique situation?) and there is a little - "swoop" on the top of the A which appears to be a slightly different font used than other stickers. You can see what im talking about circled here:

image.thumb.png.de95eae81e39dac180989834d72d354c.png

The thread/member who i purchased from is located here:

For the record, the gentleman (whose name i won't disclose publicly without his permission) has been very upfront and appears to be honest. Just a gentleman who's not a gamer/reseller who found his copy but can't find the rest of his materials. Says he knows he lost the scuba gear long ago as it essentially rotted away from heat in his attic, and that he's certain his letter is somewhere with his passed mothers possessions but hasn't found it in his digging yet. He's helpful, communicative and seems to genuinely want to help me resolve it, even suggesting that I post here. These facts imply that he's a honest dealer, though I will admit the different details with the copy are worrying. Im hoping to document as many CIB copies/labels/stickers as possible to come to a conclusion as to whether or not this copy could be considered authentic.

Thanks to any who may help! 

Mystery solved! Imagic apparently used two known typewriter fonts on various Atlantis II letters sent to contestants and the semi-finalist letter has a matching font to this label! The label also has foxing spots which afaik are impossible to accurately imitate, adding age validity to the copy. Attaching a picture I received from Marco Kerstens that helped with the validation!

signal-2023-05-06-14-32-02-403.jpg