IGNORED

What is the best Superman video game?

Rhindle The Red

What is the best Superman video game?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Superman video game?

• Superman by Atari for the Atari 2600
    • Superman III by Atari for the Atari 8-bit computers. Unreleased.
    • Superman: The Game by First Star Software for the Commodore 64.
    • Superman by Kemco for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
    • Superman: Man of Steel by Tynesoft for the Commodore 64.
    • Superman by Taito; Arcade game.
    • Superman: The Man of Steel by Virgin Interactive for the Sega Master System
    • Superman by Sunsoft for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.
    • The Death and Return of Superman by Sunsoft for the Super Nintendo and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis.
    • Superman by Titus for the Game Boy.
    • Superman 64 by Titus for the Nintendo 64.
    • Superman by Titus for the PlayStation.
    • Superman: Man of Steel by Infogrames/Atari for the Xbox.
    • Superman: Shadow of Apokolips by Infogrames/Atari for the PlayStation 2 and GameCube.
    • Superman: Countdown to Apokolips by Infogrames/Atari for the Game Boy Advance.
    • Superman: The Greatest Hero by VTech for the V.Smile system.
    • Superman TV Games unit by Jakks Pacific.
    • Superman Returns by Electronic Arts for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360.
    • Superman Returns by Electronic Arts for the Nintendo DS.
    • Superman Returns: Fortress of Solitude by Electronic Arts for the Game Boy Advance.
    • Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

To celebrate the release on DVD of the best Superman movie of 2006, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut*, which do you think is the best video game based on the Man of Steel?

The list is taken from the Wikipedia article "Superman in popular culture" (an article to which I have contributed heavily). I have deliberately not included the various "Justice League" titles.

If you know of any other Superman games I missed, please list them so I can get them in there.

* Purely subjective opinion. You're Mileage may vary.

The 2600 version for me. It's still one of the few "superhero" games which used the alter-ego aspect of the main character. There are things you have to do as Clark Kent and as Superman in order to win, which isn't the case with lesser games where you have to play as Superman all the time.

Not to mention, I think it's the only Superman game where he can't die. He's invulnerable as he should be :)

Hey, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who liked The Death and Return of Superman. I need to play that again...but as I recall, you can't save during the game, can you? You have to beat the game in one sitting as I recall. I had the SNES version.

Was their really a Superman game for the Playstation? I see it was made by Titus. Was it basically a PS1 version of the N64 game? I got Hardcore Gamer Magazine in the mail today and they reviewed Superman Returns and they gave it a 3.75 score out of a possible 5. They said that, despite the game's problems, they still liked it since it actually had that special "Superman" feel to it...