IGNORED

Welcome to the New Forums! Please Read!

Albert

shrink the avatars (they're getting too big now' date=' a 1 line post takes the same vertical size as a 20 line post).[/quote']

I've noticed this too... and it seems like a lot of wasted space to me. Instead of resizing Avatars, would it be possible to move the postcount, join date, etc information to the bottom of the message along with the ICQ/AIM/etc buttons? It might make things look a little better.

And even though I'm using Opera 6.01 now, I *still* get the problem where the formatting buttons thow my cursor to the top left of the text entry... I noticed NoahsMyBro has this problem too... is this limited to just Opera, or are other browsers affected? (I can vouch for Netscape 4.0...)

Also, at the moment, I'm getting NO graphics at all... just boxes that say "Very Happy" and "Smile" in them instead of the graphics... I'm assuming you're changing the graphics at this moment? (EIther that, or I probably have Opera misconfigured or something)

Oh, and the new color scheme is better... but the blue doesn't match the blue used with the rest of the site (Of course, as soon as I finish typing this, it'll probably be changed.. .:P )

And one final complaint... the flashing AA symbols beside long topics are a little obnoxious... it's like little strobe lights on the side of the page or something.

--Zero

I've noticed this too... and it seems like a lot of wasted space to me. Instead of resizing Avatars, would it be possible to move the postcount, join date, etc information to the bottom of the message along with the ICQ/AIM/etc buttons? It might make things look a little better.

Yes, that's exactly what we're going to do. Alex and I plan on spending some time tonight making changes, and this is one that I'd like to get in sooner than later. I want this change in before we add the "Custom Status" back, since that will be placed in the box to the left (and the last thing I want to do right now is make the posts any taller than they already are!) I'm also going to put in a fix to bottom align signatures, so they show up at the bottom of the table cell in the post, instead of immediately after the last line in the post. This will make things look a little "neater".

And even though I'm using Opera 6.01 now, I *still* get the problem where the formatting buttons thow my cursor to the top left of the text entry... I noticed NoahsMyBro has this problem too... is this limited to just Opera, or are other browsers affected? (I can vouch for Netscape 4.0...)

I'll need to look into this and see if it's a global problem or just with a few browsers. I'll also take a look on the phpbb support forum as I'm sure someone's brought it up there.

Also, at the moment, I'm getting NO graphics at all... just boxes that say "Very Happy" and "Smile" in them instead of the graphics... I'm assuming you're changing the graphics at this moment? (EIther that, or I probably have Opera misconfigured or something)

They look fine to me, we aren't in the process of changing them out right now (although we probably will look at that tonight as well). Let me know if this continues to be a problem.

Oh, and the new color scheme is better... but the blue doesn't match the blue used with the rest of the site (Of course, as soon as I finish typing this, it'll probably be changed.. .:P )

We're definitely going to play with the colors a bit to make them better match the rest of the site. However, you can't use the same dark shades of blue and orange for everything, so you need some variation. :)

And one final complaint... the flashing AA symbols beside long topics are a little obnoxious... it's like little strobe lights on the side of the page or something.

They're supposed to get your attention! ;) Perhaps we can slow the animation down a bit so it's not quite as in your face. It doesn't bother me, but I figured someone would probably say something about it eventually. :)

..Al

Then check out the beautiful music that Mac OS X, Mozilla 1.1a, and the revamped AtariAge forums make together!

AtariAge on my desktop

On Mac OS X, the new Mozilla 1.1 alpha supports Quartz rendering; that means anti-aliased type. Nice, huh?

Nice screenshot. :) I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to download the latest version of Mozilla and install it on my G4. I read about the Quartz rendering support, although I saw one person who posted before and after shots and the anti-alasing looked a bit blurry to me. However, it looks great in your shot!

..Al

Just one thing I'd like to bring up (if it hasn't already been brought up).

The scroll bar (especially the vertical one) needs to be a darker shade of blue. I have a hard time trying to see out how far I am down a page because everything in the scroll bar are close shades of light blue.

Oh another thing. I miss the different colors in the emoticons. Having them all yellow makes it a bit harder to distinguish between them.

Otherwise, nice update.

Later, Phil

Much like fungus, the new boards have grown on me, and for the most part are causing me little distress. however, I still hate the Smileys. Can we please get that awesome Spidey smiley???? The cool cat who makes all the awesome comics is the one who had it. Get it from him!

The scroll bar (especially the vertical one) needs to be a darker shade of blue.  I have a hard time trying to see out how far I am down a page because everything in the scroll bar are close shades of light blue.

Alex is working on that right now. :)

Oh another thing.  I miss the different colors in the emoticons.  Having them all yellow makes it a bit harder to distinguish between them.

Yes, these evil smileys are going away very soon. Maybe even tonight if we get a few other things done first. :o Thanks for the feedback!

..Al

Much like fungus, the new boards have grown on me, and for the most part are causing me little distress.  however, I still hate the Smileys.  Can we please get that awesome Spidey smiley????  The cool cat who makes all the awesome comics is the one who had it.  Get it from him!

Fungus! Well, that's a nice way of putting it. The smileys are going to be replaced soon. If you can find me that Spidey smiley, I'll add it to the site. :)

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

To the Als,

I don't know why this happens but I can't seem to reproduce it.

I come to the forums and check out the new messages by clicking on the "View posts since last visit". This is a great feature since I can quickly look through all the topics with new messages for anything that piques my interest.

Next, I click on one of the topics with new messages. I then read the messages, then I click back to the list of topics with new messages. I do this several times, each time clicking on a different topic with new messages. However, after a while, sometimes when I click back to the list of topics with new messages, I get nothing. :x The screen says that all the new messages have been read. But I did not read all the new messages yet! :x I can't seem to repeat this problem constantly either, as it seems random.

I don't know if I explained myself clearly (I hope so). :| It gets frustrating sometimes, because then I have to go into each category and look for the new messages based on the date. I would rather use the list of topics with new messages way as it's much quicker.

Thanks for your time, Phil