IGNORED

Username and Other Profile Settings

Albert

One differenence between the old forum software and the new one is that this software does not maintain a separate "Display Name" vs. "Login". This means that your Login is what is displayed publically to the world. Many people were using different (usually shorter) login names, and may be surprised when they see their login name instead of the display name they are accustomed to.

With the new software this is called your "Username", and it is used both to log into the forum as well as as what is displayed to other users. To change your username, go to your profile and edit the first field. Then make sure you click on the Submit button at the bottom of the page. While on this page, you might also want to make some additional changes. Some of interest:

- AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo Instant Messenger IDs.

- Always Notify me of New Replies (you might want to turn this off)

- Time Zone, so you can see message timestamps in your local time

- Avatar Settings - you can upload a new avatar (avatars can now be up to 120x120) or choose one from our Avatar galleries.

..Al

for some reason I was no logged in already when I returned this evening, despite the fact that I clicked the little box upon leaving last time. Do you know the specific cookie that holds this info, I have a cookie sweeper that wipes unspecified cookies out when I close IE. I think the cookie may have been wiped.

I still can't change anything in my profile (I've tried several times with the new avatar) & I'm recieveing notification of topic replies like crazy.

Are you clicking the "Submit" button at the bottom of the Profile page after you make your changes? If not, then they won't get saved. I have turned topic notification off for you and removed all the threads you were watching, so you shouldn't get any further emails. Drop me a line at albert@atariage.com if you continue to have problems.

..Al