IGNORED

Getting Your Exercise

jbanes

The Wall Street Journal is running a story about folks who've been getting quite a workout playing the Wii.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB116...ff_main_tff_top

Ryan Mercer, a customs broker in Indianapolis, lifts weights several times a week. But that hasn't helped much with the Wii. After playing the boxing game for an hour and a half, his arms, shoulders and torso were aching. "I was soaking wet with sweat, head to toe -- I had to go take a shower," he says. And the next morning? "I had trouble putting my shirt on," says the 21-year-old avid gamer.

How about you guys? Have you worked up a sweat playing the Wii?

• Like 1

Sad to say..but yes I have. Mainly Tennis does this after a while on me.

I can't get the hang of the controls for Boxing yet. I can't seem to get it to punch when I want..or go where I want it to. I don't have any trouble with any of the other Wii sports games..just Boxing...

No sweat yet. Some frustration though.

I can't get the hang of the controls for Boxing yet. I can't seem to get it to punch when I want..or go where I want it to.

The controls on Boxing are very hit and miss. The body guard actions work well, but the actual punch swings and locations (face, body jab, etc.) are really kind of random which sucks.

And I want Super Punch Out, not Wii Boxing! :D

I can't get the hang of the controls for Boxing yet. I can't seem to get it to punch when I want..or go where I want it to.

The controls on Boxing are very hit and miss. The body guard actions work well, but the actual punch swings and locations (face, body jab, etc.) are really kind of random which sucks.

I've heard that the controlls are quite good. Do you have a lot of glass/ glare in the area where your Wii is?

I've heard that the controlls are quite good. Do you have a lot of glass/ glare in the area where your Wii is?

I have not worked up much of a sweat, but I definately feel it in my upper arm. The thing I find with Wii Boxing is that you can't just punch and have it work, you have to be in a position that throwing the punch is actually feasible for your character. Within that condition, you can throw punches pretty much anywhere, you can even do hooking punches and uppercuts.

• 10 years later...

The Wall Street Journal is running a story about folks who've been getting quite a workout playing the Wii.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB116...ff_main_tff_top

How about you guys? Have you worked up a sweat playing the Wii?

True story. That's me hahaha. I was interviewed by Forbes after that too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLznUBgm8S4

If you think Wiisports gave u a workout, you guys should definately try out Rayman Raving Rabbids!

Get it just to play the "Orange juice stand game" icon_razz.gif

I know this thread is ancient, I mean hell I wasn't even on the forum back then and the thread is about me haha but what really killed me was Rampage. I'd go crazy trying to destroy buildings and it would leave me so sore, I got Rampage a couple weeks after that interview.