IGNORED

Same idiots that smashed the 360, did it again.

CPUWIZ

Same thing I said last time: it's a machine and, like it or not, anyone getting upset over it makes the stupidity into social commentary. If it bugs you to see someone else buy a mass produced item from a faceless company and then destroy their own property, then you take said property too seriously. It doesn't even have the same impact as destroying a vintage system where something that there is only a limimted number of left in the world is destroyed. Here, who cares? Sony is aiming to make millions and milions more PS3s, so what's it matter.

Of course, they could have done something smarter. I was thinking about maybe getting a friend to go camp out for one and take a video camera with us. I figured we could record part of it and then, after 3 days or so out in the cold, when the store finally opened we could run in and run to the videogame section ahead of everyone, pushing and shoving as much as we had to. Then, when we got there I thought we'd skip past the PS3s and pick up Drill Dozer for the GBA and be like "phew, I thought they'd be all out."

By saying I thought that, I mean, like, I thought it for a couple seconds a few weks ago. It's too much investment for one joke for me.

Edited by Atarifever

...Was that supposed to be entertaining? Maybe I'm just not understanding why someone would spend $600 to destroy a bunch of plastic and metal on a sidewalk.

The video wasn't particularly funny, nor was it shocking.

And here it is: the best possible response to this if you truely don't care. When they smash the Wii, if you truely don't care, you should just copy and paste Xizer's post into the thread, or not write at all.

What upsets me with these morons is the waste. They could have taken that brand new system, sold it on ebay, and take the $2000+ and given it to a homeless shelter and helped out people who needed to be helped.

To me that would have been the more anti-corporate statement because they would have been getting more then what they paid, so Sony wouldn't have gotten and of the $1400 or so profit gained, and they would have been helping out the community.

Smashing the thing just adds to our already over consumerist and wasteful culture.

how was this supposed to hurt Sony or make a statement? They already got the money, what would they care?

I was thinking about maybe getting a friend to go camp out for one and take a video camera with us. I figured we could record part of it and then, after 3 days or so out in the cold, when the store finally opened we could run in and run to the videogame section ahead of everyone, pushing and shoving as much as we had to. Then, when we got there I thought we'd skip past the PS3s and pick up Drill Dozer for the GBA and be like "phew, I thought they'd be all out."

Now that's funny! That would have been good to put up on YouTube. But it's too late now... it would only work at the height of the mayhem.